[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Asclepius

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Asklepios_-_Epidauros.jpg (1MB, 827x1395px) Image search: [Google]
Asklepios_-_Epidauros.jpg
1MB, 827x1395px
Redpill me on Asclepius
>>
Wasn't a real god.
>>
>>1903518

People credit him with the invention of medicine as a concept, but really he was just a god using his innate supernatural powers to mimick real medicine.
>>
>>1903564
Who really invented medicine then?
>>
>>1903564
Wasn't Apollo the god of medicine?
>>
File: 1476992917651.jpg (193KB, 1275x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1476992917651.jpg
193KB, 1275x1133px
>>1903518
Enemy of Flip Flap
>>
His hospitals had snakes slithering around them, Hygenia was one of his daughters and cleanliness was important.
>>
>>1903616

The plants, anon. Someone was sick and happened to drink tea that had some willow bark in it for what ever reason and he got better.

My guess is that these things just happen by pure chance, like the discovery of how to make fire.
>>
>>1903518
>go to Asclepius for treatment
>orders his dogs to lick me
>I instantly walk out
Wtf is wrong with this kook
>>
File: 1461273307722.webm (163KB, 554x300px) Image search: [Google]
1461273307722.webm
163KB, 554x300px
>>1905521

>dogs to lick me
>walk out

>not knowing that that is actually good for you
>>
>>1905497

think youre underestimating how much effort and dedication people put in such things, even if the knowledge accumulated slowly trough generations and many things were often wrong
>>
>>1905521
IIRC saliva has healing(mending) qualities and is one of the reasons someone instinctively puts a finger with a bloody cut in their mouth to suck on.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.