[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can ideologues make friends with non-ideologues?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

I don't understand it.

Could someone /pol/ be friends with a minority, or platonically with a girl?

Could a feminist be friends with a playboy?

Could a hardline Republican conservative be friends with transgenders?

Could devout Abrahamic practitioners be friends with libertines?

My social group has fallen apart because members had disagreements over the presidential election
>>
I'm a social democratic feminist and one of my friends is a white nationalist. Hell, in highschool I was a typical antitheist atheist and one of my best friends was a Jehovah's Witness. It's certainly possible but you need to have a basic level of politeness and respect independent of ideology. Also, patience.
>>
I didn't know it was possible to make friends period.
>>
Pure ideology
>>
>>1914055
>Social Democratic Feminist
So you're a SJW kike?
>>
>>1914025
Yes. I am fascist. All my friends are liberals with leftist leanings. None of them knows that I'm fascist, though, so I suppose that doesn't count.
>>
>>1914067
I'm not a social justice warrior. I'm a social justice warlord :^)

>kike

I'm whiter than a camping trip in Maine, but I can't make you believe that if you choose not to.
>>
>>1914025

I'm pretty much an anarchist, and I hate SJWs and alt right wingers alike.

So needless to say if politics are brought up, I can easily take the piss out of both.

This is coming from someone who has left wing and right wing friends.
>>
>>1914025
Looks like you had a shit group of friends to start with
Mine has a pro-russian scientist nietschian antitheism atheist, an atheist commie-primitivist, a normie vegetarian protestant, a moralfag hegelian christian, a nihilistic homosexual, a normie lowkey weaboo, and that's just the tight-knit circle
>>
>>1914025
Obviously, your friendship just needs to be deeper than agreeing on politics.
I'm a fascist (in private) and my friends are mostly different flavors of anarchists or social liberals.
>>
>>1914025
>My social group has fallen apart because members had disagreements over the presidential election
You are not supposed to show your power level like that.
You asked for this, there is nothing left to gain.
>>
Yeah.

And feminists like playboys. The ones they dislike are nerds.
>>
I think it depemds more on how much intensily you believe these things and whether or not you're able to control your autism in front of other people.
>>
>>1914025

Isn't friendship something that establishes itself independently from political view and ideology ?, something that evolves from same interests and trust?.
>>
>>1914110
I hope you don't act like this in real life.
>>
>>1914025
I complained about this before, but I meant a guy on 4chan last year and we fooled around a bit (cuddled, I fugged him, etc.). He became more and more /pol/ in August. The last time we hungout he could not stop talking about Jews, cuck, and White Genocide. He has since stopped talking with me, I wonder if that's the reason why.

I'm a centrist, Asian, and we're both gay.

Oh well I guess. I hope he has a good life.

----------------
In my friend group, I have libertarians, republicans, social democrats, nothing really too "extreme", and they get along well.

But it seems the more "extreme" ideologies, people tend to just seek out people with similar political beliefs. I try to be friends with everyone, but I cannot imagine being friends with someone who is a jihadist or whatever.

The most annoying type of people are the people who shill their political beliefs on steam. A political meme is not a good intro for greeting someone you just added on discord or steam.

>>1914197
Political interests can be the same interests. Also what if you meet someone on an online /pol/ group, or Communist school club or whatever? I guess that's a relationship that started based on politics.
>>
>>1914025
Generally I've found that *most* people can handle political disagreements in a friendship, but from my experience the further they become /pol/ified the less accepting of other people they are. So I guess the further authoritarian and the further right they go, the more they desire conformity from the people around them.
>>
>>1914363
>Political interests can be the same interests. Also what if you meet someone on an online /pol/ group, or Communist school club or whatever? I guess that's a relationship that started based on politics.

A worthwhile friendship should go beyond what first brings people together right?

My student gov't and newspaper friends are just that, friends I share those pursuits with. Acquaintances perhaps. From those pursuits, I have "real" friends who I've developed other interests and greater familiarity with.
>>
Depends on how autistic(literally) they are. As someone who's very autistic, I can tell you, its very hard to see someone as a trustable person if they don't hold atleast some core principle/code in high regards. Whether it be beauty, love, truth, friendship, etc. There must be something to work with else its a disarray.

