[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

#Rhodesmustfall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 50

File: 2016_05_rhodes.jpg (806KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
2016_05_rhodes.jpg
806KB, 1280x800px
What does /his/ think of the removal of historical statues
>>
Horse memorial vandalized in SA because it is a symbol of colonialism
>>
File: eff_destory_momuments.jpg (44KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
eff_destory_momuments.jpg
44KB, 600x316px
>>
File: 1465910168457.jpg (40KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1465910168457.jpg
40KB, 600x338px
memorial in France
>>
File: 1443486069003.jpg (68KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1443486069003.jpg
68KB, 720x540px
WW1 Memorial in Germany
>>
File: sloganBig.jpg (33KB, 372x192px) Image search: [Google]
sloganBig.jpg
33KB, 372x192px
British war memorial in France
>>
File: Rhodes_no_nose.jpg (186KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rhodes_no_nose.jpg
186KB, 800x600px
Rhodes statue defaced in SA
>>
File: nelson's pillar.jpg (918KB, 3600x1432px) Image search: [Google]
nelson's pillar.jpg
918KB, 3600x1432px
it's pretty stupid

pic is Nelson's Pillar that used to stand in the center of Dublin, on the left
in the center is the result of an IRA bomb toppling Nelson from the pillar
and to the right is the shitty fucking modernist gigantic metal spire that replaced the pillar, an eyesore in the city now

I understand why the IRA blew it up, and the majority of people wanted it gone as well, but even the lad who blew it up hates the spire they replaced it with
>>
File: 1476105392064.png (144KB, 594x530px) Image search: [Google]
1476105392064.png
144KB, 594x530px
>>1887670
All of these upset me, but this one specifically pisss me off the most. I'm the son of third world immigrants myself so it doubly pisses me off that some people would voluntarily move to a white country... and then complain about "white privilege" or "black exclusion". They come to the house of the white man to tell the white man how horrible he is. Why the fuck would you do this?

And this is against FRANCE, the country with the single most fucking lenient colonial policy. The country that fucking allowed wealthy French-Africans to come to Paris to study. Almost all presidents of former French Africa upon its independence were educated in France. Senghor even came up with his Francophonie thingamajig because he considered maintaining close ties with France that important.

This gives me a pit in my stomach. I'm mad, I'm nauseous and I'm powerless because white people have become masochists who love nothing more than hearing how evil they are and apologizing for "crimes" that were committed when even their parents weren't alive.
>>
>>1887670
>come to france
>complain
Really makes me like black people more.
>>
>>1887659
>>1887678
This is perfectly justifiable. Rhodes was just another business man and everything he did for British Africa was for his own benefit. If they don't want him to be part of their past then they have a right to pull them down.

>>1887662
Put up by public subscription and now that public obviously doesn't want it. Justified.

>>1887670
>>1887673
>>1887675
Rather sad how the legacy of WW2 erases the point of these monuments, memorials to people who lost their lives in a war that had nothing to do with them.

>>1887685
>>1887690
I doubt Immigrants had anything to do with it. More like bleeding heart French uni students.
>>
File: IMG_0128.png (648KB, 784x942px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0128.png
648KB, 784x942px
>>1887685
This. If we came to their third world shitholes and blew up their monuments to Shaka Zulu, or whoever, they'd have a chimpout.
>>
>>1887700
What's with the 8 ball?
>>
>>1887690
Blacks are insane anon they whine about oppression yet wont get the fuck out of America even if that is the most logical way to avoid oppression.
>>
>>1887673
>leftists in charge of history
Germany should have won WWI desu.
>>
File: kill the boer.jpg (112KB, 625x421px) Image search: [Google]
kill the boer.jpg
112KB, 625x421px
>>1887695
you shouldn't just destroy everything even tangentially related to a 'bad' part of your history, and the majority of people who want to tear them down are sub-retard level IQ'd who just don't like the idea of da whyte man staring down at them and stupid white people who feel guilty for some reason like in the background of the OP picture
>>
File: Ghandi.jpg (81KB, 653x802px) Image search: [Google]
Ghandi.jpg
81KB, 653x802px
Ghandi statue South Africa
>>
>>1887675
The wrongly drawn swastika really sums these people up.
>>
>>1887724
Their opinions and feelings do matter. Rhodes is not someone they want to honor, and they have a right to express that by tearing down statues erected by his dead beneficiaries.
>>
File: zulus.jpg (55KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
zulus.jpg
55KB, 620x413px
>>1887732
no they don't, most of them would literally be classified as mentally retarded over here, granting them sentience is probably a step too far

it's pointless destruction to historical objects in moments of triumphalist rage
>>
>>1887707
It's black. Pool balls are used for natives. Asia gets yellow, America gets red, etc.
>>
>>1887728
Gandhi was a pedo.
>>
>>1887659
I'm okay with removal of statues through lawful processes. A statue doesn't need to exist forever. If it becomes an eyesore, and people decide they don't want to celebrate it, it's fair game to be removed. Having a statue erected doesn't mean people have to like it forever and ever.

Vandalism and iconoclast on the other hand, no. You can make political statements without vandalism. It's usually the case that the vandal has no appreciation of what they're defacing. They're just being edgy, and they don't think about what they're doing, it's just a form of self empowerment.

