[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Christianity ever recover from them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (24KB, 468x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 468x245px
Will Christianity ever recover from them?
>>
Christianity most serious attacks were 19th Century German liberal theologians and their accounts of the Bibles. Nietzsche and Darwin have pretty much zero to do with any damage on Christianity, except creationist museum variety.
>>
>>1867651
>of the Bibles
By this I mean the Gospels
>>
i don't think china cares about either newton or stirner
>>
>>1867651
Literally who?
>>
Ya if they actually read the bible and stopped following the Old Testament
>>
File: 1474169457635.jpg (14KB, 294x273px) Image search: [Google]
1474169457635.jpg
14KB, 294x273px
>>1867651
Once again, faith will last so long as there are people that are willing and able to believe it.
>>
The day American public schools put as much emphasis on Nietzsche as they do Darwin will be a cool day indeed
>>
>>1867662
>this meme

Christianity's decline in the west cannot be attributed to any single factor, not even the one you attribute. A combination of enlightenment era philosophy, revival of pagan thinking in the renaissance, the rise of political liberalism, and a general upswing of prosperity were all factors. Darwin completely overturning a literal interpretation of Genesis was definitely a factor, as was Nietzsche's brand of thinking becoming commonplace (/his/ posters like to overlook this because many of his ideas have become downright cliche, but his thinking caused quite a revolution in thought).
>>
Nietzsche did not do very much harm, if any, to Christianity. The decay, nihilism and decadence that Nietzsche observed in Europe is what caused Christianity's decline, not Nietzsche himself.

Yes, it will recover if politics in Europe goes a certain way. Events will force people to embrace their traditional identities and Christianity is an essential element of that. I don't think that we will ever get back to Christianity being as widespread and important to people's lives as it used to be, but strident atheism will certainly decline.
>>
>>1867701
Darwin actually achived something useful to the humanity
>>
>>1867701
>implying that nietzsche produced anything even nearly as profoundly groundbreaking and meaningful as evolution theory
>>
Already did. Look at the Bible Belt.
>>
>>1867694
Faith will last as long as there are people. Every person has faith to some extent. Faith in mankind. Faith in nature. Faith in free will. This is why I don't believe that atheism truly exists.
>>
Will atheists ever recover from them?
>>
>>1867651
the better question is if christianity will ever regain followers from now weak societies
>>
>>1870793
Those are proddies NOT Christians. They are heretical and refuse to believe in the one true church.
>>
>>1867662
>Darwin
>nothing to do with the decline of christianity
natural selection is the biggest commonly-known scientific conflict with abrahamic religion.
>>
File: Origen-Ham-meme.jpg (401KB, 620x696px) Image search: [Google]
Origen-Ham-meme.jpg
401KB, 620x696px
>>1867651
>>
>>1871758
Islam already fills that vacuum, and at a much faster rate
>>
It's already 500 hundred years too late
>>
>>1867662

The acceptance of evolution had a huge role in the consolidation of naturalistic, atheistic tought among the intellectual elite. If you think the only Christians weakened by evolution are creationists living in the bible belt, you are profoundly mistaken.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.