[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is History fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 16

So I decided to return to university to study for a postgraduate degree in history

>over 50% of students female
>over 75% of professors female
>haven't spent a single seminar discussing actual historical events, only things like 'sex in the 16th century', 'race and racisms', 'inequality in early modern London' etc
>course convener openly said that readings are selected for diversity (at least one author must be female)
>same convener said that authors are removed for unrelated reasons (e.g. David Starkey was removed from all reading lists for his comments on the 2011 London riots)
>all history seems to be viewed through the lens of deconstructionist post-modernism

This isn't what I signed up for. I read Carlyle's 'Past and Present' and saw that the study of history can be pure joy and transcendental truth, and so thought I could dedicate my life to it.

The reality of modern academia seems to be the exact opposite. If I want to change this I would have to work my entire life against impossible odds.

I gave up my career to do this but feel like it was a huge mistake.

Any other anon's having issues with studying history at college/university?
>>
>over 75% of professors female

whats wrong with this? your other points are valid, but not these two.
>>
>>1935827
a history of getting shit done is fucked. the progression of humanity with stop in its tracks for the sake of muh feels.
>>
>>1935834
All leftist women want to talk about is inequality and how they were so oppressed.
>>
My course is pretty much 70% male and professors are nice and balanced. I'm in Europe though.
>>
>>1935834
Have you ever spoke to a woman?
>>
>>1935827

Sounds like you go to a shit university.

What a mess you think that history is just a series of historical events? How is that other stuff not "history"?
>>
>>1935827
Sounds like you just go to a shit school.
>>
>>1935846
I go to a small school in Burgerland in a liberal as fuck city and even here, most of the professors are male and actually talk about historical events.
>>
>>1935834
>why aren't we talking about all the important women during the napoelonic wars??!
>why aren't we talking about all the famous females inventors??!
>why aren't we talking about how homosexuals were oppressed during world war two??!
>>
>>1935827
>I can't enjoy history because women are included
What your concern seems to be is academic politics, not women ruining your history. No matter where you go or what university you attend, in liberal arts programs there's going to be a ton of bullshit. Professors have nutty ideas, some think really minor issues are more important than they are, and everyone's really opinionated but too doped up on tenure to follow through with focused defences of their ideas.
Speaking of unfocused arguments, you shouldn't use the percentage of women as a point. If your point is that women are ruining higher education just give your sexist rant so the janitors can send you back to /pol/. If your point is that gender and minority politics are emphasized too heavily, you shouldn't bother to mention the class composition. As is, it just sounds like you're including the comment about women since they're a point of irritation (someone having trouble getting laid?).
>>
>>1935827
>haven't spent a single seminar discussing actual historical events, only things like 'sex in the 16th century', 'race and racisms', 'inequality in early modern London' etc

"Actual historical events" are the most trivial aspect of history. Getting a history degree to study events is like getting a math degree to study subtraction.
>>
>>1935827

>ITT: Things that never happened
>>
why do roasties even make pretend they have interests outside of makeup and getting fucked by Chad?

roasties should be banned from academia they just turn everything into muh vagina (because they're basically a brain attached to a womb)

fuck I hate roasties and roastie enablers so god damn much
>>
>>1935827
Change universities you dingus and make sure they know why you took your money somewhere else.
>>
>>1935827
>studying actual historical events
historical events are a meme
no serious historian discusses events
>>
>>1935827
History teachers in my country are 95% males, but they are lefties
>>1935834
cuck
>>
>>1935882
All of those things are worthy of study. Just about everything in history is worthy of study.
>>
>>1935977
stfu nu-male
>>
>>1935982
>>>/r/thedonald
>>
>>1935983
t. riven main
>>
>>1935985
t. liquor lad
>>
>>1935904
This guy gets it. I'm always baffled that people complain about having to learn about attitudes towards sex in the 16th century, social inequality in the 19th century or the history or slavery or whatever. I am absolutely not a "feminist" or other bleeding heart SJW but some of my favorite subjects are early medieval conceptions of serfdom and slavery, the evolution of sexual mores and gender identities in Japan, the impact of capitalism in the 18th and 19th centuries and virtually anything the Annales School would discuss. I study history because I like learning about the alien mindsets of other countries, damnit.
>>
File: Marie_Guilhelmine_Benoist_001.jpg (144KB, 626x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Marie_Guilhelmine_Benoist_001.jpg
144KB, 626x1024px
>>1935882
The biographies of Napoleon's female relatives and love interests are definitely worth studying.
>>
>>1935902
>complaining about sexism
>on fucking 4chan
Tits or get the fuck out
>>
>>1935977
not as much as the rest, which is the entire point, dumbo
>>
>>1935977
Then why don't we have threads on those topics?
The answer is nobody cares.
>>
>>1935904
>>1936006
He's not complaining about learning history. He's complaining about learning SJW/libtard propaganda and bullshit which has no business in a classroom or in history studies
>>
>>1935827
All threads that start with this painting in the OP are trash, like clockwork.
>>
>>1936051
>why don't we have threads on those topics?
Because /his/ is full of plebs with short attention spans.
>>
>>1936051
If nobody cared, there wouldn't be classes taught about those subjects.
>>
>>1936044
Everything is worthy of study. Unless you want 14 years teaching about the Battle of Leipzig as your University curriculum.
>>
>>1936054

