[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (9KB, 169x298px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 169x298px
Is this the right place to talk about religion or should I go back to /pol/?
>>
>>1927218
Yeah, religion falls under humanities. I would appreciate it if you could actually discuss religion and not post shitty threads with loaded questions like 'Why are atheists such faggots?', 'Why is paganism so much better than Christianity?', 'Why are muslims so evil?' and so on.
>>
>>1927229
No worries, just had a few questions and the guys on /pol/ are too busy with other shit right now.

I recently read something about how the Israeli Jews worshiped 2 other gods besides Yahweh, one of them being Moloch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Moloch a Canaanite god who was considered an idol and shouldn't be worshiped by the Hebrews?
>>
>>1927218
The bible says Solomon adopted the gods of his (many wives) and when the kingdom split into northern and southern kingdoms of Israel and Judea, the northern kingdom (Israel) was much more polytheistic and closer to its Canaanite roots than Judea. The Yahwist priests of Judea were the ones who wrote the bible so we'll never know the whole truth about child sacrifices, etc., safe through their distorted angle.
>>
>>1927269
A few more questions; regarding the origins of Ashkenazi Jews. I've heard that King Bulan from the Kingdom of Khazaria converted to Judaism, and later claimed that they are the missing tribe of Israel or something. Are there any documents or texts to back this? I haven't found anything to actually back this besides the rulers who came after bearing Hebrew names.
>>
>>1927243
This is definitely the right place for this type of thread. You will get some shitposters, (christcucks, jewhaters, fedoras and general shitposters) but ignore them.

I'm not an expert but it's probably because the Hebrews existed for hundreds of years and their religion adapted with them. From simple polytheism to henotheism to a full blown monotheistic system with advanced theology.

so in memetext
>We worship YHWH, Moloch and friends
>Actually we only worship YHWH because Moloch and friends are faggots and brobably Phoenicians too :DDD
>Actually Moloch and friends don't exist and if you pray to them you're committing blasphemy
>actually if you anything looks like it could be a god then it's blasphemy

and a few thousand years later you have muslims blowing up priceless history.
>>
>>1927308
>>1927269
Do you guys know which religious texts would have more on the worship of Baal and Moloch? Preferably something that has an English translation I can buy online.
>>
>>1927307
Not documents, but genetic studies show that Ashkenazi Jews descend from Greek and Persian converts.

>90 percent of Ashkenazi Jews descend from the Greeks, Iranians and others who colonised northern Anatolia (now northern Turkey) more than 2,000 years ago before converting to Judaism.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/most-jews-descended-ancient-turkey-new-study-2107639949
>>
>>1927308
>Actually we only worship YHWH because Moloch and friends are faggots and brobably Phoenicians too :DDD
>Actually Moloch and friends don't exist and if you pray to them you're committing blasphemy
>actually if you anything looks like it could be a god then it's blasphemy
>and a few thousand years later you have muslims blowing up priceless history.

>>1927336
I do.

There are actually historical and scriptural implications of Hebrew systems interfacing with Moloch. The first thing we need to know is that there was an altar to Moloch at Mt. Hermon. This is ripe with implication because Mt. Hermon was the place in the old Books of Enoch that Semyaza and Azazel and the other seditious watchers settled to create the race of Elioud.

In Aryeh Kaplan's translation of the Sefer Yetizrah, he makes the bold assertion that Gia ben Hinom (Gehenna) was also the site of Moloch sacrifices, by fire, in veneration of Teli as the Pole-Serpent or the constellation Draco, but Aryeh offers a few takes on what Teli and Galgal actually are, most of them boiling down to astrotheology in the end.
>>
>>1927386
That's chapter 6 of Kaplan's Sefer Yetzirah, btw.

Also pardon on the reference to Moloch at Hermon, it was Baal Hadad, but you're asking about that anyhow.

https://books.google.com/books?id=IA-YlZqHv90C&pg=PA311#v=onepage&q&f=false

https://books.google.com/books/about/1_Enoch_Chapters_1_36_81_108.html?id=RWkKAQAAMAAJ

I still think it's significant, as there appears to be considerable confusion in what the Orthodoxy considered to be paganism and how it was interpreted.
>>
>>1927408
Thank you very much, I'll definitely look into these.
>>
Anyone know any texts on Kek and the Ogdoad religion?
>>
>>1927428
We don't actually have a whole fuck of a lot.

George Hart The Routledge Dictionary Of Egyptian Gods And Goddesses,
Gods and Men in Egypt: 3.000 BCE to 395 CE,
Religion in Ancient Egypt: Gods, Myths, and Personal Practice
https://henadology.wordpress.com/theology/netjeru/hermopolitan-ogdoad/
Budge, E Wallis (1904) The Gods of the Egyptians
Goodenough, Simon (1997) Egyptian Mythology
Pinch, Geraldine (2002) Handbook Egyptian Mythology
Watterson, Barbara (1996) Gods of Ancient Egypt
Wilkinson, Richard H. (2003) The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt
Wilson, Hilary (1997) People of the Pharaohs
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.