[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should I be a good person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1476090252578.jpg (120KB, 634x876px) Image search: [Google]
1476090252578.jpg
120KB, 634x876px
Why should I be a good person?
>>
Because.
>>
>>1913365
Why not ask the inverse?

Cause you're a fucking edgelord teenager
>>
>>1913365
Why not ask the inverse?

Cause you're a fucking gorilla
>>
File: properalignment.png (59KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
properalignment.png
59KB, 800x640px
>good
how many times are we going to do this, /his/? when will you learn?
>>
>>1913365
Because you'll get your nose punched the fuck in for being a douche
>>
>>1913399
If you're going to invoke stirner at least use memes that reflect him
>>
>>1913365
because Jesus wants you to.
>>
Even on a selfish level, the reputation, friendships and fulfilment you gain from being "good" will benefit you more than being a massive dick to everyone. After a while of "pretending" to care, you find a simple joy in helping others and companionships and empathy that ward off loneliness. I just wish I realized this and stopped being a dick sooner.
>>
>>1913365
Most people aren't really good. They just pretend to be so others don't view them as edgelords.
>>
>>1913422
this

>>1913423
t. edgelord
>>
File: 5345.jpg (227KB, 1128x1048px) Image search: [Google]
5345.jpg
227KB, 1128x1048px
>>1913412
>"invoke" stirner
>desire to "reflect" an impression of his personality onto others
sounds suspiciously as if you're ironically morphing his work into a spook...
>>
>>1913422
>I am only good because my emotions compel me to be
Sentimentalists are worse than edgelords tbqh. Normies can get triggered by something as innocuous as a bad haircut and when the facade of being a good person falls off it's terrifying. At least ISIS follows some kind of moral code.
>>
>>1913539
I think the fact that ISIS follows a moral "code", rather than embracing empathy itself as the foundation of morality, is a pretty good argument against moral codes. There is always some logical extrapolation of utilitarianism, deontology or virtue that leads to horrifying conclusions. And there's nothing "only" about sentiment merely because you hold it in irreverence. Indeed, all moral codes require sentiment as a foundation to not be completely arbitrary. A hypothetical deontology solely concerning physical contact between emotionless rocks and wind would be relevant to nobody. Morality always concerns interaction between *subjects*, and it is for this reason that intersubjectivity and empathy is the seed from which all goodness originates. Unashamedly opening up your heart to others is the best decision you'll ever make, even if the investment hurts you sometimes.
>>
it feels good m8, try it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.