[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arguments against Christianity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (6KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6KB, 276x183px
In your opinion, what are the most effective arguments that can be directed against Christianity? I'm interested in debunking it from a moral/philosophical angle, but I find the amount of plagiarism in the Bible to be a particularly strong argument. (The website "Exposing Christianity" summarizes this well.)
Anyone else here have any particular favorite arguments/sources to use?
>>
>>1941636
Jesus as the messiah.

The Jews have absolutely blown Christianity the fuck out on this front.
>>
You're a retard.

You're trying to attack Christianity from a position of Positivism when you don't even realise the principle of religion is that it does not concern itself with reason, it ultimately an action, a method of living, no different to how one eats and sleeps, no different to how a bird flaps its wings.

Maybe when you grow up you'll realise that, and maybe you should stop reading and watching retarded new age atheists who think every can be argued against from a standpoint of Scientific Realism.
>>
>>1941636

From my point of view, it's as follows: Suppose it is true. Jesus really is the Messiah and the son of God, and now to achieve salvation, you need to have faith in him and do whatever in order to buy into his crucifixion.

Why then, was the Old Law given? The mainstream answer is that to show how people can't live by God's rules, but that necessitates God deliberately lying to who knows how many millions of people for roughly a thousand years about how to achieve salvation for your soul.
>>
It's more of a general argument against monotheism, but my argument against monotheism is that philosophically, it focuses solely on one aspect of existence, despite that matters like good and true are always related to at least their opposite, evil and false etc. This duality is also the reason why God needs the devil to oppose him, because oddly enough, you can't really have any form of meaningful good without also affirming the evil inevitably tied to it. This is also why oddly, polytheism is much more consistent, since it doesn't assume that the Gods are perfectly good. Polytheism has much more an emphasis on variation and affirming all aspects of life, which is why it represents reality much better
>>
>>1941641
ah yes but u know it es not all catholic do this, is just one pope u know many catholic turk dont do dis

thus not all do
>>
>>1941824
The thing is not all monotheists believe god is omnibenevolent. Jews in particular don't.

To quote Isaiah
>I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

That said this just highlights another contradiction in Christian thought and yet another reason why their theology is embarrassingly bad.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.