I mean, it might be barely justifiable if the vandal had a full appreciation of what the destruction meant as a political statement. They understand the respect a memorial commands, and they understand the meaning of it, and for that reason they destroy it.

Like if I destroy the temple on Temple mount, it's a shame if it's because some edgy emperor feels like fucking with the Jews. It's a different issue if the emperor realizing how fucking important the temple is, and it's for that reason it must be destroyed. I wish at least the destruction of monuments would be fully conscious and educated.

But you can tell a lot of times, it's just vandalism, and poorly thought out.
>>
>>1887682

I think that's the best possible response to defacement of public art.

> everybody gets miffed at somebody who died centuries ago because "muh racism/colonialism/exclusion/wah, I hate whitey!"
> monument gets blowed up/set on fire/pushed over
> replace monument with the ugliest, most indestructible eyesore possible

They should have put a gigantic bronze cock up there so the mackerel-chomping potato niggers could have fucking heart attacks every morning.
>>
>>1887659
I'm ok with it, fetishizing objects and collecting is a sign of decadence and an exhausted culture.
>>
>>1887732
>they have a right
Human rights was a mistake.
>>
File: nelson head.jpg (68KB, 624x498px)
nelson head.jpg
68KB, 624x498px
>>1887760
>"muh racism/colonialism/exclusion/wah, I hate whitey!"
none of these were the reason, you thick cunt, I said I understood why they blew the statue up

doesn't suit to have a giant statue of an Englishman looking down over the city and all the other monuments to Irish heroes
would've been grand if they blew up Nelson and put an Irishman in his place
>>
>>1887700

> sub Saharan Africans
> building monuments

Wew, lad.
>>
>>1887767

I was generalizing because most of the incidents of monument vandalism in this thread tend to be darkies angry about having never amounted to to anything and taking it out on statues of white people.

That being said, the Irish are scum. And I say that knowing full well that most of my ancestors were actual Irish people. The English should have purged those fucking clover monkeys.
>>
>>1887700
>Put antagonizing tribes in one colony
>They fight each other after independence
>>
File: qt and IRA vol.jpg (145KB, 1024x693px)
qt and IRA vol.jpg
145KB, 1024x693px
>>1887776
get fucked Sassyboi, your ancestors were probably shoneens anyhow if you're the culmination of their genetic line
>>
Literally Barbarians
>>
>>1887780

Eat a cock, you papist swine. My ancestors left your shit island because they were probably tired of fucking their cousins and getting diddled by priests. You inbred faggots deserve to get wiped out. It's a shame the Brits just got tired of shooting your dumb asses and left you be.
>>
File: uillean pipes.jpg (289KB, 960x940px) Image search: [Google]
uillean pipes.jpg
289KB, 960x940px
>>1887790
say that to my face not online and see what happens
>>
>>1887670
That's from Cape town. Just next to the Rhodes statue.
>>
>>1887659
Im not even westerner but this make me sad
>>
>>1887795
White*
>>
>>1887724
>you shouldn't just destroy everything even tangentially related to a 'bad' part of your history
To be fair, to the South Africans Rhodes isn't part of "their" history and to the Irish Nelson isn't part of "their" history. These cases are somewhat understandable, unlike the others that actually deface their own history.
>>
>>1887800
that statue was dedicated to Nelson because he cleared the Irish sea of pirates, and British history from the Act of Union to the Saor Stáit was Irish history to a great extent
I'm just annoyed by what they replaced it with, it made sense to blow it up since it was so huge and overshadowed monuments to Irish heroes

destroying a statue in a park is retarded though
>>
>>1887793

You'll get hung and the next 8 generations of your inbred ginger descendants will cry into their shitty brown, room temperature beer over it.

Fuck off, potato nigger.
>>
File: le smiling paki mayo.jpg (161KB, 1368x912px) Image search: [Google]
le smiling paki mayo.jpg
161KB, 1368x912px
>>1887821
hardly, England will be dead by then
>>
File: 25gs3d3.jpg (196KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
25gs3d3.jpg
196KB, 1600x1200px
Hitler's birth house is being prepped for demolition this very moment.

This is what happens when intolerant liberals get into power. They think that if something is out of sight it doesn't exist. I assume they've never heard the phrase, "those who erase the past are condemned to repeat it."

I'm flying to Austria on Monday just to see a piece of history before it's gone forever. Hopefully it's still standing when I get there.
>>
>>1887800
>Rhodes isn't part of their history
How isn't he? That's like claiming William the Bastard isn't part of English history.
>>
File: lenin.gif (2MB, 420x236px)
lenin.gif
2MB, 420x236px
>>
>>1887690
>allow subhumans to enter country
>they begin destroying things
France kinda had it coming
>>
>>1887950
the symbolism of this gif makes me hard
>>
>>1887918
Who cares about some irrelevant house? Hitler probably never ever lived here most of his life.
>>
>>1887875
>smiling paki mayor
his platform at least runs counter to all of the other brown dominated labour areas
still doesn't look like it will do much for Fabric
>>
>>1887918
To be fair, what value does that house even have other than "Hitler lived there for a little while"? The French probably demolished Napoleon's favorite café a long time ago, because it has no intrinsic cultural value.
>>
File: Grauwe_Eeuw.png (248KB, 600x355px)
Grauwe_Eeuw.png
248KB, 600x355px
>http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/26880751/__Historisch_erfgoed_beklad__.html
Netherlands: statues of Coen and Bontekoe defaced by "de Grauwe Eeuw", because they're against colonialism.

