[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is every Post a Shitpost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: size.png (27KB, 675x332px) Image search: [Google]
size.png
27KB, 675x332px
Ultimately, every post we do is to further our own agenda. Wether it is to make someone laugh, which makes us feel good, or to get (You)s, to show people you point of view to make them think like you, to give information to people which could make the world a better place, what you would call a better place. Is it to make people angry which you find amusing, it all comes down to one thing: You do it because you want to accomplish something with it, which is through you subjective eyes something positive, disregarding all the other oppinions.

Furthermore, in real life, it is no different. Is it the old lady you in the subway you offer your seat to which makes you feel good because you feel like you did something good, or the homeless guy next streat you gave some money for the same reason? Isn't it still egoistic in some kind of sense just because we do something which we think is good, making us feel a bit better?

Even this very thread is only to further my own agenda, seeing different point of views and possibly further my horizon,

I would of course differentiate between pure egoism, which only involves you own well being, and this, I would call it social egoism, resulting in helping others in order to feel good themselves. But never the less, they are just egoism only manifested in another way.

So what do you guys think?

Pic related is just some also a bit philosophical but not really related
>>
tl;dr

learn to make OPs better nobody is going to read this.
>>
>>1909600
Dont be so lazy
>>
>>1909587
t. riven main
>>
There is no such thing as altruism. It is all human conditioning to do something that will have the effect of releasing certain chemicals so insignificant we do not realise. This very post releases such chemicals I am beginning to feel in my frontal-cortex as this sentence comes to an end.
>>
>>1909643
no fuck off, make better threads.

getting old seeing all that text in the peripheral fuck that. GET TO THE POINT NIGGA
>>
>>1909908
Are you black by any chance?
>>
>>1909587
didn't read any of this shit

humanities was a mistake
>>
>>1909587
I agree with that picture.
>>
Does anyone else find this the most offensive board on 4chan? You are basically saying that good is the same thing as bad at every opportunity. Shitty scribbles = actual art, barbarism = actual ethics, criminals = non-criminals.

This is the first lesson of Marxism where they teach you to destroy what is good by putting it on the same level of something bad! What they are really getting at is that bad > good.
>>
File: 1422391795294.gif (39KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1422391795294.gif
39KB, 180x180px
>>1909587
Reminds me of the nonsense a freshman would write about rational choice theory, making every action "rational" just like how OP makes any action "self-interested".
>>
>>1909929
I see it that way, the nature of it being the same doesnt make it the same. Being purely egoistic maybe result in a better live for you, but being "socialy egoistic" result in a better world for multiple people. If everyone would be Socially egoistic there would be no reason to be egoistic since everything would already be available for everyone. The baker wanting to share his bred, the janitor likes to repair stuff, so why not repair stuff for others as well? The doctor heals because it makes him feel good as well and so on.

>>1909934
But that doesn't make stuff indifferentiable. Its a struggle between the egoistic egoism which cares for yourself, and the social egoism caring for caring for your kind, your planet, whatever you care for. Something being egoistic isn't entirely bad. It was there to ensure survival, that you eat enough you self, drink enough etc. So without it we wouldnt be here probably
>>
>>1909959
There must be some verse in the kabbalah where they teach Jews to debate this way. This is the only explanation for how someone can abuse language by making this confusing text
>>
>>1909969
Well, im from /pol/, and i guess we really started to jew the jews then
>>
So noone having another point of view?
>>
File: 1436870312253.png (49KB, 260x298px) Image search: [Google]
1436870312253.png
49KB, 260x298px
>>1909587
vilifying self-interest is not actually universally agreed on.

it's like hedonism. the whole point is that you're supposed to focus on something more important but retards shorthand it to "hurr durr pure evil" because there is no such thing as an idea that is too simple to misunderstand.

your post is definitely a shitpost. not because you made it following your self-interest but because you're shit and your philosophy is shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.