[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South American Indian Connection To Easter Island Culture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: Karajia1.jpg (75KB, 810x858px) Image search: [Google]
Karajia1.jpg
75KB, 810x858px
I was wandering around Wikipedia and came across the attached pic at the link below and thought these ancient Chachapoyan Indian funerary statues from the Andes, look suspiciously like the Moai statues of Easter Island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chachapoya_culture

“The anthropomorphous sarcophagi resemble imitations of funeral bundles provided with wooden masks typical of the "Middle Horizon", a dominant culture on the coast and highlands, also known as the Tiwanaku–Wari culture. The "mausoleums" may be modified forms of the chullpa or pucullo, elements of funeral architecture observed throughout the Andes, especially in the Tiwanaku and Wari cultures.”
>>
File: Easter Island Moai statues.jpg (546KB, 1024x751px) Image search: [Google]
Easter Island Moai statues.jpg
546KB, 1024x751px
>>1877594
>these ancient Chachapoyan Indian funerary statues from the Andes, look suspiciously like the Moai statues of Easter Island.
>>
>>1877594
I read that the easter Islanders and some others polynesisns cultivated potatoes which aren't native to those isles they must have taken them from South America
>>
File: sweet potato.png (794KB, 985x692px) Image search: [Google]
sweet potato.png
794KB, 985x692px
>>1877597

I’ll also add that the sweet potato, extensively farmed by the Polynesians, is a New World crop;

“The sweet potato was grown in Polynesia before western exploration. Sweet potato has been radiocarbon-dated in the Cook Islands to 1000 AD, and current thinking is that it was brought to central Polynesia around 700 AD, possibly by Polynesians who had traveled to South America and back, and spread across Polynesia to Hawaii and New Zealand from there.[14][15] It is possible, however, that South Americans brought it to the Pacific, although this is unlikely as it was the Polynesians who had a strong maritime tradition and not the Native South Americans. The theory that the plant could spread by floating seeds across the ocean is not supported by evidence. Another point is that the sweet potato in Polynesia is the cultivated Ipomoea batatas, which is generally spread by vine cuttings and not by seeds.[16]”
>>
>>1877609
koomra =/= sweet potato
>>
>>1877609
WE
>>
File: Pinochad.jpg (144KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
Pinochad.jpg
144KB, 1024x717px
How did Chile end up owning Easter Island?
>>
File: Choose-Wisely.jpg (139KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Choose-Wisely.jpg
139KB, 500x400px
>>1877806
> some teenager on a Tibetan fingerpainting board

Or

> VAN TILBURG, Jo Anne. 1994. Easter Island: Archaeology, Ecology and Culture. Washington D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press
> "Gardening at the Edge: Documenting the Limits of Tropical Polynesian Kumara Horticulture in Southern New Zealand", University of Canterbury
>>
>>1877594
>>1877597
Statues of Easter Island were created by convicts of Spanish (Chilean) prison about 18-19 century.
>>
>>1878167
Kys
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.