[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It is an honor to be thought a well educated man, for are we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14

File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1680x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1680x800px
It is an honor to be thought a well educated man, for are we not a nation of erudite warriors? But i tell you, that in all the books i have ever studied, i have never seen an account of creatures as lowly as our foes! However, my learning leads me to suspect that they may die as easily as other men.

These rebellious knaves and villains are not fit to breathe the same air as we honest men. They must all die before dawn comes again. This is a mercy, because they richly deserve the gallows for turning against their betters.
>>
File: IMG_1520.png (449KB, 429x709px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1520.png
449KB, 429x709px
>>1888558
>general has "mad" trait
>gives horse shit speeches
>>
>>1888558

How much of a retard can you be?
>>
>>1888563
YOU ARE ALL LIKE TURNIP! READY TO...GROW... INTO GREAT AND...MIGHTY TURNIP...WARRIORS! SO EMBRACE YOUR DATE AND...uh, KILL THE ENEMY! WHO ARE NOT TURNIP!...thank you!
>>
>>1888563

>general develops any trait whatsoever
>pikemen and 2handed axemen lose ability to fight
>>
>>1888578
>he didn't play Kingdoms
You deserve it
>>
File: 1448387201171.png (228KB, 3322x848px) Image search: [Google]
1448387201171.png
228KB, 3322x848px
>>
>>1888583

I did. Still broke. And Infantry charges too.
Shitty game...
>>
>>1888558

Fuck you OP Milan > All
>>
Guy who only played Rome here
Is Medieval 2 better?
>>
>>1888610

Generally yes.
>>
>>1888605
>>1888601
>>1888598
>>1888583
>>1888578
>>1888573
>>1888572
>>1888563
>>1888558
HRE masterrace reporting in
>>
>>1888601
Your version was fucked up then, my two handed weapons did just fine. Fir charges I hope you aren't talking about them doing stuff you don't tell them. That's literally a part of the game.
>>
>>1888617

kys m8 you don't even get muskets
>>
>>1888610
It's fun and memorable, i still play it

Stainless Steel best mod
>>
>>1888598
wtf am I looking at?
>blue swears fealty to red-yellow
>blue skewers red-yellow
>red-yellow somehow dismembers blue, some other random yellow, buries two others, and hangs green froma noose, and gains a pile of gold.
>someone got excommunicated.
>>
>>1888610
Rome and Med2 are similar, but have different focuses
Combat is a lot slower (besides cavalry charges recking havoc), and you've got a bit more variety in certain unit options, whether it's just specific units for each faction or mercenaries you can pick up along the way.
I, personally, like it more, but it's all about what tickles your fancy for favorite period. But, also, the modding content for Med2 is fantastic, and worth a shot just for the variety.
>>
>>1888610
I liked it a lot better, it's the same game just with better graphics and a new setting.
>>1888617
France is my favorite main faction. Jerusalem, Novgorod, and Scotland were my favorites for the three expansion campaigns I played.
>>
>>1888621
fuck muskets. crossbow masterrace.
>>
>>1888610
The battles aren't as fun but the campaign is waaay better. Medieval 2 is my favourite tw game
>>
>>1888632

Milan gets best crossbows AND muskets late game.
>>
>>1888605
Milan is literally the worst faction. You and Portugal can burn in hell.
>>
>>1888642

>worst faction

Someone get put in the dumpster by linguini
>>
>>1888630
In the main campaign I loved playing England, Scotland and Denmark. The positions of each those on the map are just best for expansion.

and yeah jerusalem all the way I love the Templar units. On Britannia I liked Norway the best and in Teutonic actually Denmark due to its supremacy in scandinavia
>>
>>1888618

