[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Ruining" Children and innocence.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1462465576834.png (607KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462465576834.png
607KB, 900x900px
What do you think of the concept of innocence? Is it acceptable to lie or hide information from your child to "protect" innocence?
Why?
>>
>>1931925
Isn't the fact that dysfunctional people raise more dysfunctional people (compared to functional people) proof enough?
>>
>>1931925
Children shouldn't be traumatized. That comes later, when they grow up.
>>
>>1931925
Are we talking "Santa is real"-tier lies, or "starving thai hookers don't exist, there's no suffering in the world"-tier lies?
Your sarcastic quotes tell me you already have an opinion, though, so why make this thread?
>>
>>1931925
What information? Like where babies come from? I dont see point of hiding that.
>>
>>1931928
Isnt lying neglectful?
>>
>>1931939
dude what kind of reading comp are you on
>>
>>1931936
Both.
>>
>>1931942
5, maybe 6 levels of incomprehension
>>
I'd rear a child prepared for the world, I wouldn't try to wrap hide too much from them because they'd be easily manipulated and deceived being so naive.
They'd know everything by about 10.
>>
File: fa.jpg (342KB, 1170x1086px) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
342KB, 1170x1086px
>>1931925
It depends on what situation they are living in. If you are poor, starving, and living on the streets in India you might want to drop some truth bombs on your kids so they could survive.
But if you are living with an amount of security small white lies like Santa and the Easter bunny are fine. It gives them some fond memories to look back on. There is a difference between telling your kid that things die and allowing them to watch cartels flay people alive.
I think people take it too far in recent times. There nothing wrong with taking your kids hunting/shooting ect. Teaching them how to survive isn't going to give them PTSD.
>>
>>1931925
Innocence and ignorance are two completely different things that people seem to get confused a lot.

Children should not be kept ignorant, knowledge does not obliterate innocence, experience obliterates innocence, and experience is inevitable unless you lock your child in their room all day.

Children could be well-informed about anything they have the ability to comprehend (which isn't much, honestly), and I don't think that has any effect on innocence which is simply lost over time naturally as children gain more first-hand experience in the world. Obviously all people should try to avoid bad experiences, nobody wants to experience such things, not even adults, it harms development especially at early ages, but it is not only bad experience that destroys innocence, all experience destroys it.

Anyone who lives long enough loses their innocence, even dumb, uninformed and ignorant people, innocence can not be realistically preserved.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.