[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What causes the holier then thou attitude amongst atheists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: ahteist.jpg (87KB, 456x480px) Image search: [Google]
ahteist.jpg
87KB, 456x480px
What causes the holier then thou attitude amongst atheists?
>>
>>1947168
People fetishized intelligence. Even though, most of those retard are the same stupid to those they mock.
>>
Same thing that causes it among the religious.
>>
>>1947168
what causes christians to flood this board with bait threads?
>>
>>1947168
the Holy Ghost
>>
>>1947168
They're not. It's just that religious people by default think they're holy, but the atheist says nothing is holy.
>>
File: 33825697.jpg (104KB, 960x394px) Image search: [Google]
33825697.jpg
104KB, 960x394px
>>1947210
>Ghost
with translations like this you might as well call it a spuk
>>
>>1947168
Being right will do that to you
>>
>>1947213
I think you are taking holy a little too literally
>>
Years of resentment of being forced to go to church when they were young

All of the rude atheists I've met in my lifetime were all raised in a Christian household
>>
>>1947168
family problems probably
>>
>>1947185
What makes you so sure it's a Christian?
>>
File: 1448792666401.jpg (178KB, 888x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1448792666401.jpg
178KB, 888x1120px
>>1947168
The same thing that causes it amongst religious followers:

The idea that WE know the truth, WE are enlightened, WE are wise and virtuous, and all the rest are laughably wrong.
>>
>>1947168
they use the exact bullshit logic as radical religious people, but replace scripture with ""science""
>>
>>1948360
>i literally don't know what science is
>>
There's the smart atheist, that knows there is no proof of God, nor disproof. He's studied religion and doesn't find it to be accurate or promising. And simply picks a side. Then there's the le edgy atheist, that claims there is proof God doesn't exist because of some scientific theory created by an agnostic or religious person, and goes on bashing every religion without understanding a thing about it or it's history.

I used to claim that I was atheist. But now it's been overrun by 8Gag children. I believe a creator of the universe is a possibility. But I don't believe evolution has had divine guidance, I don't believe in heaven or hell, etc. All of those things seem to have been made up by man. There's evidence that the universe was created. Until we know who or what created it, there's nothing wrong with ignorance and picking a side until you're proven right or wrong. There's nothing wrong with religion either. But to be so extreme and fundamentalist that you think you need to kill other people who have different beliefs than you is unhealthy.
>>
File: 1475210278796.png (60KB, 904x692px) Image search: [Google]
1475210278796.png
60KB, 904x692px
>>1948353
Damn that is one divine Pepe. Don't post him too much. Keep him a secret until time is right anon. Kek approves of the righteously guided, and it isn't atheism.
>>
>>1948353
This, a thousand times. Even as an atheist I'd much rather be around genuinely religious religious people are aren't in your face about it than fedoras.
>>
>>1947168

the problem with modern atheists is that most of society live as atheists. Militant atheists want to be special snowflakes in a world in which they arent special anymore.
The want minority points in a world in which they arent a minority anymore.
How many people marry virgin in the west? if a woman gets pregnant from her boyfriend, do the parents of the woman and the man pressure them to get married to save the kid from being born out of wedlock?

modern western society is post christian, doesnt hate religion but doesnt really care about religion. The bible belt is a minority in the USA, one of the most religious western countries, and republicans prefered Trump to Cruz.

the other problem is atheists havent proven themselves to be less genocidal or criminal than religious people, since the French revolution when they first became demographically relevant, and in spite of that they still pretend to some moral high ground (even though they also dont believe in good or evil)
>>
>>1947231
It seems to occur more commonly in atheists from more religious places so yeah, probably something like that. Maybe they see it as a way of rebelling, which someone from a less religious area wouldn't, so they don't make a big deal of being atheists because nobody cares.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.