Religion/Ideology/etc are all superset of this fundamental issue.
>>
I know someone who is a bit /pol/. I personally like to make offensive jokes about the Third Reich (ideology), and that is probably the reason he showed his powerlevel.
Now that I know that, I make light jokes about such things as race-mixing. He doesn't know that it are jokes and when I say such things he becomes disappointed.
>>
>>1914025
>implying that cutting your dick off isn't motivated by ideology
>>
>>1914415
>there are people who take /pol/ shit seriously
>>
Yes, sure. I am. People think that I am a nazi, and not like a neo nazi hick (Taht's another dude), but like full blown cartoonishly evil statist in black uniforms. And still my friend circle consists of a "Fuck the poor lmao" libertarian, a nu male, and a retardo.
>>
File: 1477700564822.png (542KB, 640x490px) Image search: [Google]
1477700564822.png
542KB, 640x490px
>>1914411
Double dubs!
>>
>>1914055
>social democratic feminist
What the hell does this even mean. Please tell me you haven't fell for the wage gap/patriarchy, etc. memes.
>>
>>1914025
Literally the only barrier that can't be overcome is antisemites and Jews. I've tried myself (I'm Jewish). If you manage to get anywhere, they'll rationalise it somehow and continue talking shit about literally other Jewish person on the planet to your face, and then act all shocked when you ask them to stop.

If you wanna know what distinguishes this from "having a black friend" or w/e, it's that they continually talk shit right to your fucking face and use any kind of negative reaction as an excuse to put you back in the "kike" box. It's like their cognitive dissonance won't allow them to be friends with a Jew, so they deliberately try to end the friendship by talking shit. They aren't even fucking joking half the time, like they claim they are.

This applies to both left-leaning (MUH PALESTINIANS) and right-leaning (SIEG HEIL) antisemites, by the way.
>>
>>1914525
Oh, and for those who wanna call me a salty kike, they always got ultra-butthurt when I did the same shit to them (insulting Palestinians/White people to their face unironically).
>>
>>1914525
this is factually accurate

I am a >kike in the sense that my mom had a bat-mitzvah, but I sure as hell didn't and I know jack about judaism, but once my wehraboo friend saw some stupid jewish salt/pepper shakers in our house in high school that friendship was doomed
>>
File: 1446483129572.png (163KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1446483129572.png
163KB, 500x377px
>>1914525
>>1914963
>tfw met one and only one jew
>tfw cracked a joke about how jews control the reptiles that control the illuminati
>>
>>1914963
m-moot?
i-is that you?
why did you forsake us?
>>
>>1914972
>cracked a joke about how jews control the reptiles that control the illuminati
What the fuck, why would you ever do that.
>>
File: moot is turning full nip.jpg (44KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
moot is turning full nip.jpg
44KB, 600x799px
>>1914972
that's a totally normal thing to do everyone makes jew jokes don't feel autistic about it

i make illuminati jokes probably every time i see someone who looks vaguely jewish

the only weird thing is how specific that joke is

it's not the jew jokes that kill the friendship it's the unironically blaming you for the WTC (we were 15 and lived in NYC) and the ransacking your house to try to find proofs or hidden jew gold or something, and telling your parents that the holocaust never happened because hitler just needed to save the germans from judeo-bolsheviks, and then blaming them for communism and the enslavement of all eastern europe and asking if they even feel a little bad about it

nowadays it's probably more muh israeli holocaust though, what would i know

>>1914978
yeah b how u doin :*
>>
>>1914990
I'm pretty enthusiastically muslim and I generally find it easier to get along with jews than with muslims. Jews expect me to disagree with them on the israel conflict, which means they're generally prepped for that. The fact that I'm a qualified teacher of religion studies in high school helps crossing the gap too. Muslims, on the other hand, don't expect me to disagree with them, so that oftwn pisses them off. Still, usually praying together makes the peace. gotta love the salah.

In all, I love you, my jews. Brothers of the book for eva.
>>
>his
you're not friends with people due to their political and ideological stances, you're friends with them because they partake in your autistic hobbies
there's nothing less fun than politics, if someone ever brings it up they're doing everyone a disservice
>>
>>1915039
but people who consider genocide a viable solution to some problems and people who vote social Democrat tend to have irreconcilable value systems anon...
>>
>>1914074
Jews can be rather white too.
>>
>>1915006
peace bro

I have no problems with anyone besides the muslims that either wear or force others to wear burqas

i am seriously surprised that visiting this site is not double haram though
>>
>>1915054
social dems support white genocide so not really
>>
>>1914025
Yes. My friend group ranges from full on nu-right autists to anarcho-gommuniggers.

