[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Raj such a fucking mess?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: CF3FcGrUIAAthKO.png (360KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
CF3FcGrUIAAthKO.png
360KB, 600x544px
Why is the Raj such a fucking mess?
>>
File: modi-7591.jpg (35KB, 759x422px) Image search: [Google]
modi-7591.jpg
35KB, 759x422px
Was*

Also, the anglos caused a lot of religious tension to already severed ties between individual city states. They couldn't govern India for shit then fucked off when they drained the subcontinent from its wealth, leaving behing a pooinloo country.

Also
>Britain unified India meme

They didn't unify India, setting up shop there and gaining influence from rich Muslim and Hindu land owners didn't mean they then controlled them.
>>
File: tumblr_lyl716jlep1qfjej5o1_400.gif (990KB, 295x283px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyl716jlep1qfjej5o1_400.gif
990KB, 295x283px
>>1871778
Divide et impera.
>>
>>1871808
oh look its the obligatory 'ze british zid this!' post
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 800x1068px)
image.jpg
154KB, 800x1068px
>>1871778
>4Dchess.jpg
>>
>>1871808
Nonsense.

British rule calmed centuries of religious tensions, as the British would simply not accept religious wars, headhunting, sutee, etc. in their territory.

Their rule was remarkable for the Pax Britannica over a subcontinent known for in-fighting.

> drained its wealth
More nonsense. Beneficial trading rights were as 'draining' as it got.

Sounds like you've swallowed the propaganda wholesale.
>>
>>1871855
>Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs.
>>
>>1871778
>such a fucking mess

In what way?
>>
>>1871883
Based.

And yet edgelords still think Britain's rule wasn't beneficial.
>>
>>1871883
Fucking awesome. Burning women alive doesn't deserve respect.
>>
>>1871883
>However, the ban on Sati was largely due to the efforts of the Bengali reformer and founder of Brahmo Samaj, Raja Rammohan Roy, who, beginning in 1812, started championing the cause of banning sati practice and began a large-scale campaign against the practice.

>>1871855
>Beneficial trading rights were as 'draining' as it got.
I wonder where the Koh-i-Noor is today? In the hands of any of the South Asian countries? You're retarded if you think that the British didn't drain India's wealth. They suppressed the large textile industry, and for the early parts of colonization, focused only on returns, because it was, well, a company. After company rule ended, mercantilist policies were eased, but that doesn't mean that they were completely stopped. Why is it that India was called the Jewel in the Crown?

>British rule calmed centuries of religious tensions, as the British would simply not accept religious wars, headhunting, sutee, etc. in their territory.
I agree with this for the most part, though the partition was one of the most botched up decolonization efforts in the 20th century.

>Sounds like you've swallowed the propaganda wholesale
kek

>>1871940
It was beneficial. Anyone who says otherwise is more or less wrong. It was just hurt Indians much more than it helped them.
>>
>>1872076
> I wonder where the Koh-i-Noor is today?

> wage war against the British
> lose
> sign a peace treaty handing over the diamond

'Waaaah, Anglos are so unfair'

>>1872076
> partition was one of the most botched up decolonization efforts in the 20th century.

> Partition India along obvious religious, cultural, and racial lines
'Waaah, Britain fucked up partition'.

> Don't partition the Middle East along obvious religious, cultural, and racial lines
'Waaaah, Britain fucked up partition'.

Literally cannot win with retarded foreigners and their barbarous, violent religions.
>>
>>1871778
This map is too small
>>
>>1872112
The Koh-I-Noor was just an example you tard. There were thousands more instances than just the one, its just that the Koh-i-Noor is very symbolic.

>>Partition India along obvious religious, cultural, and racial lines
>Cultural and Racial lines
Sure makes sense to split the Punjab into two then.

>> Don't partition the Middle East along obvious religious, cultural, and racial lines
>'Waaaah, Britain fucked up partition'.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never mentioned the middle east once nor did I say partitions were always good or always bad.

>Literally cannot win with retarded foreigners and their barbarous, violent religions.
kek
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.