A Belgian statue of Leopold II had a hand sawed off several years back, it was never found.

>>1887732
>they have a right to destroy public property
>>
>>1888020
>A Belgian statue of Leopold II had a hand sawed off several years back, it was never found.
At least they have bantz.
>>
>>1887659
They have to make a new piece of art in its place and a large diverse board of art historians must analyze its quality to see if it's at or above the level of the thing destroyed.
>>
>>1888020
>A Belgian statue of Leopold II had a hand sawed off several years back
top bantz
>>
>>1887712
>Ring wingers in charge of history
>>
>>1887767
>would've been grand if they blew up Nelson and put an Irishman in his place

The fucking irony here is that Nelson was born in Dublin to Irish Protestant parents.

NELSON WAS FUCKING IRISH
>>
File: 1462985446653.jpg (97KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1462985446653.jpg
97KB, 768x1024px
>>1887769
There is one
>>
File: execution of emmet.jpg (148KB, 879x687px) Image search: [Google]
execution of emmet.jpg
148KB, 879x687px
>>1888050
Anglo-Irish and they tended to swing heavily to the side of conservatism and Unionism
it certainly wouldn't have gotten blown up if it was a statue of Parnell or Emmett, kek
>>
>>1888020
>A Belgian statue of Leopold II had a hand sawed off several years back, it was never found.
To be fair, what has Leopold II even done that would justify the Belgians taking pride in him. If I were Belgian, I'd rather see that statue replaced by that of a king who did something worth remembering, like Albert who took his tiny country and managed to delay the German invasion in WW1 long enough for the French to get their shit together.
>>
>>1887776
>>1887790
>admits to having irish ancestors
>has a hate boner for ireland and catholicism
Kek, if you hate your blood that much why not off yourself?
>>
>>1888020
>Leopold II had a hand sawed off
That's actually pretty great.
>>
>>1887987
That's the point. The only real ties it has to Hitler is that it's his birth location. He moved away a short time later. The big deal is that even though it's a protected house due to its age and history, liberals are going to any lengths necessary to remove any history that they don't like.

>>1888017
The house is extensively documented, is protected, and has a moderately high value. The government has kept control over the lease to prevent the house being sold. There was no problem with the house standing since its construction and again no problem from 1945 until 2015 but all of a sudden there is a problem. It's history. Whether you like it or not it should not be torn down, especially when it's this small of a magnitude. Massive statues of Stalin or Lenin in Poland or East Germany is a different story but a house, come on...

The point I'm trying to make is that you should never deny your history and should never ever try to erase it. It's extremely sad that some people hate themselves so much that they would destroy their own land, culture, people, and country.
>>
>>1887670
Thats in SA
>>
Don't care much for it. It's just a reflex of the political climate of the time. IE angry hohols destroying Lenin statues and pro Russian donyestk restoring them.
>>
>>1888201
Well, there is difference between "erasing history" and just destroying "some old house". Second is kind of necessary to not live in a literal mud hats, because they are so vintage and ancient. Shame of course, that people are blind to historical value of Hitlers Young Years.
>>
>>1887779
>every ethnicity a nation is the only way to fix Africa
>but how dare you not want to live with migrants or mexicans
w e w
>>
>>1887800
Rhodes literally laid down the foundations of modern South Africa
>>
>>1888220
This house is in great condition and is surrounded by other buildings of the same style and age. The government appointed commission has stated that the only reason they are interested in tearing it down is because they don't want the house to become a pilgrimage sight for neo nazis, even though it never has been.

It hasn't been a problem for the last 71 years, why is it now?
>>
>>1887798
one does not have to be white to be western, nor western to be white
>>1888051
>Decent looking statue overlooking a shitty city where the money should've gone
This kind of thing is why africa will always be irrelevant, or a pest to the international community, and nothing else.
>>
>>1888238
Not do mention that even if they tear it down; its location will still be a neo nazi pilgrimage point.

They just want to damnatio memoriae Hitler
>>
>>1888051
It looks really great but they should have put it up after developing things, sort of like a reward for themselves. Some people will say money shouldn't have been spent on it at all, I disagree, but they should have put it up in a more sincere context.
>>
>>1887659
Justified but rude. If you object to honoring a person you disagree with, but the status in a museum exhibit about his or her misdeeds.
>>
>>1888089
>Hating Catholicism
>Hating your own blood
Do not compute
You maybe meant Irish Christianity which the Popes made sure to wipe out?
>>
Well, I'm not sure, am I REALLY againts it?

I don't like the taking down of statues, I would prefer it to be preserved somewhere instead of just broken anyways.