That's exactly correct

>>1935852

>Sounds like you go to a shit university.

It's in the top 10 in the UK

>How is that other stuff not "history"?

Well it is, but I feel as if we are studying historical sociology. We never look at the personalities who shaped the world. Hence my mention of Carlyle; that is the history I think is worthwhile.

The most important point is the last one I made, about the deconstructive angle of historical study. For example in the last seminar Elizabeth I was torn down in every way imaginable; all of her portraits were propaganda, all of her speeches fabrications, her public image was a facade. At the end of this line of thought there is no Elizabeth left, no Gloriana, no Sceptre'd Isle; just an empty husk. The divine light of truth and beauty which should shine from those times is completely distinguished and covered with cold dry HISTORY.
>>
>>1936109
>he believes in great man theory
>>
>>1936109
I think you just want to jerk off over specific figures instead of learning about history, senpai.
>>
>>1935827
blame cultural marxism

inb4 some ledditor tells be that cultural marxism is a "conspiracy theory"
>>
You never really learn anything about the time period when you just look at it with a modern bias. Oh no the women of the 15th century had less rights. Well was there any reason for that? If ventured down that hole, then we would have to attain an understanding of the actual time period of that civilization and you could achieve that without going in from the feminist angle. Basically, it's all superficial understanding meant to reaffirm cultural biases rather than seek an understanding. Because these questions answer themselves if you actually seek to understand the time period instead of just ending up criticizing its treatment of certain gender or ethnicity. But we can't have that. Everything about western culture now has to revolve around the feminist fight.
>>
>>1935882

Holy shit this 10000000000000000%

It's why I stopped majoring in history.
>>
>>1935977

Then have female history classes, not make diversity history classes disguised as a normal general history class (which is 90% of classes I've taken).

Men did more historically-significant things than women in the past. Deal with it.
>>
>>1936109
>At the end of this line of thought there is no Elizabeth left, no Gloriana, no Sceptre'd Isle; just an empty husk. The divine light of truth and beauty which should shine from those times is completely distinguished and covered with cold dry HISTORY.
Dude, just drop out and go read your Tolkien and your fairytales if you don't have the rigor necessary to learn "cold dry HISTORY".
No wonder you didn't go into STEM.
>>
>>1936136
>trying to take "normal general history"

wew lad
Are you sure high school history isn't more your speed?
>>
>>1936093
No, it isn't. Everybody has limited time.
>>
>>1936143
Tbh from the conversations I've had with history students at my uni it wouldn't hurt them to take a few high school level general history classes.

Their ignorance is astounding.
>>
>>1936164
>Their ignorance is astounding.
Because they don't agree with your /his/ memes?
>>
>>1936170
Because they lack basic historical facts.
>>
>>1935827
Where the fuck are you?

