[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate is modern history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: WHAT_WHAT_WHAT_HIS.png (249KB, 738x312px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT_WHAT_WHAT_HIS.png
249KB, 738x312px
>Do we over-demonized world leaders that history told us not to like.
>>
And romanticize others
>>
Yes for the most part. And a lot of history is based on assumptions and stories not hard evidence.
>>
>>1943116
When will the sheeples wake up, and see this blatant truth?
>>
What do you mean? Certain events are covered extensively, others aren't. Some events are "propagandized", some aren't. You will often get a very different view on history if you are in academia, than you do in pop history.

"General history" I think for white first world countries is decent-ish in explaining I guess the basic way we got to where we are. But it isn't great, I've noticed especially in high school many events were heavily whitewashed if they still have large consequences today (Treatment of first peoples etc).

History on "Eastern" countries is basically a joke. I remember someone saying "The way we are taught Chinese history is like if the only thing you are taught about Lincoln is that he guaranteed state rights, then murdered 500,000 southerners trying to exercize those rights" and you weren't taught anything about the context or events that actually occurred.
>>
>>1943068
In Austria and Russia Napoleon was demonized just like Hitler, until the 1880s at least.
>>
File: IMG_7010.jpg (131KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7010.jpg
131KB, 400x400px
>>1943242
Wow unbelievable
>>
>>1943068
The biggest misconception about history is that there is a righteous party in every conflict.

Most of the time, both sides do horrible things and prepare self-serving rhetoric for the textbooks after the fact.
>>
>>1943446
>posting Facebook tier dad memes
You learned about 4chan from Breitbart didn't you?
>>
>>1943596
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid?
>>
File: lets have a chat son.jpg (78KB, 573x664px) Image search: [Google]
lets have a chat son.jpg
78KB, 573x664px
>>1943446
get that post the fuck out of here please
>>
File: IMG_6995.jpg (729KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6995.jpg
729KB, 1000x667px
>>1943607
Stay off the drugs kids
>>
>>1943133

Because most people really couldnt give a shit about history and dont care. Pointing that fact out to them is seen as futher proof that its all bullshit and they shouldnt care.
>>
>>1943446

>WAHHHHHH!!!!! WHY WONT THEY WORSHIP THE MAN WHO FUCKED UP THEIR COUNTRIES, JUST LIKE I DO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
>>
File: Captain Obvious.jpg (39KB, 750x205px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Obvious.jpg
39KB, 750x205px
>>1943957
>>
History is not a monolith. Look at WW2. The Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Ukrainian, American, Austrian, etc understanding of the war varies pretty noticeably, at least in grade school and pop culture.
>Japan was a good boy who dindu nuffin
>Austrians were totally victims guys we promise we secretly hated murdering people
>the strange American fixation on the war as both good and the gold standard of war stuff, despite being extremely abnormal
>China just makes shit up half the time
Every society will look at an event and the most comforting interpretation will normally control how they see it.
>>
>>1943216
>if they still have large consequences today
>(Treatment of first peoples etc).
Here is your (You).
>>
File: image-1718444_960_720.jpg (164KB, 960x642px) Image search: [Google]
image-1718444_960_720.jpg
164KB, 960x642px
>>1946012
Who are you quoting?
>>
Yes, history is examined through the lens of ideology. As are all educational subjects.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.