[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Marcus a cuck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1199.jpg (39KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1199.jpg
39KB, 320x480px
Was he? Cause from what I've read it was probably propaganda against him that his wife was a slut. But I think that even if she did cheat on him I think Marcus would've forgiven her. He was known to be more than fair in court cases and he was never big on sex to begin with (no boi pucci), only to do his duty as a husband.

I read the Anthony Birley biography and he mentioned something about Marcus studying in one room and his brother Verus having an orgy in another. Marcus then goes on to thank his brother in the first chapter of the meditations. Sounds like a dude who'd forgive his wife for cucking him.

I am the farthest thing from a historian so please feel free to destroy me while correcting me.
>>
Marcus was beyond concepts like cuckery. He was an Enlightened in a way that wouldn't be seen in the West again until we found out about Buddha.

Even had it been his brother who fucked his wife, the madman truly wouldn't have given a fuck. At that point, is it even still cuckery?
>>
>>1896517
>the madman truly wouldn't have given a fuck

Those are levels of not giving a fuck I strive for. I guess you're right. As I continue to study Stoicism, infedelity among women is the thing I have trouble letting go. It's crazy but I forgave a guy that tried to rob me but I can't entertain the idea of being cheating on and forgiving the girl.
>>
>>1896523

It is important to remember that your forgiveness does not have to mean you must tolerate being cheated on, just like you don't have to tolerate robbery to forgive the man who robbed you.

Stoicism does not need to conflict with concepts of justice. Marcus was an emperor, he spent his life ruling, and to rule is to punish.

Stoicism is about your own inner balance. If you are cheated on, leave the girl but do not dwell on your hatred for her. No matter how hard you hate her, you can never undo that she cucked you. It is the same with all injustice you are met with- you have very little control over the outcome of anything except your own responses to misfortune. Just let it go.
>>
>>1896548
This is good. Thank you, I needed this.
>>
File: 778.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
778.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>1896553

Anytime, brother.

Here I am at home, alone, on Halloween weekend, at yet I am happier in this moment than I was a year ago even though last year I was out with friends at this very time pursuing some fleeting pleasure getting drunk or something.

The only thing that has changed in my life is my reading into philosophy and history. To most other people that I am sitting here talking to you rather than being out right now would make me poorer than I was this time exactly one year ago, and yet I know that I am richer.

All suffering stems from desire, but I think it is also true that most desire stems not from what you actually want but from fulfilling what other people demand you want.

The whole cuckery meme that took off this past year is an example of this. It is bad to be cheated on, of course. But the humiliation of being cuckolded is only so bad because we know other people will look down on us for having such a thing exacted on them.

It is interesting that you said you were able to forgive someone who violently stole from you more than you can conceptualize forgiving someone who cheated on you. I would ask whether you would feel the same had it not been that you know 4chan has recently taken to despising cucks.

Just a thought. Have a nice night (or day), anon.
>>
>>1896590
I have a firm grasp on what I do and don't desire, thankfully. But I do sympathize with your past struggles with it; I still have friends that are slaves to it.

And you're absolutely right about the cucking thing being a product of how people might perceive me. I always thought that if I were to forgive a woman for cheating on me, I would have to stay with her. Thank you again for pointing out that this isn't so.

The fear of being cucked goes at back before I even learned English. I was raised around a very machismo culture (an island in the carriabean, pick one) so that shit is ingrained deep.

As for the robbery, it was nothing spectacular. It was a high school kid that was bored. I was walking home from the gym and he pushed me and grabbed my book bag when it fell out of my hands. He got gym shorts and a wallet with a debit card (that I cancelled shortly after)and a expired drivers license. So nothing was lost.

I felt bad for him though. I live in a state where guns are easily accessible and everyone carries. I don't, but he could've easily bumped into someone that was.
>>
>>1896509
Try to communicate without memes, you're an embarrassment.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.