Talking about pikes actually

Inf charges were broke in that men would charge, then stop 10 feet from the enemy and only the front line would charge up. Then theyd all just... Dance around each other. It was weak.
>>
>>1888642
yeah fuck portugal and spain. shit tier infantry and shitty spear chucker chavalry. fuck all spear chucker units
>>
>>1888642
Milan is the Jews of the game, i always go around assassinating everyone with them
>>
>>1888666
yeah fuck them. milan, venice and sometimes the papal states are the worst backstabbers.
>>
>>1888626
England is Red-Yellow, signifying the player at the beginning of Med2: they want to be a good person, and a chivalrous knight because they see justice and noble virtues as the righteous pursuit. Generals have a scale of Chivalry and Dread, which changes depending on your actions after battle and specific events for each general.
They fight against Scotland (see tartan kilt), and sign an alliance with a French, hoping to mend any potential problems there.
Then, the AI goes mad and the French stab the player in the back. So, you ain't going to let the fuckers get away with that, so you're going to take their land and kill their men (in Med2, when you defeat an army you can either release survivors, sell the survivors back to their owner, or kill them all).
This, of course, gets the rest of the world pissed off at the player for being efficient and not chivalrous. The pope asks England to stop killing French people for being Catholics, and England says fuck that, so he's excommunicated.
For such, the Pope calls a Crusade against England, and this involves fighting the Spanish (boat with castle atop gold and orange), and Milan (green and pale green). Being excommunicated, there are far less reserves for murdering all captive Catholics, so more butchery and conquest follows.
This behavior leads to England gaining a lot of land, killing a lot of people, and earning money along the way. England's generals all have points into Dread instead of Chivalry, and, based on the crown he's wearing, England has conquered Portugal, France, Scotland, Milan, the HRE, and Spain, at least. Underneath that is the quote "I have tried whipping the men, sire, but they are spent," which is one of the phrases Dread English generals say after moving their full action points in a turn.
>>
England were my favourites to play as, which is hard to say as an Irishman, love me some some longbows. Always found it stupid how weak France and hre where in the campaign while the likes of milan and Denmark where strong as fuck
>>
File: StDissapointed.jpg (13KB, 268x320px) Image search: [Google]
StDissapointed.jpg
13KB, 268x320px
>Not playing as the Crown of Aragón
>An hero your shelves
>>
File: 2014-06-16_00004.jpg (320KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-16_00004.jpg
320KB, 1366x768px
>>1888617
It's a good time being Holy, Roman, and an Empire
>>
>>1888666
>>1888670

Italian factions are legitimately the best, stop hating.
>>
>>1888683
I played as Spain and it was my least favorite campaign. The papacy cockblocked me and took over the moors right at the beginning and then threatened to excommunicate me when I attacked France too much. Then when I tried to crusade the general I sent ended up dying en route.
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (27KB, 317x628px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
27KB, 317x628px
>play the Byzantines
>conquer Albania early in the campaign
>getting armies ready to turn east and retake Anatolia along with the rest of the former Eastern Empire
>Eternal Venetian backstabs me
>60 turns later I'm allied with the Turks and in the middle of dominating all of Italy while I invade the HRE
>I have no idea how I got here
>>
>>1888710

My Byzantine campaign went much the same way.

Venice is truly the fucking worst but killing them off brings the rest of the Catholics on your head.
>>
File: French Insults.jpg (206KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
French Insults.jpg
206KB, 1024x768px
>>1888682
>playing as England
>get called to Crusade
>have to create a decent sized Crusader army of my best available units and armorsmiths
>make second fleet for purpose of transporting men
>start sailing south towards Gibraltar, still going to take a number of turns
>your men are deserting because you're not going towards the crusade
>fuck
>I land at Cyrene with my general, three units of 30 men groups of sergeants, one crossbow, and a feudal knights
>just hire sudanese tribesman and take Cyrene, while France and the HRE got back Jerusalem
>Egypt calls crusade on Cyrene
PERFIDIOUS
>>
>>1888725
Egypt calls jihad*
>>
>>1888725
Hahah made me chuckle, when I went on a crusade with England I just marched through France and bought ships near marseille
>>
>>1888598
>not having severely overleveled assassin on standby to assassinate the pope whenever you get excommunicated
>>
File: freeinternet.jpg (39KB, 491x361px) Image search: [Google]
freeinternet.jpg
39KB, 491x361px
>>1888678
thank you for the explanation.
>>
>>1888724
That's the damnedest thing. I'm actually allied with France and Denmark. Neither of them are excommunicated, and they're happily going along with my war against the Germans.

