[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell convinced them to go through with this? I mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 3095632_declaration-2-copy[1].jpg (2MB, 2976x1969px) Image search: [Google]
3095632_declaration-2-copy[1].jpg
2MB, 2976x1969px
What the hell convinced them to go through with this? I mean sure it worked out looking back to it, but what about at the time?

Rebelling against the British Empire seems like it would have been suicide. People like Washington and Madison and Franklin are celebrated now, but it was highly likely that their rebellion would've been put down, they would be hanged, and their names never mentioned again outside of a blurb on "those guys that tried to rebel once"

It just seems like an enormous risk with a very low chance of succeeding. I'm not asking how or why they actually succeeded, but rather, why they thought this was a good idea in the first place.

I would've hopped on the next ship to England instead of hanging around with these crazies.
>>
NO TAXATION
>>
WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
>>
The founding fathers were the upper class of the colonies and they wanted the wealth the colonies produced. Invited the people to fight for freedom and boom
>>
>>1915102
They were noblemen who were being cucked by other noblemen in the empire, so they decided to go to war and recruited some peasants to join in.
>>
>>1915137
your classic revolt of the barons theme so typical for the anglo history.
>>
>>1915102
You need to remember the following things:

>The original aim was independant governing and representation in parliament, not full British seperation
>This can be achieved through kicking up a fuss, if you get enough to rally, it'll pass to prevent further anger
>It developed into a full blown war as time went on
>Britain had the logistics issue. It took 8 months to reach the Colonies
>France and Spain entered, and Britain had lost.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.