[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did prostitutes not become pregnant? Since early dawn men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: manet-olympia.jpg (114KB, 1010x691px) Image search: [Google]
manet-olympia.jpg
114KB, 1010x691px
How did prostitutes not become pregnant? Since early dawn men pay women for having sex but how did they use any kind of contraceptive? Kinda strange that barely no one mentions this.
>>
>>1874427
I heard they'd shove a sponge soaked in some kind of vinegar up there
>>
>>1874427
IIRC the romans used a sea sponge to block sperm.
>>
>>1874432
>>1874430
eeeew sea sponge XD.
vinegar? o,O
>>
they pulled out

pulling out is a perfectly reliable method of birth control but in ameristan the Republicans wanted to make sure sex ed portrayed sex as extremely risky and disease that will always result in a baby
>>
>>1874427

They did.
>>
>>1874450
What is this new jewish plot now?
>>
>>1874450
Are you trying to tell me every guy pulled out just because she said to.
I'd rather finish inside every time. I think most men would.
>>
m8

We usually identify ancient brothels by the piles of baby bones underneath
>>
File: 1346153939616.jpg (8KB, 305x254px) Image search: [Google]
1346153939616.jpg
8KB, 305x254px
>>1874526
>>
>>1874432
this
>>1874450

There were also herbal remedies to induce miscarriages. Also prostitutes got pregnant a lot
>>
File: 1469428688461.jpg (293KB, 1000x3255px) Image search: [Google]
1469428688461.jpg
293KB, 1000x3255px
>>1874427
It is natural to women to kill their children as soon as possible, so that they can continue the ride on the carousel. But once they get children, they stick to them like glue.
>>
>>1874427
Condoms have been a thing since ancient Egypt at least. Then there are a load of herbs that can prevent fertilization completely or stimulate the uterus enough to abort pregnancy.

Reliability varied of course.
>>
>>1874427
Sperm can only last a day or two, and there's about a 6 day window where that sperm actually has a chance at fertilizing an egg. While the exact timing can be hard to pinpoint, generally there's about three weeks out of a month where a woman won't get pregnant even without precautions like contraceptives. Even then, health, stress, and environmental factors can affect the chance of a successfully fertilized egg surviving, which for most prostitutes is a big constant.
>>
>>1874427
>How did prostitutes not become pregnant?
they did, infertile women often became prostitutes
>Since early dawn men pay women for having sex but how did they use any kind of contraceptive?

pulling out, abortitions, sponges
>>
>>1874812
>abortitions

Well mehmet
Until recently, abortion was very brutal (needle in vagina) and very few women had the guts to do it
Most of unwanted children were abandoned at birth instead
>>
herbal abortives are an ancient thing, at least in asia
>>
>>1874821
Pressure in the belly and abortifacients were options. They still are among some hunter-gatherers and junk.
>>
>>1874447
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>1874823
This
There was a plant that used to grow in North Africa that caused miscarriages and the romans caused it to go extinct
>>
>>1874427
the shape of a love heart is probably derived from the shape of a plant used as a contraceptive... which was used so much in roman times and early medieval times that it got extinct
>>
>>1874427

A lot of them did become pregnant. Remember that famous Solomon story with splitting the baby? It usually gets bowlderized in English translations, but the Hebrew's pretty clear: It's two prostitutes coming to see Solomon about their babies. Hookers got pregnant all the time.
>>
Holy fucking shit /his/ this is some pathetic shit.

