[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Breakup and Civil wars of the Mongolian Empire one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: MongolEmpireDivisions1300.png (172KB, 1280x747px) Image search: [Google]
MongolEmpireDivisions1300.png
172KB, 1280x747px
Is the Breakup and Civil wars of the Mongolian Empire one of the Most underrated events?
>>
A legitimate problem with making 21st century colored maps for the ancient world is that you cant really say that that territory was ruled in the same way that a modern state is.
That map is deceiving since it shows areas with extremely limited habitation in the same shade as the dense urban areas of china.

A proper map would be showing cities that existed during this time and whom they swear fealty towards.
>>
>>1873831
No empire - no breakup. Stories about 400 000 army in steppes (without road- or railway-supply) is stupid falsification.
>>
>>1873852
Seriously this needs to be in a sticky. Same is true for a lot of time and a lot of places during the Middle Ages too. But I guess 15yo wiki warriors like maps and wars and shit.
>>
File: IMG_0127.jpg (17KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0127.jpg
17KB, 320x214px
>>1873831
>tfw you end up in the Chagadai Khanate
>>
>>1873831

Yup, lots of interesting stories.

One i find interesting is that the Chagatai Khanate, had virtually nothing and was saved by being essentially vassalised by the Ogedeid Kaidu who spent 40 years warring against the Toulids (Ilkhanate and Yuan), making huge land gains but refusing to hold land that would over stretch the Khanate (he conquered Karakorum a few times).

After the death of Kaidu, the Chagataids reclaimed their independence and the Ogedei Khanate, who had two of the truly great Mongols in Ogedei and Kaidu, basically disappeared from history. Meanwhile the Chagatai Khanate continued puttering along in one form or another, often only being a nominal khan in the 1600s, the descendants of their Prince and Princesses often founding new Dynastys, having a language named after them.

Pretty mental reversal of fortune for the house that was on the verge on disappearing after the death of Chagatai.
>>
>>1873831
Nope.

It was the most steppe nomad thing ever.
>>
>>1873878
Could be worse.
>Be Yuan Dynasty
CHINKED.
>Be Golden Horde
VATNIKED
>Be Il-Khanate
KEBABED
TIMURED
>>
>>1873852
>>1873877
Its also true for gunpowder empires. British maps paint the whole of Canada and India, despite most of it being completely unknown and utterly unexploited.
The natural shore borders of North America weren't even mapped before the British started saying they own all of it, wherever it ends.
Spain, Portugal, Holland, Belgium, France are a similar case.
>>
>>1874250
Half the Golden Horde land is still *stan countries, they mostly preserved.
>>
>>1873831
ikr
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.