[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should we celebrate Agincourt Day tomorrow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3997.jpg (374KB, 1386x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3997.jpg
374KB, 1386x800px
How should we celebrate Agincourt Day tomorrow?
>>
>>1869883
>celebrating a battle in a war you lost

What are you, Mexican?
That's Cinco De Mayo tier
>>
>>1869883
Drop a bow in the mud, pick up a mallet, and hit each other with said mallets.
>>
>>1869883
saint crispin's day*

honor the perfidious albion men, for they are great in plundering and cause of suffering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM
>>
>>1869891
What if I'm Burgundian?
>>
>>1869965
pics of your sexy black robbes or GTFO
>>
>>1869965
enjoy good wine desu
>>
File: IMG_3664.jpg (240KB, 1138x1435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3664.jpg
240KB, 1138x1435px
>>1869974
>Charles the Told
>>
wasnt it october 15th 1415?
>>
>>1870277
Close, 25 October. Also St. Crispin's Day.
>>
>>1869883
Reminder that you can search to see if your ancestors were at Agincourt.

http://www.medievalsoldier.org/
>>
File: these.jpg (78KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
these.jpg
78KB, 750x600px
Archery practice, followed by the swilling of much ale.
>>
>>1869953
The French taught it to the English very well since 1066. Your move froggy
>>
>>1870933
Normans are germanics.

Your move you dirty welshman.
>>
>>1869915

What the fuck? I don't get it.
>>
>>1870943
And Franks aren't?
>>
>>1870943
>Anglo-Saxons, Germanic
>Franks, Germanic
>Normans, Germanic
>Anon, Dumb as fuck
>>
>>1870943
Not if they speak a romance language. Germanic, romance, celtic, etc are just language groups.
>>
>>1870943
The Normans (as in lords and knights) were descendants of Vikings who married the local Frankish, Gallo-Roman, and Breton women. Their Germanic blood was diluted.

And not Welsh, but Scots, English, and Dutch.

>>1870980
The funny thing is, only the ruling and warrior classes of the Duchy of Normandy had Viking ancestry. The everyday inhabitant of Normandy was either of Frankish, Breton, or Gallo-Roman.
>>
>>1871012
>The funny thing is, only the ruling and warrior classes of the Duchy of Normandy had Viking ancestry. The everyday inhabitant of Normandy was either of Frankish, Breton, or Gallo-Roman.

If you look at either the Breton codii or the codex of Bayeux you will find many a farmer with a Norman name. Ofcourse this could mean that they adopted the names of the ruling class but it could also mean some Vikings settled as normal farmers
>>
>>1871063
I don't doubt that. Anglo-Danes fled to Normandy after the Wessex counterattack of Alfred the Great, Edward, and Aethelstan. Not to mention a couple of Norse-Gaels.

But by and large, I'm fairly certain that outside the coastal areas, the interior was without Viking descendants.
>>
>>1871085
Thanks, did not know that.
>>
File: saxons vikings celts.jpg (51KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
saxons vikings celts.jpg
51KB, 333x499px
>>1871063
>>1871085
>>1871111
Genetically, Britons below the old Danelaw are maybe five per cent Germanic (Normans, Vikings, and Saxons being genetically indistinguishable). Above the Danelaw it is damn near forty per cent. Oh, and the Picts didn't get wiped out -- they just intermarried with everybody else until they blended in.

Pic related.
>>
File: Patay.jpg (131KB, 323x790px) Image search: [Google]
Patay.jpg
131KB, 323x790px
Battle of Patay
14 years later the copy of Agincourt
>this time we have a bigger army! silly frogs! let's do it again!
French have learned
Anglos never learn
>>
>>1871125
The modern Scots are a blend of 6 peoples:
- Picts
- Britons (from Strathclyde)
- Irish from Dal Riata
- Angles in the Lowlands
- Vikings from the Hebrides, Shetneys and Orkneys
- Normans invited by David I

And yeah, quite a few English are genetically descended from the pre-Roman Britons. The Saxons didn't wipe out the Britons, the Britons just became Saxons. Cerdic, the founder of the West Saxons has a Brythonic name which most likely came from his mother.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.