>>1888051
This is the thing that best korea build right?
>>
>>1888278
there was also the whole

>The English should have purged those fucking clover monkeys.

yoke, but you're probably some yank retard saturated by /pol/ trash
>>
>>1887685
>>1887690
>>
>>1887659
Jus like any other cultural destruction it's stupid, a defacement, comes from a unappreciation for your own or other cultures; and a loss of knowledge for current and future generations
>>
>>1888285
You are probably some papist anally infringed choirboy not understanding how stupid just putting "catholic" in there makes things look.
>>
>>1888319
>Catholic Church support the Norman conquest of the Irish to destroy their culture
>Try to save the little that's left of it only when England goes Proddie
Thank you papa.
>>
>>1888330
>Norman conquest of the Irish to destroy their culture
you have no idea what you're on about, the Normans were integrating into Irish society and some Lords even started adopting and adhering to the Brehon Laws, it wasn't until the Plantations and Penal Laws that shit started to go real bad
besides the eternal Leinsterman invited them in to begin with and the Pope who asked the Welsh-Normans to invade was an Englishman, one of the only ever English Popes
>>
>>1887685
I believe it's in South Africa, which is more understandable - not that it's justified
>>
>>1887690
90% of the time shit like this is just retarded middle-class students. They'll grow out of it
>>
Some Brazilian leftists have defaced a statue for the Bandeirantes just before the municipal elections, but it backfired and the left-wing candidate lost hard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandeirantes

Bandeirantes were not really good people. They were slavers and ruthless, but they also expanded Brazilian territory into the interior of South America so they are well respected. Without them, Brazil wouldn't exist as it does now.

But leftists only care about "muh oppression" so any historical legacy dealing with conquest must be erased.
>>
>>1887682
Fucking noice, the world's largest monument to heroin.
>>
>>1887728
I guess they're just jelly that they have no one of any great distinction to put up a statue of. And of course Gandhi looked down on blacks, who wouldn't, especially at the time? They really were smelly uneducated literal spear-chuckers.
>>
>>1887750
He liked teen pussy, as any red-blooded man does. That's not the same as being a 'pedo'.
>>
>>1888342
This.

Norman names are stereotypical Irish names.
>>
>>1887678
Black envy at work
>>
File: irish chiefs.jpg (647KB, 2588x3072px)
irish chiefs.jpg
647KB, 2588x3072px
>>1888462
they're just as common around my area as native Gaelic names
>>
File: colon-estatua-efe1--644x362.jpg (55KB, 644x362px) Image search: [Google]
colon-estatua-efe1--644x362.jpg
55KB, 644x362px
Columbus statue in Buenos Aires
>>
File: 1231313131.jpg (15KB, 600x581px) Image search: [Google]
1231313131.jpg
15KB, 600x581px
>>1887659
>>1887662
>>1887667
>>1887670
>>1887673
>>1887675
>>1887678
>>
>>1888050
You're thinking of Wellington m8
>>
>>1887918
They are not. It's still uncertain what they'll do, though some town officials would like to tear it down. Hitler was born there and his family left when he was an infant. He himself would probably shrug about its demolition, as a distant faded memory.

Hitler there for less than 3 years... versus 60 years where it's been a bank, a library, a social help centre for retards, and school rooms. I'm no crypto-nazi fanboy, but destroying an old building because some tard lived there at a time when he was still shitting in a rag seems stupid. It's a shrine to neo-nazis? Rent it to some Jewish or do-gooder organization then, whatever.
>>
>>1888319
Jesus it's the autist from /int/
>>
>>1887918
>This is what happens when intolerant liberals get into power
>HURR DURR LIBERULS MAYMAY
Seriously, you should learn what the word actually fucking means. Throwing it around to mean anything remotely 'left' of what you believe only succeeds in making you look like a shit stain.
>>
>>1888543
But they've already agreed to demolish it and replace it with a modern eyesore. Even the interior minister is in favor of demolition.

>http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/adolf-hitler-geburtshaus-in-braunau-am-inn-wird-abgerissen-a-1117028.html

>http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/house-adolf-hitler-born-to-be-torn-down-austria-interior-minister-a7365921.html

>http://www.wsj.com/articles/hitlers-birth-house-to-be-razed-and-replaced-1476729581

>http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37682298

I agree that it's stupid to think of such a building as a shrine because someone happened to be born there but to tear it down because of that is madness. Hitler lived there as an infant for less than a few years. The only reason I'm upset is because the only reason they want to tear it down is to remove it from history and from sight. It is by far no means a Neo-Nazi pilgrimage sight like the (((mass media))) likes to claim. I just watched a video from Tagesschau and they claimed that some Hungarian tourists with shaved heads are Neo-Nazis wreaking havoc upon the town when all they do is stop for a photo and continue on their day spending tourist euros. It's merely a leftist agenda ploy.
>>
>>1888575
It's hard to argue that it's not liberal politics in mind when they actually said that the only reason to demolish it is to stop it from becoming a Neo-Nazi pilgrimage sight even though it hasn't been a problem for the last 71 years.

It's only the green and liberal parties advocating for its demolition with a few people from the conservative parties.

Back to leftypol for you
>>
>>1887659
Way to fight the countless blacks being killed and the AIDS epidemic effecting blacks

This is nothing but an echo chamber and boogeyman to escape real world issues.
>>
>>1888020
not mad at this
>>
>>1888613
Again, you don't seem to understand what the word 'liberal' means. You've probably had American neo-conservative cock down your throat so deep and long that it's cut off oxygen to your brain. But again liberal ≠ 'lefty'. Liberal is liberal, lefty is lefty. The process you're describing is quite clearly some kind of neo-marxist lefty thing, which is not what Liberalism is.

