[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Optimates or Populares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 15.jpg (89KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
89KB, 960x720px
Which one are you /his/?
>>
Populares
>>
Optimates
>>
The Populares are clearly the best faction for the most people, but I just prefer the Optimates.
>>
Whoever can get me the purple toga.
>>
Optimates.
>>
Optimates.

Populares is literally for plebs
>>
>>1935693
>Trump vs Clinton
>>
Depends.

Am I a pleb or a patrician?
>>
>>1935693
The Populares
>>
>>1935693
Optimates. Leftist populares ruined the Roman Empire
>>
>>1935693
That's Galen not Sulla, you pillock.
>>
>>1935693
Populares
>>
>>1935693
SPARTACUS
>>
Sulla is the greatest man in history
>>
Would Caesar support Trump?
>>
>>1935908
>Leftist populares ruined the Roman Empire
They established the Empire retard.
>>
>>1937215
Caesar would be a communist.
>>
>>1937215

I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.
>>
>>1937215
Caesar would found his own legion in Arizona.
>>
>>1937215
Caesar is for Caesar, and Caesar is Rome.
>>
Populares.

>>1937237
fascist*
>>
>>1937265
Caesar was a leftist.
>>
>>1937215
Caesar would raise an army and illegally march it across the potomac
>>
>>1935693
Populares, like my homeboy Caesar.
>>
>>1937268
so was hitler
>>
Optimates pre-Marian reform, Populares post-Marian.
>>
>>1935693
Can we have both, but select which one is in control at set time intervals that would be decided by a representative or popular vote?
>>
>>1935693

why were Optimates so oblivious to the urging need of the popular reforms to happen in order to mantain stability and power?
>>
Optimates
>>
>>1935693
Both are outdated, though I'm sure it's more that the oversimplified definitions are outdated.
The more diversified support you have as a politician, the harder you are to attack politically. I am sure Caesar had plenty of very wealthy supporters as well as Sulla having plenty of supporters who were not as well off.
>>
>>1935693
Completely circumstantial, but usually optimates. voted trump tho
>>
>>1939112
>popular vote
Then populares would never lose
>>
>>1935693
As an egoist, and a common citizen, probably the populares. What's good for the patrician, and supposedly good for the republic, may not be good for me. I'm not spooked into being a collectivist and supporting the state simply because it is the state. I would only support the Optimates I actually benefited from their success and it somehow trickled down to me.
>>
>>1935693
Caesar was a man for his times, you need a Populare when the Patricians depart from their duty, in which case they actually cease to be patricians. For instance, when they operate in politics to benefit themselves with neglect to how this affects their nation and people.

In such times, the plebs have more virtue than the proposed "elite".
>>
Any books/sites detailing the Romans government system?
>>
>>1935693
Optimates
>>
File: 1471083743380.jpg (17KB, 200x274px) Image search: [Google]
1471083743380.jpg
17KB, 200x274px
>>1939915
[spoiler]Pax Romana my friend[/spoiler]
>>
>>1935693
At heart? A Populate. But I see what is happening to this country. The loss of social values, the show bullshit.

This protest is only affirming my belief that the plebs can't always control themselves. Glad I voted Trump.
>>
>>1935693
Populares

DEBT REFORM NOW, REDISTRIBUTE LAND, UNSKEW THE SENATE
>>
>>1940089
Populare*

Sjw**
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.