>Birth control and abortion are well documented in Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt. (See History of abortion.) The Ebers Papyrus from 1550 BCE and the Kahun Papyrus from 1850 BCE have within them some of the earliest documented descriptions of birth control, the use of honey, acacia leaves and lint to be placed in the vagina to block sperm.[5][6] Another early document explicitly referring to birth control methods is the Kahun Gynecological Papyrus from about 1850 BCE. It describes various contraceptive pessaries, including acacia gum, which recent research has confirmed to have spermatocidal qualities and is still used in contraceptive jellies. Other birth control methods mentioned in the papyrus include the application of gummy substances to cover the "mouth of the womb" (i.e. the cervix), a mixture of honey and sodium carbonate applied to the inside of the vagina, and a pessary made from crocodile dung. Lactation (breast-feeding) of up to three years was also used for birth control purposes in ancient Egypt.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_birth_control#Mesopotamia.2C_Egypt.2C_Greece.2C_and_Rome
>>
>>1874837
When I get home, I've got a funny screen cap covering that.

It was a mixture that was drunk. A tea. Principal ingredient is black cahoosh.
>>
>>1875022
to be fair most people on this board wouldn't know about modern forms of contraception either
>>
>>1874526
>>1874535

There was some island off the coast of italy that all young ladies would bring their bastard children to so this orphanage could take care of them, but they got so many that many of them died and they recently found this giant drum under ground that had thousands of baby skeletons in it. And that was just one drum and they said they were probably like 8 of them.

8 drums full of dead children.
>>
>>1875060
name? or source?
>>
>>1874450
I saw a metastudy (sorry, no link) that suggested that pulling out is as effective as using a condom. Of course neither is 100% effective.
>>
>>1875085
I somehow seriously doubt that. Wont believe that until I see the link.
>>
>>
File: you.gif (198KB, 289x185px) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
198KB, 289x185px
>>1874450
Do you seriously think I pay a whore to pull out?

They had diaphragms, sponges and also syringes to wash them out, other than that, anglemaker or just another bastard.
>>
sylphium worked pretty decently until it went extinct
>>
>>1875174
>Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly.
> Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant each year if they don't always do it correctly.

>If you use condoms perfectly every single time you have sex, they're 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. But people aren't perfect, so in real life condoms are about 82% effective — that means about 18 out of 100 people who use condoms as their only birth control method will get pregnant each year.

T. Planned Parenthood

I've seen other studies that make them seem a little more similar.

Anecdotally, if you are fucking and about to nut, and the condom fails at the right moment, it can be a situation where all the cum ends up inside a fertile sloot.

With the pull-out method, you have to really be inattentive to cum inside a sloot. The key is to always take a piss between ejaculations to flush the system and keep the dangerous sperms to a minimum.
>>
>>1874840
or the shape of tits, ass, or balls
>>
I heard they could stick some bits of cotton or some shit up there
>>
>>1874450
I'm a virgin
I don't get how pulling out would work I mean precum exists.
>>
>>1874427
goat intestines have been used by middle-easterners trough the ages - europeans adopted this method in the 15-16th century, but with one design change - removing the intestines from the goat before usaga
>>
>>1875060
>8 drums full of dead children.
And another hardcore band got its name.
>>
>>1875738
Precum doesn't contain a lot of viable sperm. It's actually pretty hard to knock a girl up especially if you pull out
>>
>>1875790
So you're saying, they lied to us?
>>
>>1874821
>mehmet

???
>>
>>1874427

How do you know less about the rhythm method than they did?

Besides, where do you think all of those child sacrifices came from? The nobility?
>>
>>1875844
The condom industry has been keeping you down, and making you scared of raw-dogging deliciousness.
>>
>>1874450
Hey I paid for my time. I'm gonna nut in her if I want to and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>1875742
DED
>>
File: IMG_1423.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1423.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>1875742
7/10, I laughed
>>
>>1875742
Re:Re:Re:Fwd:Re:Re: FUNNY JOKE, ME AND YOUR AUNT LVOED IT
>>
>>1875909
What about HIV my friend?
>>
>>1876150
HIV statistics, like American gun violence, seems quite well contained if you look at who is most effected.
>not racist
>not homophobic
>just facts
>>
>>1876179
Not that guy, but I'd still worry about STDs. I knew a few girls in HS who seemed decent but , turns out, had horrible stds like gonorrhea
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.