I'm doing history at uni, started this year

>85% male
>First part is all focused on 19th century totalitarian regimes
>Generally agreed that they were bad but had some merits and can see why people followed them in the day
>No political agendas at all
You chose a shit uni i guess
>>
>>1936186
>19th century totalitarian regimes
Typo?
>>
>>1936163
You won't get a good view of history if you just look over dates for 30 years.
>>
>>1936186
>19th century totalitarian regimes
>19th century
>totalitarian
Seems like you're getting some quality education.
>>
>>1936196
>>1936191
Or he's non-English speaker you fools.
>>
>>1936185
Knowing specific dates doesn't mean knowing more about history. Ex:

Who knows more about the signing of the Declaration of Independence:
The person who knows what day of what year it was signed;
The person who knows why it was signed?
>>
>>1936198
Pretty sure "19th century" and "totalitarian" isn't too hard to translate for ESLs.
>>
>>1936198
I'd bet that "19" means the same thing in most languages.
>>
>>1936200
I'm not talking about knowing specific dates, I'm talking about general knowledge. But nice strawman, please continue.
>>
>>1936203
In some languages 19th century refers to the English 20th century.
>>
>>1936194
You won't either if you study important women
>>
>>1936209
What, really? I never heard of such a thing.
>>
>>1936206
General knowledge such as what? Who the finance minister of France was during the July Monarchy?
>>
File: gramsci.gif (34KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
gramsci.gif
34KB, 214x235px
You need to understand such people are not actually historians, they do not love history, they are communist, revolutionaries, and the interests of the immaterial party as the collective of the activist intelligentsia trumps everything else.

These are the people that praise Maoist Cultural Revolution, the same that destroyed historical and archeological records, because of its status as a revolution from below. Every single word they write, every single thought hey have, is carefully geared towards the advancement of the REVOLUTION.
>>
>>1935904
>actual events are stupid
>let's study what women did during ww1 and how women are always oppressed
>no let's not give any other perspectives of history besides a liberal one
>what do you mean history students don't know much about the actual battles of ww1?

Affirmative actioning history != real history
>>
>>1936212
To be fair, Humann was a prominent figure in the Soult government.
>>
>>1936229

t.wikipedia
>>
>>1936230
I'm just a Frenchman who tries to pretend our quaint history is still relevant.
>>
>>1936234

>tries to pretend our quaint history is still relevant.

I'm from England and I know that feel
>>
>>1936015
>The biographies of Napoleon's female relatives and love interests are definitely worth studying.
No one said they weren't worth studying. They are however, not worth being propagandized
>>
Are we going to learn about the socieoeconomic impacts of britain's blockade of germany during WWI?
Are we going to learn about the effects of christian missionaries on tribal cohesion during the scramble for africa?
Are we going to learn about the political struggles of the middle east during the great game?

No we're going to learn about oppressed black poets in harlem lol.
>>
I started to realize this movement had gone out of control when I watched a documentary on Leo Tolstoy and it kept insinuating that it was actually his wife who was the brains and she couldn't write the books herself due to the times. His wife was of great support to him, but to overinflate her importance to the point where it reduces Tolstoy himself is sickening.
>>
Why don't you morons check the course and the syllabus out before signing up? Do you pick your university by throwing darts or something?
>>
>>1936271
>why don't you eat the purple poisoned berries instead of the red ones you have a choice
>>
>>1936265
pretty much
not that oppressed blakc poets in harlem are unimportant (even if...) but there are hundreds or thousands or events way more important than that.
>>
>>1936209
No.
In some languages you say the 1900s instead of the 20th century.
>>
>>1936272
Doesn't answer why you're willingly going to a shit university and signing up for bullshit, especially in these days when the average student considers going to another country to study for various reasons.
>>
Legit question why is a Eurocentric view of history being taught at European universities full of European students something that is considered bad?
>>
>>1936283
Well it explains why someone who wrote 19th century actually meant the 20th century if in native language, you always say the 1900s.
>>
>>1936289
Because Europeans should feel bad they were born into this world as Europeans.
>>
>>1936289
East and South Asian history is criminally undercovered, let me tell you.
>>
>>1936289
PC
>>
>>1935827
I'm glad I live in a third world shithole that mocks feminists.
>>
>>1936295
that person has still made a mistake. It works in the same way for other languages.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (59KB, 1000x400px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
59KB, 1000x400px
>>1935827
Post subject catalog or something.

Your story seems made up.
>>
>>1936308

No thanks m8y don't want to be doxxed
>>
File: bronobo.jpg (575KB, 998x661px) Image search: [Google]
bronobo.jpg
575KB, 998x661px
>>1936310
>>
>>1936300
That's just inverted Eurocentrism.
>>
File: thoughtfulgibbon.jpg (36KB, 314x267px) Image search: [Google]
thoughtfulgibbon.jpg
36KB, 314x267px
>>1936318
>>
Back at uni, my mate's (woman) lecturer said that wars should never be specially capitalised because doing so "glorifies warfare and the act of killing". Thus one should write first world war, second world war, American civil war, Vietnam war, and so on.

