[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did German citizens and German Jews react to each others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: joo.jpg (67KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
joo.jpg
67KB, 600x400px
How did German citizens and German Jews react to each others presence after they moved back to Germany circa 1946/47?

Was the whole thing really awkward, given that their neighbours had essentially sent them to death? Or did they just try to gloss over everything?
>>
I'd like to know this too
>>
>>1927257
dude no hard feelings right lmao
>>
>>1927279
>normies: not even once
>>
>>1927257
Most of them didn't go back to their homes, they largely went to DP camps until they could go to Israel or North America.

In East Germany, most of the Jews who remained were leftists/communists who were active in the movements prior to Nazi rise to power. They were largely just cultural Jews or Jews by birth with no connection to their religion and went on to collaborate with the Russians.

In West Germany, they largely just kept to themselves.
>>
>>1927340
>>
File: yea sorry.png (17KB, 188x389px) Image search: [Google]
yea sorry.png
17KB, 188x389px
>>1927279
>>
>>1927257

>Eh, nothing personal kid
>>
>>1927257
Most Jews didn't and couldn't go back.

Many couldn't stand that they would know German and would display symptoms of anxiety upon hearing German language.

Those that did go back either went to the east because they were commies like >>1927340
said or kept to themselves and hated some of their old neighbors.

There were cases of many Germans not in Germany trying to be very nice to recently liberated camp victims, probably to try and get someone that could testify on their behalf before they were expelled to Germany proper.
>>
>>1927279

just a joke bro
>>
Its just a prank lamo
>>
>>1927257
How do you think they reacted?

Government soldiers show up one day with guns rounding up people and sending them off to the unknown, what do you think would have happened if they reacted poorly when they saw this?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.