[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Secularist" Worldview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Buzzwords.jpg (4MB, 2496x2507px) Image search: [Google]
Buzzwords.jpg
4MB, 2496x2507px
How accurate is this?
>>
File: 43249008.png (9KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
43249008.png
9KB, 239x211px
>>1940118
>(1) Science

stop reading right there. most "secularists" couldn't tell you shit in detail about science and just throw themselves into blind faith regarding it.
>>
>>1940118
Not. Virtually all secularists have no grounding in higher thought and/or are downright euphoric.
>>
>>1940118
Secularism just means that you want a clear separation between church and state. You can be a secular Christian, a secular Jew, a secular Muslim, etc. That list is just a whole lot of projection.
>>
>>1940223
No it doesn't stop making shit up.
>>
>>1940234
Did you mean to reply to the OP and click on my post by mistake? Go away and come back when you have something substantial to say.
>>
>>1940118
Sort of accurate, most Westerners believe something like this shit without knowing what they're talking about.
>>
>>1940118
Who Have this to you?
>>
Was secularism always an extensive ideology with distinct organisation structure and ethical code or am I being memed on?
>>
>>1940240
Secularism literally does not mean separation of church and state. It means non-religious. A secular state is a non-religious state.
>>
>>1940223
It doesn't. If you say you're a "secular Jew" this doesn't mean you're a Jew who thinks blasphemy shouldn't be punishable by death. This means you were born a Jew and continue to identify as one despite being irreligious.

You're confused because "secularism" is most frequently used to describe a state's attitude towards religion as opposed to the average person's.
>>
>>1940782

noun sec·u·lar·ism \ˈse-kyə-lə-ˌri-zəm\

Simple Definition of secularism
: the belief that religion should not play a role in government, education, or other public parts of society
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary
>>
>>1940789
secular
ˈsɛkjʊlə/
adjective
adjective: secular

not connected with religious or spiritual matters.
>>
>>1940118
>science dosnt have a meta-narrative and is always secular (which this picture means to define as 'whith out God')
>history is sometimes dependent on current ideology - though there are lesser and greater standards of reasonable inquiry / evidence quality
>Sociology does not any normative values - what you are describing if liberal utilitarianism. Though looking at Uni departments I can see how the confusion comes about.
>Gov is about right though replace saviour with 'best option'
>Literature - Words arnt objective, meaning is use - correct. I think most secular people intuitively understand this.
>Philosophy (not even going to comment)
>>
>>1940789
>Full Definition of secularism
> : indifference to or rejection or exclusion of religion and religious considerations

I know you saw the full definition because it's on the same fucking page right under the simple definition you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>1940118
That's 90% projection.
>all atheists think the same
>>
A secular religious person believes in the religion but doesn't believe the state should be governed by its religious views. A secular state can still accept religion in its society, but its laws are not dictated by the religion.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.