[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emperor Meiji

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0771.jpg (26KB, 220x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0771.jpg
26KB, 220x301px
I'm becoming really interested in him and some other modern Japanese emperors so:
>Was he really that great an emperor and actually one of the best?
>Was he liked or recognised outside of Japan much
>Did he set much example for other emperors
>Did he have the best hair of any emperor
>>
>>1936278
He was first emperor.
>>
>>1936278
He was a figurehead who gave authority to Meiji reforms.
>>
Didn't they later on just pick him as their figurehead when they did a revolt because they wanted to throw out all the xenophobic hyper-militants so that they could do their own hyper-militant-thing
>>
He was a colonist which could be bad or good
>>
>>1936278
Yes to all of the above. While he wasn't THE policy maker he did prove instrumental in a leadership role and keeping Japan on the correct track. His fetish for everything Western did a great deal to help encourage fence-sitting nobles support local merchants and kept Japan from sliding back into another Boshin War by isolating the various samurai factions.
>>
>>1937589
[DESIRE TO KNOW MORE INTENSIFIES]

Also, that sounds like further evidence for the school that Hirohito was a war criminal and colossal fuckup.
>>
>>1936278
None of the Japanese Emperors past the Heian period did shit. All they were were figureheads as opposed to de facto rulers.

The last Japanese emperor who had balls was Emperor Go-Daigo, who by himself enacted the attempted Kemmu Restoration.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.