[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dan Carlin Hardcore History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hardgorer.jpg (44KB, 489x509px) Image search: [Google]
hardgorer.jpg
44KB, 489x509px
Is this the best history content in audio form ever?

Why is he so good?
>>
>>1932643
>no one knows Carlin
He's the only true friend of history ya dips
>>
File: 1478116572181.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1478116572181.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
>>1932643
Anyone knows were i can "get" the latest episodes of HH?
TPB doens't have them
>>
>>1933229
DESU+whatever he gives for free in his site

Idk about other places.
>>
People that have been telling stories on radio for decades tend to be good at it
>>
>>1932643
I quite enjoy his shows. He goes to great lengths to always remind everyone that his content should not be seen as a substitute to a proper history education, and he has a way of narrating events that makes you invested in them even though you know how they're going to end.

Just finished listening to his series on the Eastern Front of WWII. Probably one of my favorite shows by him.
>>
>>1933229
TPB should have everything up until the last few shows which are available for free on the site, no?
>>
>>1932643
FFS you can get lectures by actual historians on Youtube now.
>>
>>1933281
Do recommend me some good ones Anon, I'm always interested in having more of this sort of content
>>
>>1933281
Not worth it IMO.
If you hear couple of his multi-how shows and compare it to actual historians, you'll ditch the latter.

Carlin is simply far more enjoyable and because of that, it sticks to your memory even better and creates interest that makes you want to seach on your own which creates a feedback loop of greater understanding of history.
>>
>>1933287
Oh, if you're actually interested, here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUSAHEC/videos
This place is great. I worked there for a few months. Obviously it's got a huge bias towards american military history. Though it's got some great videos on the Soviet War against the Germans.

This is admitedly the only channel I've found that's like well organized, but you can pretty much type in "History college lecture" or "History PHD lecture" and get stuff, and fall into endless fun things through the sidebar.

>>1933300
Yeah, I'm totally sure that it improves your understanding of history right after telling me that it'll make you ditch legitimate research outlets.
>>
>>1933339
Many thanks Anon, I'll be sure to check it as well
>>
>>1933339
Learn to take the hyperboly like a man.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.