[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pierre Trudeau/Quebec separatism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I feel like this period of history is barely discussed despite being relatively recent, and being a fairly big clusterfuck by first world standards.

What do you think of Trudeau Sr's actions in the 70s and 80s regarding Quebec and it's desire to leave Canada? Do you think he should have let it happen? Do he could have have implemented better reforms to unite the country? What do you you think the geopolitical implications of Quebec's secession would be?
>>
>>1937755
French Canadians are fucking retards, they should be allowed to seperate so that they'll quickly come crawling back and be forced to return as official second class citizens.
>>
there's a screencap that really explains the situation well, but I didn't save it

also, just dropping this here, still PET's biggest dick move
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_Meeting
>>
Its hard to struggle against British occupants, but Quebec will be free.
>>
File: 1469830555728.png (1MB, 2030x3396px) Image search: [Google]
1469830555728.png
1MB, 2030x3396px
>>1937878
anglocanadians are scum
>>
Western Canadian here.

I actually don't know squat about it, I'm ashamed to admit. I'm just finishing up a book about BC's history, does anyone know of any decent academic reads in regards to the history and interaction of Anglo Canada and French Canada?

>>1938687
Yeesh, that does not paint a flattering picture, but it's also a /pol/ post so I'll take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>1937755
He ruined Canada.
>>
>>1938687
This is an interesting collection, but they totally twist Riel and the Metis rebellion to fit their post narrative.

Riel didn't get off on reason of insanity because he was consistently trying to affirm he was sane (against his lawyers wishes) so he could prove the Metis' rebellion was just and rational.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.