[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Franco-Ottoman alliance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: 800px-Francois_I_Suleiman.jpg (91KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Francois_I_Suleiman.jpg
91KB, 800x480px
how the fuck does this even happens?
>>
>>1916164
Few friends, and common enemies.
>>
>>1916164
Because he has an asshole on the top of his head and just poos and poos and poos but refuses to change his head nappy
>>
>>1916164
The enemy of my enemy is my friend
>>
>>1916164
Francis I was captured by the Spanish in this battle and got desperate so he asked for help from Ottomans, which they helped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Pavia

>Another early account of a European encounter with yogurt occurs in French clinical history: Francis I suffered from a severe diarrhea which no French doctor could cure. His ally Suleiman the Magnificent sent a doctor, who allegedly cured the patient with yogurt. Being grateful, the French king spread around the information about the food which had cured him.
>>
>>1916164
Money and power transcends religion everytime.

England and the Dutch republic had good relations with them too.
>>
>no t*rkfag posts in days
>suddenly all these ottoman/turkey threads
is he working a new angle?
>>
>>1916164
So they could hit the Habsburgs from both sides and use each others ports for re-supply.
>>
File: sbane.jpg (73KB, 523x400px) Image search: [Google]
sbane.jpg
73KB, 523x400px
>>1916164
>how the fuck does this even happens?

France was surrounded by an hostile empire and allied the only guys willing to fight them
>>
Not weirder than the pope asking for help against the French,
>>
>>1916246
I'm surprised they didn't invade through the Alsazts or Southern Netherlands. Why do through Italy?
>>
>>1916164
>arabs allying with other arabs
so what?
>>
Fuck the Habsburgs
>>
>>1916286
Because at the time Italy was where real power and wealth was. Italy had everything. The greatest mind, artists, writers, poets, bankers, architects, traders, even military leaders. The Holy Roman emperors considered their German possessions a lot less valuable than what they had in Italy.
>>
>>1916323
How fortunes change eh?
>>
the eternal frogs
>>
>Friendship ended with Spain. Now Ottoman is best friend.
>>
File: 1446378189328.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1446378189328.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>1916294
>turks
>arabs
>>
>>1916164
>Europe is against French
>French ally with Europe's ennemy
>>
>>1916164
The Habsburgs, the Poles, and the Papacy tried to ally with Safavid Persia against the Ottomans several times, but communication was much harder since you couldn't just go there by ship. So envoys took several years to travel and would often arrive after the supposed coordinated war effort already took place or the ruler who was receiving it died.

Also, interestingly, the alliance ended with Napoleon's campaign in Egypt, which was aimed, among others, at sending help for Tipu Sultan in India against the British. Tipu Sultan was of course a Muslim ruler as well.
>>
>>1919210
>implying anyone cares about the difference
nice try, mehmet.
>>
>>1916164
Because they were up against Charles, by the grace of God, Holy Roman Emperor, forever August, King of Germany, King of Italy, King of all Spains, of Castile, Aragon, León, of Hungary, of Dalmatia, of Croatia, Navarra, Grenada, Toledo, Valencia, Galicia, Majorca, Sevilla, Cordova, Murcia, Jaén, Algarves, Algeciras, Gibraltar, the Canary Islands, King of Two Sicilies, of Sardinia, Corsica, King of Jerusalem, King of the Western and Eastern Indies, of the Islands and Mainland of the Ocean Sea, Archduke of Austria, Duke of Burgundy, Brabant, Lorraine, Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Limburg, Luxembourg, Gelderland, Neopatria, Württemberg, Landgrave of Alsace, Prince of Swabia, Asturia and Catalonia, Count of Flanders, Habsburg, Tyrol, Gorizia, Barcelona, Artois, Burgundy Palatine, Hainaut, Holland, Seeland, Ferrette, Kyburg, Namur, Roussillon, Cerdagne, Drenthe, Zutphen, Margrave of the Holy Roman Empire, Burgau, Oristano and Gociano, Lord of Frisia, the Wendish March, Pordenone, Biscay, Molin, Salins, Tripoli and Mechelen.

You know, places that surrounded France and took most of Western European territory.
>>
File: 1467172072513.jpg (96KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1467172072513.jpg
96KB, 501x585px
>>1916164
French have always been greedy, cowardly little shits, willing to work with devil if it meant they could something out of it
>>
File: 1471968111573.jpg (469KB, 1056x674px) Image search: [Google]
1471968111573.jpg
469KB, 1056x674px
What would you do if this was your enemy?
>>
>>1919747
Maya were never an empire, and some of those Indians never even fought the Spaniards during his reign or ever.
>>
>>1918333
>>1919727

>hurr how dare they try to protect themselves in a dangerous situation >>1916246
>>
>>1919805
>Willing to trade Europe

Funny how Germany gets the blame for ruining Europe all the time
>>
>>1916164
To piss off charles V
>>
>>1919818
They always had a love affair with the Muslims so they can have them now. They already betrayed Christian europe to the Ottomans and
so they are basically going to hell and good riddance.
>>
>>1919818
>>1919846

