/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What matters more?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: alex.jpg (260KB, 1577x813px) Image search: [Google]
alex.jpg
260KB, 1577x813px
Leaders? Thinkers? Technologists?

Which has the greatest effect on humanity and the direction of society?

Alexander the Great? Aristotle? Archimedes?

They aren't exactly complete contemporaries, but who matters more?

Who would you rather be?
>>
They all play a significant role in the world. The thinkers envision the goals, the technologists invent the means to achieve them better, and the leaders utilize the means and take us to our goals.

It's like if the leader was the pilot, the thinker had the map, and the technologist made the plane.

I'd rather be the leader, but I'd be happy enough as the thinker. I'm not really any of them though.
>>
It is hard to compare broad group of a leaders with broad group of technologist. There exist inventions and technology that changed world more than any greatest leaders, for example.
>>
I would say that the leaders matter less in the end because they can't really change society on deep, meaningful level. Power is always zero sum game. If you exclude Alexander, then someone else take title of the greatest ruler. All borders and all states would be different but majority of people lives stay the same. Exclude guy who comes up with some important original ideas and they are gone forever.
>>
None of them matter. History is a catastrophic avalanche of man's failure to become God. All historical events and persons are threaded together in a never-ending chain of causality. Not only will we never know what might have happened if, say, Einstein died in infancy, the point is: it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>1884544
>I would say that the leaders matter less in the end because they can't really change society on deep, meaningful level.
Why don't you think so? Individuals like Alexander the Great, Caesar, Charlemagne, Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun, Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, etc. all seem to still have a lasting impact on the world.
>>
>>1884697
What exactly was their impact on lives of people?! Their empires barely outlived them if not collapsed even before their death.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.