[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: bronobo2.jpg (34KB, 470x370px) Image search: [Google]
bronobo2.jpg
34KB, 470x370px
So if what our brain stores is data and it has a representation for the data, and we can use the data to imagine things and invent new contexts and so forth - how is the data our brain manipulates into existing any less material than the things we see?

Meaning, the things we imagine are just different combos of impulses, different paths followed etc - it's a pattern from where some abstract structure appears, and it's rooted in reality. So if a human really believes something to be true and it has left a mark in their brain, it's true right, as far as they are concerned - the data is there, it exists, we just don't have access to it?

If a person's reality and brain are so fragmented that they start having conversations with anime girls and imaginary friends, aren't those things real, but we just don't have the brain pattern to see them?

Isn't it a natural thing for us to create illusions to deal with things - for example metaphysically inspired behavior(burials, remembrance of past relatives, writing things so people in the future could read them after you're dea) seems to be a side effect of the way we were built.

Help.
>>
File: incisionupdate.png (551KB, 718x517px) Image search: [Google]
incisionupdate.png
551KB, 718x517px
>>1936764
Okay consider this
I had part of my brain removed, I lost no motor of cognitive functions or memories, and 1 year on my short term memory has improved since pre surgery.
Your brain doesn't store data, even my neurologist and brain surgeon said this. They don't know how memories work or how we retrieve memories, they just know the different parts of the brain that play a role in those functions.

The real question is, how can we know if anything can be real if our brain isn't real?
>>
>>1936853
>Your brain doesn't store data,
it does

It supposedly works by changing synapse weights, basically how strong an ipsp or an epsp is, and how they sum

this isn't 100% understood and is a very simplistic model

there's people born with left half of the brain undeveloped, they still learn how to speak if they are trained, and aside from precise right body movements which they cannot do, you can't tell that they only have their right side of the brain

there is place for rearrangement in there
>>
>>1936883
I had tons of neuropsychological testing done to see which hemisphere in my brain was dominant, to know if it would be safe for surgery. The psychologist somehow determined that my speech control and dominant handedness were in my left side of my brain so it would be safe to operate on the right side.
Even the psychologist said they're not sure where memories are stored or how they're retrieved, they only know the parts of the brain that store memory which is the hippocampus. But I only have 1 hippocampus and I have no trouble with memory now
>>
>>1936912
yes hippocampus is more or less 100% confirmed, but how it does the memorizing it is interesting, most people do have their speech in the left side as well as the handedness, because the right hand goes with the left side of the brain, i wonder what tests were used to determine the side maybe mri, i dont know

anyway, where the scar is depending on what was removed and how much of the right a person might experience mild reduction in hearing in both ears, you could check how your hearing is

i believe your story because google search returned no results for me
>>
>>1936954
hearing wasn't affected, but I lost a quadrant of vision in my left eye. This is due to cutting through the optic nerve to for the temporal lobe resection. Not enough to restrict me from driving though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.