[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, /hist/. If you could go back in time to Constantinople

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

Alright, /hist/. If you could go back in time to Constantinople in 797 with 100 men with automatic rifles (and 5 years supply of ammunition, vaccinations and medicine so your men don't drop like flies), 4 tanks 10 jeeps and 1 battleship, how wrecked would the Muslims be?
>>
More rekt than the natives when they fought Spain for the first time.
>>
id rather help the turks desu

byzzieboos should be gassed
>>
File: 5 fate points.jpg (123KB, 537x536px) Image search: [Google]
5 fate points.jpg
123KB, 537x536px
>implying the byzantines wouldn't double-cross you and seize your weapons
>implying some byzantine noble wouldn't sell those guns to the Turks to get the upper hand when he stakes a claim on the throne

I love the Byzantines but they're shits.
>>
File: brit-308-prototype-1.jpg (64KB, 1017x520px) Image search: [Google]
brit-308-prototype-1.jpg
64KB, 1017x520px
>>1867224
I will answer because I enjoy these autistic threads

>Tanks and automobiles

terrible meme because you wouldn't be able to sustain them

The simple answer is to go back with stuff like sten guns or crude blowback rifles which are easily reverse engineered and replaced, stuff like pic related that was blacksmith built in the event of a nuclear war to arm the survivors to keep on fighting the commies.

then you arm your 100 dudes with horses and outflank larger forces like the Boers commandos did against the Zulus.

>>1867267
Also this

it would be safer to ignore all deals and alliances, go Mongol mode and rape/pillage your way across Europe
>>
>>1867256
>helping roaches
Why? And if those fucking Germanic barbarians their Venetian whores didn't betray the Emperor and all of Christendom during the Crusades, the The Roman empire would still be standing today.
>>
>>1867290
>byzantines
>roman

good meme
>>
>>1867267
>797
>Turks
>implying I wouldn't pledge my loyalty to Irene, take out her rivals, conquer Egypt and Damascus for her, then declare her a heretic and kill her thus making myself Emperor.
>>
>797
>not using your 21st century knowledge to advance humanity to the industrial era after securing a large enough nation
It's like you faggots don't even want to go to space.
>>
>>1867290
>greekshits
>roman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Latins
>>
>>1867298
>Germanics knowing what Romans are
>>1867305
>Latins
>A bunch of smelly Germans who wish they were Romans
>>
>>1867224
They would be utterly destroyed. And also I'd be known as the most dope dude in history when I conquer the holy land and what not.
>>
It would be great until they steal your ammo, I'd basically pull a Cortes and try to draw in allies with my weaponry rather than use them too much
>>
>>1867303
Ah yes your 21st century knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c2kyNJ3Omo
>>
>>1867333
>Venetians
>German
>>
Considering this was in the middle of the Muslim golden age, they would try capturing some of the weapons with a trap, then they would use their knowledge to reverse engineer it.
>>
>>1867224

I wouldn't get that far.

Also, a Battleship has a crew of a 1000+ men. It would just be sitting, dead in the water and being useless.
>>
File: Zonaro_GatesofConst.jpg (1MB, 1200x1525px) Image search: [Google]
Zonaro_GatesofConst.jpg
1MB, 1200x1525px
>>1867224
>how wrecked would the Muslims be?
Not at all. I'd conquer Europe in the name of Allah.
>>
>>1867224
I'd rather help and then take over the Muslims because they were more enlightened (or on the precipice of becoming so) than the Byzantines were at this point in history. I could tailor the young and ascendant Islamic faith and the Caliphate to my desires probably more easily than I could Orthodox Byzantium, making an ideal religion and culture.

I would try to keep Greek as the lingua franca, though. Arabic is so shit in comparison.
>>
>>1868551
This
>>
>>1867224

>5 year supply of ammunition

What is this, like Pizza Hut telling you you won FREE PIZZA FOR A YEAR and meaning one free 2-topping large a month?

Seriously, how many bullets is a "five year supply?"
>>
>>1868674
More enlightened? Nah, just had the benefit of sitting on top of Roman/Persian wealth and literature.

>>1868703
Supply for your men to use in what would constitute the average amount of battles per campaign season.
>>
>>1868674
>Arabic is so shit in comparison.

Arabic is an extremely rich language, even in comparison to Greek, due the literature output during caliphates and with contributions of Persians it became so full of words.
>>
>>1867333
>le Rome is a mindset dude
>forgot the Latin language, church, land, and people, my rump state from the conquered lands of a foreign empire is actually Rome
>>
>>1867290
Greeks are worse than roaches.
>>
>>1867290
>byzzies after the 7th century
>anywhere near roman
Byzzie literally the worst successor state of rome.
>>
>>1867224

>how wrecked would the Muslims be?
>implying i wouldn't conquer the Byzantines myself and found an empire that isn't dysfunctional overhyped trash
>>
>>1867298
>>1867305
>>1869594
>>1869909
>t. Mehmet Mehmetoglu/Enrico Dandolini
>>
>>1869942

>anyone mildly critical of the byzantine empire must be a butthurt turk or italian

believe me there are plenty of us just sick of the reddit-tier circlejerk over this meme empire
>>
>>1869956
Thisthisthis.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.