[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If morals are spook, then how do you enforce law and order?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 4dc.jpg (13KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
4dc.jpg
13KB, 170x200px
If morals are spook, then how do you enforce law and order?
>>
>>1907317
Those are also spooks
>>
Morals are a spook, but guns are real
>>
>>1907317
the constitution is my property
>>
meme philosopher threda no. 213
>>
>>1907317
Coercion
>>
Everything will just werk when people eschew common decency and behave like turbo sociopaths
>>
>>1907317
Spook other people.
>>
Stirnerposting is getting out of hand.
>>
>>1907412
>hand
don't spook me so hard. I'm still winding down from halloween
>>
From the Declaration of Independence of a future Human nation: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all lifeforms are created unequal, that they have no rights whatsoever apart from those that the ruling caste deems expedient to endow them with at any given time, and that Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness are not ideals to be placed over free men but mirages with which to confuse the weak minds of slaves and lead them to their holding cells".
>>
>>1907317

Ideas are actual real things that have actual real results in the lives of actual real people. They arise for very good reasons, based on observations of how this universe works and to dismiss them just because you can't put your hands on them is stupid.
LOGICAL CONSTRUCTS ARE THINGS THAT EXIST!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1907513
>LOGICAL CONSTRUCTS ARE THINGS THAT EXIST!!!!

I don't understand what people mean when they say "abstract things don't exist physically". Numbers absolutely exist physically, they exist as patterns in human brains or as marks on pages or bits in computers. There are no "non-physical" things, ideas and words and shit like that are physical phenomena,
>>
>>1907412
It was just halloween so its to be expected.
>>
>>1907586
This.
>>
>>1907317
Morals are a spook
maintaining law and order for a productive society? not a spook
>>
>>1907429
halloween is a spook
>>
>>1907630
LOL
>>
>>1907317
You dont, law and order is a fascist ideal
>>
>>1907317
By spooking people, duh
>>
>>1907317
in a way that serves your self-interest

if you're really such a sad cunt you can't imagine anything better you can just sell people some is->oughts and hope they buy it
>>
>>1907317
Jews are bad
>>
>>1908608
If you stop looking at the world as correct versus incorrect, and start looking at it in terms of degrees of correctness, you'll understand why is vs ought is a pointless distinction.
You don't have to be right, you just have to be more right.
>>
>>1908697
I don't think we are talking about the same thing.
>>
>>1907586
The physical structure of your brain that corresponds to an idea is not the idea, the same way that your perception of reality is not reality itself.
>>
File: spooks.png (3MB, 1468x5376px) Image search: [Google]
spooks.png
3MB, 1468x5376px
this thread is cringe. I miss when philosophy was a /lit/ thing because people on that board ACTUALLY READ.

to answer OP's question, law and order are enforced usually with weapons and imprisonment.
>>
>>1907317
Through force.

The point is that there is no moral obligation to act in a moral fashion. Morals themselves are not an imperative with real world implications. Only superior might can make morals relevant.
>>
>>1907317
Can't believe how many non-answers are here.
Say if there is a union of egoists, if someone, say a murderer, attacks them in some form, it's not within their self-interest to put up them. Cleaning up rapists, murderers and so on does not require a system of morality or law.
>>
>>1907317
with kant
>>
>>1909056
you seem like the only guy who's really read stirner on this board
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.