The funny thing is, he studied earth sciences, so I have no idea how the subject came up.
>>
>>1936212
You're just pulling shit out of your ass because you're triggered that the other anon finds some random people's understanding of history lacking.
>>
>>1936332
i agree with the lecturer, though it's an autistic detail

is your mate a (woman) or your lecturer that's the woman
>>
File: huh.jpg (14KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
14KB, 304x304px
>>1936310
>>1936322
>>
At uni right now, i don't know where you are, but here it's 60% guys and 80% teachers men. Always felt it was a more a guy thing, to be into history
>>
>>1936332
I think the holocaust, holodomor etc should never be capitalized so we don't glorify genocide.
>>
>>1936337
I am just sad that nobody cares about Canadian political history, and take it out on everyone else.
>>
>>1936342
ofc it is, OP is lying

he'd make it more believable if he used some obscure humanity instead of 'istree
>>
>>1936191
>>1936196
yea i meant 20th. I'm one of those people who always fucks up the 1900s = 20th thing
>>
File: prostitute_Gogh.jpg (135KB, 739x900px) Image search: [Google]
prostitute_Gogh.jpg
135KB, 739x900px
>>1936350
>I'm one of those people who always fucks up the 1900s = 20th thing
>>
>>1936343
What the fuck?!
Are you an antisemite?!
>>
>>1936346
Im Canadian and I dont care about it. Everything about this country is boring shit. Delete Canada.
>>
>>1936359
You're the reason Canadian history is boring.
>>
>>1936339
Should have made it clearer, the lecturer was a woman.
>>
>>1935942
>In the two minutes it took you to write that you didn't realize how useless that post is
>>
>>1936354
Man, you must be a real cunt to dyslexic people.
>>
>>1935827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WXNF6Vy07A
>>
History as science have appeared in 18 century and was under total control of states. Censorship was partly overpassed by Internet, but univercities are stupid propaganda offices without free discussions and some things like denial of holocaust are crime even now.
>>
>>1936271
>Why don't you morons check the course and the syllabus out before signing up? Do you pick your university by throwing darts or something?
No one should have to check the university for libtard bullshit and propaganda because libtard bullshit and propaganda should not be legitimately taught at a university.
>>1936285
>Doesn't answer why you're willingly going to a shit university and signing up for bullshit, especially in these days when the average student considers going to another country to study for various reasons.
See above
>>
>>1936276

What makes you think you should only study """"""""""important""""""""" events?
>>
>>1936346
New world history is barely interesting at all, regardless of region/cunt.
>>
sounds like a shit college mate. The course I'm taking on the reformation doesn't shit on either side or on religion in general and instead goes for an intellectual history on how the Reformation came to be. The few commies in the class know their place and discuss the topic at hand instead of butting in and saying why religion was a mistake.
>>
>>1936414

This video says it all
>>
>>1936450
>No one should have to check the university
Yes they do, that's why syllabuses were fucking invented.
>>
>Things that "totally did happen" by people who "are actually there"

Should've also posted a pic of a tumblr post
>>
>>1935904
>all history should be about le mentalite and the annalistes were the first and last word in historical scholarship. i like to generalize about what peasants thought based on cherry-picked literary excerpts and don't actually know why anything happened since events are for cucks.
ebin.
>>
>>1936301
in the english language and at universities that are taught in english? Yes. But do you think Chinese scholars at Chinese universities are just writing books on European history?
>>
>>1936118
>he believes that particular individuals don't have an enormous impact on the course of history.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say: no Napoleonic wars without Napoleon (French Rev wars definitely don't last until 1815), no German unification without Bismarck, no Hellenistic civilization without Alexander, no Commonwealth without Cromwell...
guess great men are kind of important after all.
>>
>>1936200
you need to know at least roughly when it was signed to understand why it was important and why it played the role it did. chronology matters
>>
>>1936485
>Yes they do
At non ITT Tech/internet uni teir universities? For SJW shit of all things?
>>
Judging by your posts you really need those classes opie.

