[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think suicide is bad? This isnt me memeing, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (182KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 960x720px
Why do people think suicide is bad? This isnt me memeing, why shouldnt you be able to set a limit on how bad it gets?
>>
>>1936641
Because of Christianism.
>>
>>1936641
They are more concerned with the impact your death will have on others than your own choice to stop your suffering.
It shows how shitty utilitarianism is.
>>
>>1936641
>Why do people think suicide is bad?

Permanent solution to a temporary problem.
>>
Because of the emotional pain you inflict on others.
>>1936658 is right.

>>1936678
wow real fuckin deep bro
>>
>>1936641

Why is murder bad?

Is that your question?
>>
I don't have any real issues with suicide but,

1. While there are times where things are VERY bad, there still are a great deal of suicides which are spur of the moment, overestimation of how bad circumstances are, or are just rashly considered.

A meaningful suicide, or what I would describe as a justified suicide, requires a certain detachment, which seems paradoxical for suicide but without this recognition of autonomy the decision seems poorly considered.

2. An often cited point is how it effects others, though most people who are pro-suicide don't feel this is a valid point, but I will argue it is.

Again though, there are times where it is understandable, but I don't think a suicidal person has any more right then a concerned bystander to exert themselves upon others (i.e. the effect a suicidal person has on a bystander and vice versa).
>>
>>1936684
I just think thats so insignificant though - you should keep suffering because stopping it makes other people feel worse?

People always say do what makes you happy and don't let others stop you from doing that, cant you apply that to this situation? shouldn't you ultimately act in your self interests?

I know I'm not really articulating my point clearly, I'm tired as fuck, but I think you understand my intentions and I know that your argument is one of the legitimate counters to mine so yeah it's worth adressing.
>>
>>1936721
I'm not saying that you SHOULDN'T commit suicide because it will inflict pain on others, I'm saying that THE REASON other people see suicide as MORALLY WRONG is because it causes pain for THEM.

I'm literally answering your question
>Why do people think suicide is bad?

Me, personally, I don't really care if it's morally wrong or not. Morality has very little say when you lack the will to live.

>cant you apply that to this situation?

Sure, if you want.

>shouldn't you ultimately act in your self interests?

There's no should's and shouldn't's in life. Do what you will.
>>
>>1936678
>Permanent solution to a temporary problem
> implying

If you had any grasp at the depths of depression, or how low the human psych can emotionally reach, you'd know it wasn't a "temporary" problem. Depressed once, depressed always. Incapable of reaching your aspirations (socially or emotionally), chances are, you're permanently incapable. People don't end their life on a mood swing.
>>
>>1936801
but brah, if nothing like matters and you have like no motivation do anything, why don't you just like say FUCK IT and do what you want brah!

I'll never understand depression lol
>>
>>1936801

LIFE is a temporary problem. Suicide is pointless, you'll be dead soon enough anyway. And I HAVE suffered with depression and in fact attempted suicide, so I think I know a little about the topic.
>>
>>1936824
lol right on brah why dont depressed ppl just do coke and fuck hookers brah? lol brah what do you mean you cant even take care of your hygeine or health brah

nothing matters brah lol
>>
>>1936641
Because the reptilian jews in power want to control you to the point you cant even decide if you are going to live or die
>>
>>1936678
*permanent solution to a permanent problem

FTFY
>>
>>1936678
wow u realy made me think

>>1936641
I think they don't get why people commit suicide.
>>
>>1936658
The impact is very small unless you have a child old enough to understand what happened and young enough to be permanently emotionally affected by it. Grief doesn't last forever. I've had people in my family die of natural causes and one suicide. Family member doesn't seem affected by one anymore than the other.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.