Like I said, throwing it around as a catchall for anything remotely left of your own politics makes you look like a shit stain. This is an international board.
>>
>>1887950
There is literally no way that wasn't intentional.
>>
>>1888728
Ukrainian crane operators are true master-benders of space-time.
>>
>>1888051
it's a shame to have such a nice statue overlooking fucking squalor.,
>>
>>1888201
>>1888220
I think the point is, it is a great example of architexture from a period that usually people are fighting to preserve. Instead of this, the govt wants to tear it down because they fear a resurgence in Nazisim. Fear is the mind killer.
>>
>>1889059
nice false dichotomy, stormtrooper.
>>
>>1889059
>that butch niggress weirdo on the logo
>>
File: 1388x540.jpg (63KB, 960x540px)
1388x540.jpg
63KB, 960x540px
>>1887659
If you wanted your statues to stay where they were maybe you should've asked the natives for permission first.
>>
>>1889285
god that Mugabe statue is probably the most kekworthy thing I've ever seen
>>
>>1889292
The one in the middle was made in North Korea.
>>
File: antifa.jpg (48KB, 638x425px)
antifa.jpg
48KB, 638x425px
so does french lefties hate De Gaulle our something?
>>
>>1889363
Please tell me that is real and not a shop
>>
File: 1472866007554.jpg (48KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
1472866007554.jpg
48KB, 600x396px
>>1887659
murricans pulled down statues of the king, so no reason these people can't pull down statues of a businessman.
>>
File: 1473437811049.jpg (267KB, 1168x960px)
1473437811049.jpg
267KB, 1168x960px
>>1887762
>mfw we decide to test the idols of the past with a sledgehammer
>>
File: thread.jpg (4MB, 3064x6096px)
thread.jpg
4MB, 3064x6096px
>>1888546
Hello :^)
>>
File: 1470764433417.gif (628KB, 516x402px) Image search: [Google]
1470764433417.gif
628KB, 516x402px
Why would you destroy and deface statues and art? Even if it supposedly symbolizes Muh oppression, what does this accomplish besides making them look like ignorant savages?
>>
>>1887678
meh, it´s an old tradition
>>
>>1888020
I'm okay with this, it's making more of a "statement" instead of just defacing and destroying it
>>
>>1889303
Really? You can barely tell...
>>
>>1889363
>16-years old
>clear wrinkles on brows
>>
File: stalinstatuehead.jpg (162KB, 1268x1037px)
stalinstatuehead.jpg
162KB, 1268x1037px
>>1887659
depends, I'm sure the same people who would throw a fit over most of the examples ITT would support s/t like pic related
>>
>>1889363
whether he's a children or not aside, this really makes me sad desu, he just want better live

i know this kind of sentiment will be shitposted since its 4chan, but still
>>
It's stupid to vandalize historical monuments. At the same time I care very little for the idea of monuments.
>>
Louisiana fag here. After the Charleston Shooting and that big scramble to purge any confederate iconography from public view, there was this executive decision by the mayor to remove several civil war era statues from New Orleans, including the famous Lee's Circle. This was back in 2015 and it was supposed to happen immediately, but it got thrown into a bureaucratic nightmare by people who still wanted them up and now its almost 2017 and the statues are still standing. Some contractor who was supposed to do it even had his Ferrari burned over it.

And now after that complete bread and circus failure to appease dindus and #BLM, they tried to start a whole thing against the statue of Andrew Jackson in Jacksons square, since he was racist as well, and surprisingly enough, it never took off. Even the local news painted these protesters as nothing better to do busy bodies and had a real "oh just fuck off" attitude towards them. They even had some young black girl on the news saying how it was kind of dumb

This is all because New Orleans is a dumpster fire of a city and the mayor thinks he can build up his approval ratings by destroying statues of "racist white men" built in the 1800s.
>>
>>1887819

Lenin wasnt a jew
>>
>>1890052
Then you can keep him, but you alone have to walk him every day, and feed him and clean up his mess.

>>1890062
>It's stupid
Bold argument, anon.
>>
>>1887918

on one hand, its seems dumb and petty to destroy a house just because a dictator was born there

on the other, I can see the symbolic meaning of such an action. Im willing to bet a bunch of neo-nazis go to that building as a place of worship
>>
>>1890116
But <<<Lenin>>> was a Reptilian.
>>
>>1890128
>Im willing to bet a bunch of neo-nazis go to that building as a place of worship
That's a losing bet, but even if they did, so what?
>>
>>1890143

reptilians arent real, just give it up already
>>
>>1890128
If they do indeed go there as a pilgrimage site (which you have no proof of) destroying it changes nothing. They'll just pay their respects at the "site where Hitler's house used to be before those kikes destroyed it" instead of "Hitler's house"
>>
>>1890148
Good mammal
>>
>>1890147
>but even if they did, so what?

