[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made Turkic dynasties rule over Persia, Black Sea region

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

What made Turkic dynasties rule over Persia, Black Sea region and Middle-East for more than 700 years? Was being Turkic at the time considered nobility?
>>
arabs inviting turks as their bodyguard. turkic migration and military prowess.

arabs got fucked after the mongols while iranians cant fight war for shit.
>>
>>1902210
They were just really good soldiers and warriors, like the Mongols.
>>
>>1902210
>Was being Turkic at the time considered nobility?
700 years is a long time but as far as I know nobility spoke "ottoman" which is a mix of arabic persian and turkish
peasents spoke just normal turkish so i guess being turkish wasnt considered nobility
>>
>>1902278
Ottoman language wasn't a standard thing. The amount of vocabulary from other languages depended on the background of the person speaking it. For most of gentry they would be speaking with some Arabic and Persian loanwords, while a city-dweller in 18th century would be speaking basically a language with Turkish grammar but entirely Arabic and Persian words.

Being a "Turk" wasn't a thing as it's understood now and depended on the context, if you were referred as "Itrak", Turk from Anatolia it mostly meant you were a nomad from Central Asia and it was a lowly position to be. However simultaneously Janissaries, soldiers and merchants introduced and identified themselves as Turks in North Africa and until their annexation by France the elite kept referring themselves as Turks. The Timariot Spahis saw themselves above Janissaries for being of "Turkish noble stock" and not of converts, also.

Trying to fit understanding of "ethnicity" of a multi-ethnic and multi-religious empire's social expectations from modern lenses from a singular viewpoint is fairly useless thing to do. What the term "Turk" went changed over time, going from basically being military caste to nomadic peasant depending on time, place and who you asked.
>>
>>1902278
I'm not just talking about Ottomans. I'm also talking about Timurids, Mamelukes, Afsharids etc.
>>
>>1902210
The Hungarian far-right considers Hungary to be a Turkic nation, and wants to unite with the other children of Turan like Turkey, Mongolia, Korea, Japan, Azerbaijan, etc and form the mighty Turanic Empire which will destroy the perfidious Jew and decadent west.

They also believe that fire was created by the Jew to control them by weaning them off of raw meat.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.