[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many knights used guns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

I was trying to get Shogun 2 working and i wondering that if in a different timeline, would European foot knights end up using guns like their Japanese counterparts?
Were there many knights who used guns?
>>
>>1946988
Well they had small hand caons that was about it
>>
No, knights were mounted.
>>
Lots of horsemen later on had pistols instead of lances, ride up to pike blocks, fire pistols, ride away.

Not sure if they were knights or not.
>>
File: 1468615142161.jpg (206KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
1468615142161.jpg
206KB, 600x518px
>>1946988
I swear this is posted every week. The answer is yes, sometimes. Check the archives before asking. Pic related

It depends on the time period. We're talking a few centuries here otherwise.

>>1947548
No, thats "cavalry".

"Knight" is a title of social class, usually referring to warrior-nobles. Not all knights participated as cavalry, and a great many would ride to battle, dismount, and fight with pole weapons.

>>1947557
Yup. The Germans often had young nobles form up into heavy pistol cavalry, acting as mercs.
>>
>>1947584
>"Knight" is a title of social class, usually referring to warrior-nobles
Who could afford horses.
>>
>>1947898
Afford does not mean use in battle
>>
>>1947920
That's generally the point.
>>
>>1947898

That's not really anything special. A big chunk of English archers were mounted, acting in a similar way to dragoons.
>>
>>1947584

How do we know those guys are knights?
>>
>>1947923
what is 100 year war.jpeg
>>
File: DSC_0451.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0451.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>1946988
>European footknights.
What?
>Did knights used guns?
The correct answer is "all of them."

Knighthood didn't just magically disappear after 1500s. They were still there both as the social class and as THE HEAVY FUCKING CAVALRY.

Given that the Cuirassiers, Lancers, et al slung pistols pistols on their horses it's safe to say Knights used guns.
>>
>>1947584
>"Knight" is a title of social class, usually referring to warrior-nobles.
It should also be considered that the title came with obligations. A knight had to maintain multiple horses, arms and armour as well as the servants to take care of these things. Many noblemen simply couldn't afford that so they chose not to become knighted while still fighting as heavy cavalry.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.