It sort of allows and justifies such thoughts, and when the government does something like bulldoze the dudes house, its putting it in the zeitgiest of the country that "this shit is fucking over. move on"
>>
>>1890050
Considering Rhode was a douchebag who started a war that led to massive deaths for Boers and Blacks, broke a lot of agreements and deals and backstabbed a lot, war monger on the British empires dime attempted to take over Johannesburg, helped develop the foundations of apartheid.

Like I don't care about the statue being up or down but Cecil was a dick and not even the one where it's like he has a redeeming factor but flat out dick. Out of all the peoples in SA the only people he didn't be a dick to were British South Africans.
>>
>>1890158
>not wasting resources and time on blowing up a building that coincidentally Hitler lived in allows and justifies Hitler's thoughts
Was it autism?
>>
>>1889499
People destroy commie memorials or statues, Sadam's statue was taken down.
>>
>>1890123
If vandalism wasn't a crime, it wouldn't be stupid. I hope that makes more sense. Like I said I care very little for monuments. They can do whatever they want.
>>
>>1887700

Botswana would dispute on that
>>
>>1887670
>Spotlight fallacy
>Via 9gag.com
Literally didn't heard of that, and we're in the middle of a political campaign with Le Pen polling at 25%. This vandalism happened only once.
Also,
>in France
>slogan in English
Purely impossible.
>>
>>1887958

>blacks
>subhuman

And yet here you are
>>
>>1890191
French youth are edgy and use anglo terms, not to mention it might have been migrants who know more English than French.
>>
>>1890188
And many other okay or well off Black states but those countries get conventionally ignored.

Same way how you can show off to a guy who thinks Asians aren't creative and is really deadset in believing so but when you show him Asian and diaspora creativty they just brush it aside or say shit like "Diaspora don't count" or "that's only a few out of the entire population.
>>
>>1890195
Every civilization has accomplished something except black people.
>>
>>1887659
Makes me hella upset but nothing gets me harder than iconoclasm.
>>
>all these fucking classcucks ITT
destroying statues is not fucking bad cucks its called liberation smash the fucking fascist shit statues
>>
>>1889303
Isn't making statues for insane 3rd world dictators one of the norks main exports?
>>
>>1890215
fuck you fascist piece of shit fucking debate me i'll intellectually kick your facist ass
>>
>>1890198
>migrants
They have barely enough to eat and sleep. Why would they attract attention to them like that ?

>French youth are edgy and use anglo terms
Memes. French youth is either apoliticised as fuck if they are black/muslim, or white-I-don't-see-race leftist, or rightist. And they don't use anglo terms.
Not to mention the spotlight fallacy. If I take 300 photos of Paris near the Seine, it doesn't prove that Paris exists only near the Seine.
>>
>>1890229
racist fascist piece of shit classcuck FUCK YOUR OPINIONS the opinions of fascists dont fucking matter you racist piece of shit
>>
>>1890231
(vous)
>>
>>1890231
nice falseflagging
>>
File: francedf.jpg (1MB, 1891x2800px) Image search: [Google]
francedf.jpg
1MB, 1891x2800px
>>1890229
>Why would they attract attention to them like that ?

are you actually this retarded or are you just memeing?
>>
>>1890229
>Why would they attract attention to them like that ?

What a stupid fucking question. Are all migrants completely logical robots, and can't get angry?

>French youth is either apoliticised as fuck if they are black/muslim

Totes bro, that's why they're more radical than their forefathers right?
>>
>>1890254
SPOTLIGHT FALLACY
>>1890253
>let me tell you about your country
>>
oh no a bunch of rocks that looked like something got turned into a bunch of rocks that just look like rocks, i'm so distraught over this i'm going to go cry myself to sleep
>>
>>1890271
You keep using that word. Statistically the children and grandchildren of immigrants are on average more radical than their parents and grandparents.
>>
File: file.png (338KB, 556x302px)
file.png
338KB, 556x302px
>>1890288
oh no a bunch of carbon molecules that looked like something got turned into a bunch of carbon molecules that look different, i'm so distraught over this i'm going to go cry myself to sleep
>>
>>1890310
Agreed. We don't need this either.
>>
File: enough.jpg (14KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
14KB, 600x384px
>>1887675
FUCKING UNGRATEFUL FROGSHITS
>>
>>1890210

Uh huh

http://www.asbmb.org/asbmbtoday/asbmbtoday_article.aspx?id=32437

http://www.unesco.org/new/fileadmin/MULTIMEDIA/HQ/CLT/pdf/P_Lovejoy_African_Contributions_Eng_01.pdf
>>
It's better to have them moved to museums.
>>
>>1887950
I can't stop laughing at it.
>>
>>1890271
>>let me tell you about your country

not an argument. If immigrants are willing to murder you faggots in droves, then why would they be scared of graffiti? Especially when subservient beta males like you populate the country who will defend them no matter what?
>>
>>1887950

Fuck Lenin indeed. I'll never forgive what he did to Nestor
>>
File: pametnik.jpg (347KB, 709x531px)
pametnik.jpg
347KB, 709x531px
>occupy my country
>kill off the elite
>make my country a huge shithole
>erect thousands of monument of gratitude
>IT'S HISTORY YOU'RE LITERALLY ISLAMIST FASCIST IF YOU WANT TO REMOVE THEM
>>
>People destroy Rhodes/ Lenin/ hate-lightning-rod-of-the-week statue.
>"Great. He was a fucking scumbag and a monster. Good riddance."

