[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does nobody every talk about the Eastern Front in WWI?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1432087046711.jpg (2MB, 1044x1605px) Image search: [Google]
1432087046711.jpg
2MB, 1044x1605px
Why does nobody every talk about the Eastern Front in WWI?
>>
there weren´t much trenches there, armies had more space
>>
>>1881186
The western front lasted the whole war, so I believe that's why it gets the most coverage. Still deserves attention.
>>
>>1881186
Because it was all sorta nullified
The front ended because Russia had a couple revolutions and the government backed out
But all the gains Germany made as a result were overruled when they lost in the West
also Russian logistics are cringeworthy to talk about
>>
File: IvansWar.png (207KB, 942x530px) Image search: [Google]
IvansWar.png
207KB, 942x530px
>>1881186
There wasn't that much to talk about, with Nicholas sending his men in the war, then back really fast.
>>
>>1881186
It was embarrassing for both Austrians and Russian
>>
>>1881186

You know, I've seen month by month fore breakdown across fronts for Germany in WW2. That in, for example, September of 1943, they had X divisions in France and Y divisions in Italy and Z divisions in the USSR.

I've never seen anything comparable for Germany's force commitment in WW1. I've never been entirely sure as to how much of their forces were split between France and Russia in say, 1915 and 1916. Does anyone have any pertinent information?
>>
>>1881186
Because it wasn't a war, it was a slaughter of Russian shit-tier army.
>>
>>1881313
And yet they had a better kill ratio than in Round 2
>>
>>1881324
I wonder why...Perhaps because Willy was not genocidal maniac?
>>
>>1881186
To be fair, among normies, the Eastern front of WWII is almost as anonymous as that of WWI

In a more specific sense, I think it has to do with the fact that immediately after the disengagement of Russia from WWI, most Russian soldiers found themselves fighting and dying for another 5 years in the subsequent internal conflict between the Red and White armies.

Not only did this conflict overshadow WWI in a sense, it also wiped out most veterans of WWI. Once the Bolsheviks won, any Whites were either killed or ostracized to prison colonies in Siberia, where they would likely be killed by starvation. The Reds who survived were also likely to be later imprisoned or executed in the power struggles following Lenin's death, or during the military purge of the 30's.

Whereas we in the West had numerous first-hand accounts of the war readily available to us, the veterans of the Eastern front were largely gone by the beginning of the Second World War.
>>
>>1881298
Not for the Russians on the Austrian front though.
>>
It was pretty much like this:
>ebil austrians, we'll teach them a lesson and save Serbia!
>oh no the krauts are coming, send a shitload of people to Prussia
>Why is Serbia killing our austrian people? Just stand down, cease and desist ;_;
>Why is russia advancing through Galicia? We austrians are better than this ;_;
>Holy shit, why are the germans coming to help us, we austrians are supposed to be better than this ;_;
>Nicholas, stop your vacation along the front, your men hate you for bringint hem to the meat grinder. Also, fix your goddamn supply lines, you walking retard.
>we germans rule, let's advance!
>Why are the russians entering Hungary, we austrians are supposed to be better than this ;_;
>we'll take this from here on, follow us germans, you little austrian gayboys
>holy shit those krauts are serious business, let's run from Galicia and Poland!
>seems like the russians are more or less contained and are suffering internal strife, let's take half of our forces to fuck with the western powers, Romania and Serbia.

And the classic
>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, STUPID TURK SHITS, STOP KILLING ARMENIANS IN THE EAST AND MAKE AN EFFORT TO ATTACK RUSSIA THROUGH GEORGIA TO DIVERT RUSSIANF ORCES FROM EUROPE PROPER
>fucking turks are a piece of shit, they even lost their influence in Iran, Iraq, etc, why the fuck are the british advancing through the desert!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.