I think ideology is cancer too but if you're not autistic then you can usually make it work. Most people only care about it superficially anyway.
>>
File: b6a.jpg (44KB, 600x699px) Image search: [Google]
b6a.jpg
44KB, 600x699px
>>1914110
>I'm pretty much an anarchist
>>
>>1914363
Faggot
>>
Is not being an ideologue an ideology in itself?
>>
>>1914363
After he was done swallowing cum he swallowed the redpill.
>>
>>1914025
if you look at yourself and the people around you, the way they act is exactly the opposite of what their thinking would imply.
Also
>Scheint die Sonne auf die Nazis ich kann's nicht verstehen
>Dürfen Faschos auch verreisen das wär ungerecht.
>>
>>1915077
does calling a gay on 4chan a faggot really do anything?

just another tuesday
>>
>>1915090
I'm in the right here tho
>>
>>1914025
I believe that no matter how right or wrong your ideology, it's possible to be an asshole or an okay person. There's no inherent reason people with different beliefs can't get along and they should try to.
>>
File: 1461680917192.png (629KB, 960x943px) Image search: [Google]
1461680917192.png
629KB, 960x943px
>>1914990
>he thinks the holocaust was real
>he doesn't think judeo-bolsheviks enslaved Eastern Europe
>>
>>1915065
>all people who vote social democrat do so with the express intent of flooding Europe with Muslims and are in the same ballpark with people who believe"the Holocaust didn't happen but it totally should have heh fucking kikes :^)"
'no'
>>
>>1915120
Why should they try to get along?

Wouldn't it be best for both parties to go their separate ways?

I really don't get why segregation gets such a bad rep. If two groups obviously can't get along, why force them to try?
>>
>>1915121
m8 stop denying hitler's greatest achievement
>>
File: leftypol2.jpg (104KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
leftypol2.jpg
104KB, 800x494px
>>1915126
When you vote for politicians and parties which support " flooding Europe with Muslims" you literally do support those policies, you SJW faggot
>>
>>1914025

It really depends on the ideologies. Naturally, a jew-hating neonazi won't be able to maintain a friendship with an ultra-orthodox jew, but a Republican and a Democrat can be good buddies, provided they avoid talking about politics. "Identity" based ideologies are particularly hard for others to deal with, since they politicise everything so arguments will be more or less continuous.
>>
>>1915054
there's no point arguing these differences unless you're doing it for the explicit purpose of losing a friend
it benefits both of them to just set these differences aside and never think about it
>>
It's possible to be friends with someone who holds different views than yourself, but only really if you downplay them or simply ignore the differences. For example, a friend of mine up at work attempted to engage me in theological debate of sola fide at work (I'm Catholic, he's Lutheran), but I pretty much just rebuffed him with a non-answer saying I'm not qualified to really debate the nature of things which is why I let some fellows in Rome spend the majority of their life doing so and just stick to what I know.

Another friend is an older lady with a huge democrat favoring, and while we differ on that, we still get along because we both love animals and wildlife.
>>
>>1915215
I don't think that's true. I'm a left of center moderate and I used to get beers and scream about politics with this ultra conservative guy all the time. It was pretty fun.

I stopped hanging out with him because he started bringing this guy who would talk about raping drunk girls to the bar, not because of political differences.
>>
I'm not sure desu, I hope that it can happen.

My problem is that the majority of my friends are normies, I don't like to debate "muh feminism" with them because I hardly see a point in it, It's like being a fedora IRL, it's being an autistic cunt.

However, I am trying to get to know different activists, I have noticed that hardcore activists are mostly pretty interesting and deep thinking people, maybe one day I'll have a White nationalist and radical feminist friends, I don't seek them out, I just kinda hope to get along with people regardless of opinions.
>>
>>1914055
Do you live in NZ mate?
>>
>>1914381
I think it's more that once you know certain things are factually false and hear them from people you like all the time you eventually get tiresome of it all.

It's also part of /pol/ to be slightly contrarian and questioning in nature. So if all your buddies are watching (silly example) game of thrones, playing over watch and laughing about petty election lies (Trump is Hitler haha) then the slight contrarian nature kicks in and exclusion begins.

The feeling of not belonging is very real on /pol/.
>>
>>1914381
SJWs are usually more authoritarian than /pol/ types. And more likely to exclude others due to different opinions (see how they treat Mencius)
>>
>>1915453
Example:

http://nypost.com/2016/10/31/at-nyu-watch-out-if-youre-railing-against-pc-insanity/

Who is demanding others to conform?
>>
>>1915480
Also worth noting in my experience that people like /pol/ types often have hugely varied hobbies and tastes (often with crossover between them) and in general are not the kind of person who wants to fit in (otherwise they would be SJW types).