>Islamists destroy Buddha statue.
>"REEEEEEEEE HOW CAN THEY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HISTORY AND CULTURE? ONLY MONSTERS DESTROY THINGS JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T AGREE WITH THEM!"
>>
>>1890515
How much people did Buddha kill?
>>
File: augustus.jpg (53KB, 400x600px)
augustus.jpg
53KB, 400x600px
>>1889499
I get what you're saying but on the other hand there's no reason why art should be sacrosanct without exception, especially when almost anything can be considered art. Some shitty shovel ware bronze statue is not the same as pic related
>>
>>1888476
I'm still mad.
Genocide all people with native blood.
>>
>>1890515
>Islamists destroy Buddha statue.

This happened all the time in history not even that long ago so I don't know why people sperg so much about it. Even then those statues get notice because of the destruction. Barely anyone knows that Afghanistan was Buddhist for a period. Nor will people care about the destruction both physical and mental when it from people they support or align with.
>>
>>1890561
It's honestly pretty silly expecting people to revere certain figures the same way you do. Autistic even.

It's like "this shitty statue should stay up just because I said so" and said person doesn't even live to see the eye sore (really rampant in East Europe with people defending shitty Soviet memorials) or even know the history of the stature of figure. It's also a form of cultural bondage in a way.
>>
>>1890529

How many souls have been damned by his lies?

My point is that people are hypocrites about this and many things. All perpective.
>>
>>1887670
Thats from South Africa
>>
>>1890514
>improve your shitty life so you can post this

Really makes you think
>>
>>1890732
>something that he could theoretically do vs something you can objectively do

Based autismo
>>
File: grin.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
grin.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>1888020
>>
>>1890771
In Kinshasa some culture minster tried to put it up in 2005 and it was abruptly taken down a few hours later. I don't know what type of shit he smoked to think putting a statue of Leopold back up in the capital is a good idea.
>>
giving black people human rights was a mistake
>>
>>1890853
edgy
>>
The only reason the awesome Marcus Aurelius statue survived, is the Christians mistook him for Constantine instead of a pagan emperor. It wasn't until after all the iconoclasm of non-Christian things, did they realize it wasn't the emperor they thought it was.
>>
>>1890853
The Boers /pol/cucks worship started these protests against Rhodes' statues in the 50s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Rhodes#Opposition
>>
>>1888445
>I guess they're just jelly that they have no one of any great distinction to put up a statue of
Mandela ya moron.
>>
>>1890968
He's the obvious examples but there are others.
Among the groups such as Coloureds, Afrikaners, English or Indians there are plenty to pick.
>>
>>1887767

>no statue of the big fella instead

They had one job
>>
>>1887659
We tore down a ton of Saddam statues, it's pretty hypoc....

I forgot I'm on the "white victimhood" website.
>>
>>1891157
/thread
>>
>>1889352
I recall reading that during WW1 he was a P.O.W., and his cellmate was Russian 2nd LT Mikhail Tukhachevsky (later became Marshal of the Soviet Union before he was purged), who recalled that De Gaulle would rant about Jews, stating they were "dogs who spread their fleas throughout the world". Apparently he also ranted about nihilism and would play the violin, so I guess maybe that's part of the hate
>>
File: dio laugh.gif (246KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dio laugh.gif
246KB, 320x240px
>>1888020
>A Belgian statue of Leopold II had a hand sawed off several years back, it was never found
>>
>>1887732
The holocaust hurts my feels so I demand it be purged from the history books and all memorials to it be torn down.
>>
>>1891157
>>1891252
saddam wasn't history yet

>"white victimhood"
>dude, victim olympics lmao
>>
>>1891364
He is now.
>>
>>1891353
Remembering is different from celebrating.
>>
>>1887670
Remember at the 100th anniversary of Verdun where they had a "FUCK FRANCE, FUCK WHITE PEOPLE" rapper as the entertainment for the ceremonies and then a bunch of young people trampled all over the battlefield?
>>
>>1887670
>>1887673
>>1887675
There were actually done by white supremacists in a "hey rabbi whatcha doin?" moment
>>
>>1890515
The difference between blowing up a 2000 year old wall carving vs. an 80 year old statue of some 20th century dictator is not just 'perspective' and you know it.
>>
>>1892020

Yeah but Rhodes was fucken cool. The destruction of his statue by liberals just reinforces it.
>>
>>1890968
I knew some Mandela fanboy would say something, but is a figure-head, he didn't actually 'do' anything too extraordinary. His personal history is also bloody and was by all intents and purposes a terrorist, even if you think it was justified.

The one thing is that he pursued a non-aggressive reconciliatory tone with his former captors. But I'd say that had as much to do with the spirit of the times and the decision to let him out in the fist place.
>>
>>1891157
The Iraq invasion has been a clusterfuck since day one and was clearly illegal, but at least the locals generally wanted Saddam torn down too, there's little doubt about that.
>>
>>1892027
>Rhodes was fucken coo
Prove it, /pol/fag.
>>
>>1890128
> Im willing to bet a bunch of neo-nazis go to that building as a place of worship

That's exactly the reason why they don't want it. They don't need some neo-nazi scum making pilgrimages to to their city.
>>
>>1887670
This is at my university in Cape Town. Not France. That was done during the protests in February.
>>
>>1892061

He annoyed liberals, which is cool enough in my book.

