[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he sacrificed himself for us, therefore we must worship him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Savior.jpg (329KB, 561x750px) Image search: [Google]
Savior.jpg
329KB, 561x750px
>he sacrificed himself for us, therefore we must worship him

Was self sacrifice for the greater good really such a foreign concept to people back then?

I mean, plenty of soldiers sacrificed themselves to save their platoons back in WWII, and they aren't exactly being worshipped.

Wew Christians, just wew.
>>
>>1942555
Nice try Muslim but We have God and Gordon highlanders on our side
>>
>>1942555
>He is the eternally begotten Son of God therefore we must worship him

FTFY
>>
>>1942555
You don't understand the Biblical concept of sacrifice. Basically, when the Israelites sinned, they had to sacrifice an animal to God as a form of penance, it's all in the Torah. Then Jesus came down and served as the final sacrifice so no further offerings are needed. This is why he's called the lamb of God too.
>>
>>1943043

But proper sin offerings are bulls, not lambs. You only offer a sheep if you're too poor to afford a bull. And it would be a female sheep besides.
>>
I was raised in USA but I still don't even understand what changed with Jesus. Was it literally impossible to be forgiven for sins before Jesus?

>>1943043
So Jesus was sacrificed as part of an elaborate attempt to conserve food?
>>
>he is God, therefore we must worship him

Here faggot OP.

What's with these retarded anti-Christian threads on /his/ lately? I have nothing against debates, but the other side should at least know what they are arguing against.
>>
>>1944424
babby's first troll
>>
Not prospect of salvation until Christ died on the cross, to atone for mankind's sins as a whole. Only a few people in the Old Testament made it to heaven, and that's because they lived virtually sinless lives; they didn't even die to get there.

Also, we worship him for a multitude of, reasons, only one of which is his sacrifice. The whole 'Son of God' bit is important too.
>>
>>1943043
Except that's human sacrifice and therefore pagan as fuck.

Taking the concept of atonement and adapting to killing someone for our sins is like taking the concept of the Eucharist and adapting it to literally eating human flesh.
>>
>>1943489
>Was it literally impossible to be forgiven for sins before Jesus?
No. Jews didn't (and still don't) believe in hereditary original sin.
>>
>>1943489
No, it was, although with few exceptions (Elijah) it wasn't possible to reach Heaven - the virtuous people that died before were released there after Jesus' sacrifice.
>>
>>1943043
>>1942555
>penal substitionary atonement

Get off the Aquinas, Augustine, Anselm kool-aid

The Father did not punish the Son for the sins of man
>>
He's God and he did.
>>
>>1947079
He literally did "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". Perhaps not a punishment, but certainly a sacrifice as the Lamb of God.
>>
>>1943489
>So Jesus was sacrificed as part of an elaborate attempt to conserve food?
Fucking kikes sacrificed Jesus to save money. God dammit I hate Jews.
>>
>>1947336
And to think he was multiplying bread and fish for them.
>>
>>1944460
Funny because he's sounding like other savior god cults
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.