>>1936320
No, what that is, is a strawman. No one ever said that.
>>
File: Capture.png (53KB, 688x301px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
53KB, 688x301px
>>1936348
>ofc it is, OP is lying
I posted these in:
This thread for the first one
>https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/579455/
And this thread for the second one.
>https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/327350/
These were actually talked about in both my archaeology and world history classes. This shits real.
>>
>>1935827
You must've gone to a really shitty uni OP. I've been to both the Uni in Amsterdam and Utrecht and the difference was staggering. Utrecht is fkn based though
>>
>>1935834

Those two things are directly related to the rest.
>>
File: 1452112862122.jpg (128KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452112862122.jpg
128KB, 960x960px
>>1935840
>>1935847
>>1935882
>>1935969
>>1936666
>>
>>1936109
Haha american education is going down the drain thanks to this nonsense...

>It's in the top 10 in the UK

shocked_meme_face.jpeg

what the fuck?! It's happening in UK too?
>>
>>1935827
>ITT: /r9k/ does history.
>>
>>1936527
I honestly would hope so. There's alot to learn from European history desu
>>
>>1935827
Not at all like that in history related subjects in law school, here it's just super boiled down with the professor trying as hard as he can to get his students to grasp that maps were different in the past
>>
>>1935827
>Postgraduate school.
>You can literally choose courses. Ideally based on its relevance on your thesis.
>OP goes out of his way to be offended joining courses on shit he doesnt like.
You're a class idiot, OP.
>>
>>1935827
How are you liking the year 1984 so far?
>>
lets be honest..

the quality of western education went to shit when we started letting women and blacks to participate in it

>waits to be told to go back to /pol
>>
>>1936814
give me a break you retarded fuck are you telling me females make better history professors then males?
>>
>>1936527
>do you think Chinese scholars at Chinese universities are just writing books on European history?
...Yes? Are you retarded?
>>
>>1937043
I mean, this is what a Maoist history lesson looks like in Asia:
http://www.bannedthought.net/India/PeoplesMarch/PM1999-2006/publications/mlm/contents.htm
>>
>>1937043
you may be the retarded one, my friend :^)

http://web5.pku.edu.cn/en/history/Centers/
http://web5.pku.edu.cn/en/history/Faculty/

so, yes they do study European history, but they also study Asian history, and especially Chinese history, extensively. Real shocker.
>>
>>1936477
Tbh I started a course called "The rise and the fall of two empires" focused on early colonization and that shit's interesting af
>>
>>1937008
I don't think you know how grad school in history works. I've never heard of someone only taking courses in their major field.
>>
I spent 2 semesters taking history majors. Every subject was whitewashed and only taught from one side of the story. I switched majors but kept reading history books on my own.

My professor was a "proud Christian" and tried teaching the class that slavery was because if the Arabs and before Islam slavery didn't exist. Made me so mad. Who the fuck is qualified to teach like that? But then again I go to a very shitty state college.
>>
File: 1469162778210.png (487KB, 638x652px) Image search: [Google]
1469162778210.png
487KB, 638x652px
>>1935827
>Be me
>try to major in history
>show up to class
>work we start doing is more along the lines of human interaction
>dont actually learn anything related to subject
>talk about our feelings, other peoples feelings, then how religions make people feel

Please, im begging you to kill me. Someone, im in literal tears as i post this, someone please tell me this isnt hapening everywhere
>>
>>1937130
It just so happens that early colonization is basically European history.
>>
>>1935827
>Is History fucked
Lad, we're all fucked after tonight.
>>
>>1937136
So you had to take one or two historiography classes that were required. Boo fucking hoo.

The rest was up you and you literally went out of your way to be offended.
>>
>>1937198
your fault for not listening :^)
>>
>>1935827
>>>over 50% of students female
>>over 75% of professors female
cuchy jobs are craved by everybody and women know where to get them.
>>
>>1937309
It's focused on the colonies themselves a lot. European history is much more interesting though, that is correct.
>>
>>1936343
Hololdomor
t. not even a commieboo just not falling for the bullshit
>>
>>1935827
I had some history professors in University but she was a based old lady. I don't remember her bringing up women everything she could have.
>>
>>1935827
That is exactly why we need Trump
>>
>>1938202
It helps they have more history and have been established ethnic groups and countries for centuries.
>>
>>1935827
Go to a different uni. Don't let these shits be the only ones recording history.
>>
File: GLORIA EST.png (1MB, 1434x640px) Image search: [Google]
GLORIA EST.png
1MB, 1434x640px
>>1935827
>>
>>1935827

The problem is that the humanities is all about issues of identity now. There are so many Centers for [Insert Small Minority Group Here] nowadays. Walter Benn Michaels and Adolph Reed have talked a lot about this issue.