He did hurt the afrikaners, which was a negative though.
>>
>>1892020

Yes it is, as you just demonstrated.
>>
>>1888234
To elaborate on this anon's point, the Rhodes statue was at UCT, the university which he founded. Literally the university exist because of him. If they want to get rid of all traces of "the legacy of Rhodes and colonialism" they'll have to burn the whole place down.
>>
File: CVlAXgOXIAA72ir.png (4KB, 366x26px)
CVlAXgOXIAA72ir.png
4KB, 366x26px
>>1892108

Racisttttttttt
>>
>>1890732
Literally kill yourself Christcuck
>>
File: a98.jpg (78KB, 683x582px)
a98.jpg
78KB, 683x582px
>>1890514
>>occupy my country
>>kill off the elite
>>make my country a huge shithole
>>erect thousands of monument of gratitude
>>IT'S HISTORY YOU'RE LITERALLY ISLAMIST FASCIST IF YOU WANT TO REMOVE THEM

>we never have enough money for anything
>but lets waste thousands and thousands of slavdollars tearing them down
>tearing down statues will surely fucking reverse the effects of communism

The reason this nation is a shithole isn't because of communism, it is because of the mentality of shits like you.
>it is never our fault
>it is the turks/tzar/krauts/commies/krauts fault
>>
>>1892079
Actually no. He was essentially a Liberal and most liberals at the time would have been in the same mind as him.

It's embarrassing how you slobbering /pol/fags fail at basic terminology. Less Limbaugh and Hannity.
>>
>>1892083
No, it isn't.
>>
>>1887659
>>1887662
>>1887667
>>1887678
>>1887724
Well, you white south africans are welcome back. Just don't confuse your niggers with our niggers. Most of our niggers are from former french colonies. So they won't understand your jokes about how the brits forced you to eat pudding. ;-)

>>1890104
Probably just waited for an excuse.

>>1890253
Oh, for fucks sake!

>>1890299
Because, they live between two worlds. Because, the society disregards them.

>hurr durr le extortion racket

Ok, how about this? East L.A. Cocksucker Gang Bang Hood Rat Territory Skidrow Ghetto - a place where's theres nothing to do for the young kids. There's no after school centres. No safe and nice playgrounds. The streets are littered and so on. If you wanna play outside, it's on your own back yard under the strict surveillance of an elder relative. The gangs have an easy time recruiting kids.

So when the shit hits the fan, the police must stomp down, allright. But the cost is much higher than if there was investments made in the area to de-slum it and to drain the pond for the gangs.

The same logic applies to the suburbs of Europe. (Yeah, it's the inner cities that are upper class in Europe. Betcha didn't know that, honey?)

>>1887784
>>1887950
>>1888282
>>1888282
Not apples and oranges, but a small apple compared to an orchard.

>>1887728
Actually serves him right.

>>1887743
>tfw the zulus and Inkatha was against ANC

>>1888319
>implying there's no irish culture left
What is hurling and abuse of children in churches? The Vatican only gave them a new arena.
>>
>>1888426
kek, heroin finally gets the recognition it deserves.
>>
>>1890158
Tear up the Autobahn while you're at it, that'll show the baldies what's what.
>>
>>1887659
Pretty normal, when an invading force reaches your lands you can expect your shit to be destroyed. Things that represent you like your religion or your art will be destroyed. Personally I don't care about statues or artifacts, just knowing they were once there is good enough for me.
>>
>>1889460
>being this smug about having autism
>>
>>1887728
as an Indian, its pretty incredible to see a statue of gandhi with hair and dressed as a lawyer.
>>
>>1892063
But there haven't been Neo-Nazi pilgrimages for the last 71 years. What makes you think that all of a sudden there will be?

And even if, so what? They stop for a picture or two, spend a few tourist shekels and then they're gone. Do you think they sacrifice a Jew right in front of the house or something?
>>
>>1892816
The Natal Indian Congress, which Gandhi made. Was the inspiration for the ANC.
>>
>>1890271
>let me tell you about your country

You're such a cuck, dude. Yes, plenty of migrants have barely enough to eat, it doesn't stop some shitheads jumping in the migration train to fuck our country up.

Dozens of french lives are more valuable to me than hundreds of theirs. I fucking wish the government stopped immigration after the first incident, but they're to leftists to care.
>>
File: 1447889432058.png (33KB, 917x1186px)
1447889432058.png
33KB, 917x1186px
>>1890229
>They have barely enough to eat and sleep. Why would they attract attention to them like that ?

do decadent leftists really believe this
>>
>>1888051

A quick Google search shows that was built and designed by North Korea.
>>
>>1891157
>faster Jamal, I want her bred by tonight
>>
File: [raughing intensifies].gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
[raughing intensifies].gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>1888020
That's fucking aces
>>
>>1890567
>Genocide all people living in Latin America
>>
>>1887659

they're just buttmad a white man built their country
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.