[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Separation is an illusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1478209509973.jpg (62KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478209509973.jpg
62KB, 577x1024px
Explain how separation isn't an illusion if:

>You have been unilaterally dragged into existence
>You have been created independently by 'other' entities

How are you separate from anything in consciousness, matter - if this is true

I've taken too much LSD and I just can't shake this anymore, how the fuck does anyone explain this

It's either a complete delusion on my part
or "we" are just the universe experiencing itself
>>
GO easy lads this is my first rodeo
>>
>>1919372
What if you aren't?
>>
>>1919390
aren't what lad
>>
>>1919372
Wtf are you on about Op

Do you mean you aren't experiencing your own consciousness but some greater void, connected to everything.
Because that's just a side effect of LSD.
Just wait for max a month, it will fade.
>>
File: pepermint (2).jpg (45KB, 420x420px)
pepermint (2).jpg
45KB, 420x420px
Why should I explain this to you, if you aren't separate from me?
>>
>>1919446

great argument, but what I am getting at is we're all made from the same playdough, and at the end of the day when we die we will just get recycled again, so we're technically separate right now but will never be in the grand picture, (I) am trapped here, with you (me) forever because when I die my matter will eventually be re-used
>>
>>1919412
Considering the fact that it takes two people to produce 1, and you can't be two people (unless you are mentally ill), you're a separate entity. Maybe before and just after you are born you are an extension of your parents, but just as you start to experience new things them form you into your own self. The fact that you have been dragged into existence against your will is true, but it's not like you do not have free will and thus you are free to end it if you so please.

And I don't even know where "the universe experiencing itself" came into the equation. It's quite possible that's how it is but that's not in any way detrimental, is it?

You are yourself and forever in flux. One could say that the you that existed last night is dead and the you that exists now is permanent. You may not be unique but you will always be yourself.
>>
>>1919468
So you think that your consiousness is connected to the matter of your body, and when you die you'll become the consious being that is made from the matter of your old body?
>>
>>1919476
Simple way around that is just claim self to be the illusion, that shouldn't be that hard to do, anyway.
>>
>>1919476
>you grow into yourself
As a result of your environment aka the universe
>>
File: adi shankara2.jpg (65KB, 480x630px) Image search: [Google]
adi shankara2.jpg
65KB, 480x630px
>>1919372
>mfw aspects of the supreme universal truth think they are separate from my dick.
>>
we are as separate as two similar stones are separate from one another. make of it what you will, consciousness and intelligence are a product of nature, it is not ours as much as we are it, we are made of different natural qualities and consciousness seems to be the most unique but it's all a part of natural processes, the possibility of another organism developing what we call "the human self" is very real, so yes from a certain perspective we are very much one, as the only thing that exists is nature.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.