AKA slightly contrarian, not because they want to be contrarian it just so happens that they aren't often longing to be part of the crowd but more be their own.

Something I have noticed anyway. See: >>1915416
>>
>>1914025
>Can ideologues make friends with non-ideologues?

Obviously, my close friends range from borderline MRA Al Bundy types to Liberal Normies who think Trump and Hillary are diametrically opposed to Trotskyists to Anarchists.

I'm fairly strong minded politically, but that doesn't keep me from having friends who disagree. I've had people get mad at me for my beliefs, whether it's my support for Palestine, my belief that Capitalism will be overthrown or my belief that nearly all "dictators" aren't as bad as we hype them up to be.

If you learn to understand that different political beliefs have nothing to do with a person's quality you'll be a lot happier.
>>
>>1914025
>My social group has fallen apart because members had disagreements over the presidential election
what a pathetic group of individuals
>>
I'm a communist I hate you and probably everyone
>>
>>1914025
I'm fascist christian and my best friend is a libertarian atheist, also i'm white nationalist but i have some black friends, there is no problem
>>
>>1915163
>someone willingly makes children with a different race (not every mixed race child is a rape baby my /pol/ friends :^)
>the same as literally killing them
hehe
>>
>>1914025
>social group has fallen apart because members had disagreements over the presidential election

you were consorting with faggots who couldn't handle the bantz.

and yes it's actually easy if you're a good person.
>>
I can't be friends with anyone who actually, not just types, says, just actually says out their mouth "sjw"

I know who you are and what kind of person you are and I'm not friends with you. I know.

You can't just keep that shit on the internet
>>
>>1915576
What kind of person are they?
>>
>>1915594
Awful to be around when you shit out internet shit outside of the shit that's the internet.
>>
>>1915596
What if said person was studying at university and has to be around these people frequently. Would him mentioning what kind of people he is around qualify him as an awful person?

Sounds like a broad way to categorize someone.
>>
>>1915617
>What if said person was studying at university and has to be around these people frequently

Shut up about it

>Would him mentioning what kind of people he is around qualify him as an awful person?

Yes
>>
>>1915629
I don't know man, seems pretty harmless to me. I am a man of standards myself but this is a whole level of rigid.
>>
>>1915651
>I don't know man, seems pretty harmless to me.

And that's why I don't fuck with you or people like you. You're obnoxious. Keep it on the internet.
>>
>>1915659
Like me? I too cringe when my friends laugh at SJW's but they are not awful people. They just still laugh at something that stopped being funny early last year thats all.

Bad humor does not make a bad person.
>>
>>1915063
1. Work safe board
2. if every place/environment/website which contains less than islamic themes or images, I could not live in any current society. Even Islamic countries are saturated with haram.
3. Need to hang in a place that challenges my opinions.
4. On the matter of burqa, I recommend you read "from my sister's lips" by Naima B Roberts. Book on a bunch of british converts who decided to don the full burqa. Very interesting to read the female perspective.
>>
>>1915664
>but they are not awful people

Full disagreement
>>
>>1915617
i've never written the three letters in succession online, saying it outside of the internet seems highly suspect
>>
>>1914025
I'm pretty "racist" but I had a black dorm mate my first year in college and on a personal level we got along. But we never brought up politics and whenever his friends came around it was fucking horrendous. Like a literal jungle
>>
>>1915687
Political beliefs don't make people awful
>>
>>1915687
And by political beliefs I mean the concept of what is funny, what is hateful and what is stupid
>>
>>1915903
>>1915908
If someone says sjw out loud in casual conversation I'm not fucking with them end of story
>>
>>1915903
all leftist i have ever met have turned out to be genuinely awful people
>>
>>1914025
You have a shit social group. Normal mature people are capable of disagreeing with people without also disliking them.
>>
>>1915973
>Normal mature people
To be fair he said ideologues, meaning literally mindless extremists.
>>
>>1914025
If you consider yourself a Christian before an American, then religion becomes a primary issue.
>>
File: 1478189312924.jpg (518KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1478189312924.jpg
518KB, 1920x1920px
>>1915138
Indeed
>>
>>1914025
Vera easy for people that font have autism.

I see a difference between in what direction a society should go and my relation to other people.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.