I just don't know at this point.
>>
File: Julii.jpg (197KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Julii.jpg
197KB, 1024x768px
>>1888740
>be HRE
>get excommunicated for taking Milan
>that goes on for 150 turns
>finally taken back into church
>get HRE pope who is secretly female
>she excommunicates me for fighting Hungary, when they are the only other Catholic faction alive
ISHYGDDT
>>
File: IMG_0150.png (283KB, 623x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0150.png
283KB, 623x469px
>>1888695
I almost forgot, I've a story to go along with this cluster fuck of a campaign
>Spain
>King dies early on Crusade voyage
>son becomes king
>Literally King Pedro the Cuckhold
>negative command and Authority, medium piety, decent loyalty
>his successor isn't so bad so I send him into battles that will get him killed
>Pedro doesn't die
>he wins again and again
>starts getting more command
>ends up destroying Portugal
>give him brand new army to attack new enemy Milan along
>Takes Corsica, Genoa, and finally Milan
>Milan is destroyed
>he is now my best general
>bitch wife trips down the stairs and breaks her neck
>take some French territory
>Pedro dies at age 60 as my greatest king ever, King Pedro the Great
>>
>>1888710
>Play Empire for Austrian stronk and my line infantry fetish
>Have to conquer Venice for victory
>Allied them first turn for trade incomes
>They help me in my wars against the Turks and form a barrier against the French in Italy
>Still have to kill them for Victory condition
>I am forced to be perfidious on my ally after ~80 years
I never expected to feel bad killing Venetians
>>
I've never played the HRE is it fun? I hate them because no matter what campaign I play they always declare war.
>>
File: 2014-06-16_00001.jpg (425KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-16_00001.jpg
425KB, 1366x768px
>>1888818
Do you enjoy being harassed by Italians whom are protected by Excommunications from the Pope, annoyed with Poles and Hungarians who plow your open borders, and hate it when Danes and Frenchmen strike when your other two fronts are being assaulted?
Do you like it when trying to defend yourself from all these assholes gets you hated by everyone else and the Egyptians come and bribe your generals away?
Do you like GrossGermaniumBlobs?

If you said no to any of the first two and yes to the final, you'll enjoy playing as the HRE
>>
>>1888836
Nope still hate the HRE, just going to play as Milan and fuck them over now.
>>
>>1888883
>milanfags
Go play as a real faction you homos. Play Poland or something.
>>
>>1888623
With the hip submod certainly.
>>
THESE MEN THINK THEMSELVES OUR EQUAL OR BETTER...I THINK THEY HAVE THE STENCH OF DEATH ABOUT THEM
>>
>implying defending vs the ai wasn't severely imbalanced
>>
>>1888618
>my two handed weapons did just fine
Two-handed units are broken in the game and can get stunlocked by any other infantry, in melee they only do damage because of others behind the first line.
>>
>>1888598

The politics is definitely the worst part of the game.

>Get own cardinal elected pope, max esteem with Papal States.
>Neighbor that is nearly an excommunicate invades and attacks your city, breaking an alliance that has been in place for decades.
>Send army, they flee after one turn of sieging without battle.
>Chase enemy army into their territory and defeat it.
>Pope demands I stop killing Catholics or face excommunication.

>Hey buddy, you've been losing this war for years now and thousands of your troops have died for nothing. How about I give you back all your cities and some indemnities in exchange for peace?
>Ha! Go fuck yourself! We are glad to hear you are near the breaking point! Here comes another army of peasant archers to battle your elite knights!

>Hey foreign nation, can I see your map of the world? I'll give you a ridiculous sum of money, your capital that I liberated from your enemy, and you can see my maps too.
>Not in a million years. This is not fair to us.
>>
>>1889161
kek. everytime. especially HRE never gives up. even if they have only one or two regions left, they will never make peace.
>>
>>1888558

>In war there's nothing so becomes a man as bravery before your enemies. A man can be afraid and still be brave - and any man who faces battle without concern is a moonstruck fool. To be brave is to go forward anyway, no matter how a-feared. That is why I go forward, in the company of so many other brave men.
>>
>>1889161
This.

>Peasant stacks even a hundred years in
>Send armies of level 10 merchants and assassins

The AI is a clusterfuck, even on very hard.

>>1890945
Damn pigface bascinets are so sexy.
>>
>>1889161

>Here comes another army of peasant archers to battle your elite knights!

Gave me a boner
>>
>>1888710

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Luckily I blitz the Turks in five turns using my super elite strategy and then turn on the eternal Venetian while paying Hungry to fuck off. That or I just play Stainless Steel.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.