[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of my ranger bros know how to make a bow? Like if you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1478379542592.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1478379542592.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
Do any of my ranger bros know how to make a bow?

Like if you travelled back in time hundreds of years ago, where would you begin to make a bow as close to modern as possible?

I've always wondered about this. I figure that bows would be the only rational go-to weapon that any time-traveling castaway would try to make.
>>
Did google or YouTube ban you from their services?
>>
>>1929312
Is this a really bad attempt at a meme?
>>
>>1929296
a modified tree branch will do just fine, except if you want to conquer Asia
>>
>>1929334
I was mainly referring to the string.

How on earth do you manufacture a bow that can deliver an arrow at killing speeds with a 30 lb draw without modern technology. What do you use? In the last thread, someone said the pull for an old bow would be like 120 lbs.
>>
>>1929330
>>1929423
Use google or YouTube you fucking fagget
>>
>>1929423
some kind of animal gut used to make a fiber i think. mainly the power of a bow is in the wood, the string just needs to be strong enough not to snap
>>
https://youtu.be/SLoukoBs8TE
>>
>>1929423
the string is actually the easy part
>>
>>1929559
Thanks broski
>>
>>1929423
You know that you can use a pocket knife to make a rudimentary bow out of pretty much anything, right? All you have to do is overbuild it. It'll be an inefficient, uncomfortable piece of shit that will probably break in short order, but it'll still kill shit just fine if you can make arrows that will work with it - and that's not very hard either.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.