In my Ivy League Ph.D. program, it's closer to 100%. No one really talks about how males are underrepresented in the humanities.
>>
Believe it or not, OP, history isn't about regurgitating the same facts over and over again. If you want to go learn about historical facts boot up google or read a book. History at a tertiary level is about discussion and the insights gained from learning about new facets of previous societies.

For many years history was dominated by military history which has increasingly been moving into social, sexual and political history. This is a good thing, there's only so many times you can learn about the Battle of Cannae or the many uses of a battle axe before governments pull your funding for doing nothing all year.

Not to mention, it's also pretty interesting to find out things about past people which have never been found before or neglected.

Everything in history is worth learning and nothing should be ignored.

As I said, it sounds like you want some high school course where they just shove some dates and names in your face and then move on. If you can't hack having to actually invest some critical thinking into history then just drop out.
>>
>>1936814
you clearly do not understand the concept of the meme you just posted
>>
Dont study gender studies then
>>
I like to just sit back and watch anglo unis go to shit. It seems to be the trend, if i am to believe all these stories.
>>
>>1935827

welcome to the ocean
>>
File: 1469766377838.png (297KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1469766377838.png
297KB, 600x750px
>>1935991
>>
>>1935902
This.

Additionally: Male students are minorities in many humanities departments because young men are encouraged to go STEM. Women prefer humanities. I don't see this changing when, despite rhetoric about equality, people still expect men to be practicality-oriented and women to be society-oriented. It's a gendered division of labor and interests and has been for decades. The more people view university as compulsory, the more regular people will attend and the more obvious social expectations of gender will be.
>>
>>1936058
underrated post
>>
>>1936109
Guarantee you're at Warwick, mate.
>>
Total bait thread.

There's no country where history is dominated by women. Men dominate history with 90% of students and professors everywhere. Women dominate archeology however.
>>
File: 1447468784374.jpg (122KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1447468784374.jpg
122KB, 1024x1024px
>>1936109
>For example in the last seminar Elizabeth I was torn down in every way imaginable; all of her portraits were propaganda, all of her speeches fabrications, her public image was a facade. At the end of this line of thought there is no Elizabeth left, no Gloriana, no Sceptre'd Isle; just an empty husk. The divine light of truth and beauty which should shine from those times is completely distinguished and covered with cold dry HISTORY.

Holy shit, if you're gonna quit any discipline that doesn't just affirm 19th century fairy tales, why not skip the trial and error and go directly into economics.
>>
>>1936109

That's what studying history is, retard. Any moron can open a book and learn dates and places, you're a fool if you think high-end history discussions are just going to be circle jerking the same set of facts. Why didn't you argue your point to the professor? You make it out to be bullshit, so why didn't you call the professor out with a decent thesis?

You're a mongoloid
>>
>>1936109
Next you're going to start complaining about the fact that King Arthur is not portrayed as some super honorable knight, and that even if he existed he was most likely some Briton warlord.
>>
>>1937129
It's in no way shocking. Eurocentric deliberation grows obstructive when you're trying to go in-depth with things like African history. While most sources can be from Europe, there are also Arab accounts and you need to try empathize with Africans to determine their continental relations, much like with European peoples.
>>
>>1935827
>I read Carlyle

There's your problem, OP
>>
>>1940403
Yeah, Great Man history ain't exactly accepted anymore.
>>
>>1936343
>Holodomor
Wasn't there a Canadian guy that absolutely BTFO'd the idea it was intentionally starvation? Lmao stay mad Poockranians, USSR was good for you.
>>
>>1940475
Was a natural disaster involved enough to remover 20 million ukranians? No

Then you can totally sue stalin
>>
>>1940412

Carlyle didn't believe in the "Great Man" theory of history. He was more interested in mythology as an alternative to the Enlightenment conception of history as simply a series of events that could be explained scientifically.
>>
>>1936109

Studying history isn't about jerking yourself off over cool stories. Just quit now, you got into it for the wrong reasons.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.