>muh yurop
>muh christendom

none of that shit matters
>>
>Allied with abassids
>Tried to ally the mongols
>Allied with the turks
>Allied with the protestants
Good job France
>>
>>1919963
>abassids were THE super power at the time
>mongols would rape Europe of ogedei didnt die at the wrong time
>t*rks were THE super power at the time
>allied the protestants to fuck over the habsburgs

wew lad

sho sho kraut
>>
>>1916164
they were both on opposite sides of the antipope/proddy germanic memepire, same reason we allied with the commies in ww2
>>
>>1919295
>Ferdinand and Charles were forced to conclude a humiliating five-year treaty with Suleiman. Ferdinand renounced his claim to the Kingdom of Hungary and was forced to pay a fixed yearly sum to the Sultan for the Hungarian lands he continued to control. Of more symbolic importance, the treaty referred to Charles V not as 'Emperor' but as the 'King of Spain', leading Suleiman to identify as the true 'Caesar'.

TURKED
>>
>>1920939
huehue
>>
>>1916164
Charles V and the rise of the Spanish Empire. He try to stop Spain before they rise and he fail.
>>
>>1920939
source
>>
>>1916164

Brachycephalic brotherhood.
>>
Europe always tried to fuck us (and failed miserably btw, even when they formed coalitions), so we eventually asked for the turkbros to help us.
>>
>>1918333
No matter how hard anglos try, the word "eternal" will only ever be associated with one country, the most perfidious
>>
>>1919865
Then what matters, cucko?
>>
>>1923388
The state.
The king.
You fucking ingrate.
>>
>>1923088

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Constantinople_(1533)

>Ferdinand was to be considered as the King of Germany, and Charles V as the King of Spain, and they were equal to the Grand Vizier of Ottoman Empire. Moreover, they were banned to count anyone as 'Emperor' except the Ottoman Emperor.
>>
I always thought that Catholic Cardinal Richelieu allying with Protestants against Catholic Spain was even worse than the alliance with the Turks.
>>
>>1919963
Allied with the Scots, too.
>>
>>1916196
wow, yoghurt contains gut flora that indeed might have helped displace a harmful pathogen responsible or at least aided recovery

suleiman sounds like a pretty nice guy, 10/10 would ally
>>
>>1919963
Knowing that they fractured the Muslim advance into Europe at Poitiers single-handledly, I'd have that they have free-range for aligning themselves with Muslims then and now to serve their cause.

Also, I bid you good luck in finding me a single European country that hasn't been up to sketchy alliances with Muslims whenever it furthered their own gain.
>>
>>1923928
>suleiman sounds like a pretty nice guy, 10/10 would ally
There is even a statue of him in the Capitol
>>
>>1916164

And England, Sweden and Holland also reknownly allied (more like begged for help in the case of Eng and Hol) with the T*rks to fight together against other christians. It's always happened, yet people still gets mistified by it, because in their own little heads and peculiar worldview christians and muslims are in opposite sides since ever and forever.

In fact, I think every european country has at some point allied with muslims because reasons. Look at Murica nowadays f.i. Yet ameriposters talk as if they were not in bed with Jamal and Hassan.
>>
>>1919295
>King of Jerusalem
>>
>>1919963
>>Allied with abassids
Never happened
>>Tried to ally the mongols
The mongols were pro christians and wanted to convert to Catholicism.

>>Allied with the turks
Already answered

>>Allied with the protestants
Everyone did it
>>
>>1923358

Israel?
>>
>>1925889
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbasid%E2%80%93Carolingian_alliance

they sent white elepehants and everything
>>
>>1925927
Simple Definition of alliance
: a union between people, groups, countries, etc. : a relationship in which people agree to work together
: the state of being joined in some activity or effort : the state of being allied
: a group of people, countries, etc., that are joined together in some activity or effort

>sending gift between each others
>allying

And Harun Al Rashid was homosexual and drank wine, he wasn't really muslims.
>>
>>1916164
Surrounded by Habsburgers and England was a prick, it was kinda inevitable.
>>1918340
kek
>>
>>1925939
> formed during the 8th to 9th century through a series of embassies, rapprochements and combined military operations between the Frankish Carolingian Empire and the Abbasid Caliphate and pro-Abbasid rulers in Al Andalus
>>
> Ctr-f
> no mention of balance of powers

jfc you guys.
>>
>>1926793
>

The goal was to reconquer a christian land, and again Harun al rashiid wasn't muslim;
>>
>>1926800

No one on /his/ has a clue about IR theory and can't seem to fathom that statesmen don't really care about religion when allying themselves with another country. To do so would be irresponsible.
>>
why does he wear the hat, /his/?
>>
>>1927041
it's a big onion
>>
>>1916164
Because pragmatic interest is what guides politics, not ideology or morality.
Those kings and their advisors
France also financed and supported the protestants during the 30 years wars against the Habsburgs while at the same time they slaughtered the protestants within their own borders.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.