[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Sisyphus just let the boulder go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Sisyphus-Image-01C.jpg (86KB, 681x337px) Image search: [Google]
Sisyphus-Image-01C.jpg
86KB, 681x337px
Why didn't Sisyphus just let the boulder go?
>>
>>1928252
He understood what it was like to live with a purpose. Pushing the boulder was his purpose. Without it, he would be lost.
>>
File: fingerless-gloves-fedora.png (117KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
fingerless-gloves-fedora.png
117KB, 320x263px
Because he was living in an puerile fairy tale
>>
>>1928252
It is a metaphor for existence. To stop trying would destroy Sisyphus, which he evidently deemed a fate worse than existing in misery. To an external observer, both states are lamentable; trying and making no real headway, trapped forever between the precipice of true death and a life as static and unchanging as death.
>>
>>1928252
Natty shoulder gains
>>
Backbreaking labour > Eternity of boredom
>>
The rock doesn't actually roll down the hill. The rock is in nearly zero gravity, and life becomes easier when its near the top magically.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>1928395
>>1929048
this
>>
>>1928395

OHP for high reps at heavy weight should be nicknamed the Sisyphus Press.
>>
i dont understand this myth. was he cursed with rolling the boulder against his will? was he trapped in a body with no autonomy that would roll the boulder up the hill? or was he enchanted into believing that he would one day get the boulder to stay in place? what did he think whenever he saw the boulder roll down again?

>please fucking kill me release me from my suffering

or

>no problem! i'll just try again

or was it a punishable-by-death thing? would zeus strike him down if he stopped rolling the boulder uphill?
>>
>>1929146

Sisyphus was bound in Tartarus by the gods and was told that he would gain his freedom once he was able to roll the rock up the hill and over the other side. Sisyphus would always tire before he rolled the rock to the top of the hill, and so every morning he had to start anew.

It's not that he is cursed for eternity, its just that he is immortal and has been given a seemingly impossible task. The myth just says that Sisyphus has not yet accomplished the task, but doesn't say that he never will.

Sisyphus does not give up and keeps trying. He was arrogant and deceitful, and the gods are not punishing him so much as teaching him a lesson in humility, determination, and hope.
>>
>>1928252
he browsed /fit/ and read that bruce lee story
>>
>>1929999
kek
>>
>>1929983
Please anon, these are the gods that cursed medusa to be a hideous gorgon because Athena fucking uncle Poseidon raped her.

They're petty and vengeful.
>>
>>1928252
2d flatworld my bro
>>
>>1928252
Because he got it
>>
>>1928264
fpbp
>>
>>1928268
I know this is ironic but somewhere out there a redditor has posted this
>>
hahahahaha how is boulder real man like just let it go nigga just walk away.
>>
File: frodo.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214KB, 400x399px
Why didn't Jason just fly one of Boreas' sons to Colchis?
>>
File: 1464747693548.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464747693548.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>1929048
>the chad's dilemma
>>
>>1929999
Tell me about this story anon, im intrigued
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.