[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was the Japanese right so militant during the 60s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: Yukio_Mishima.jpg (16KB, 250x203px) Image search: [Google]
Yukio_Mishima.jpg
16KB, 250x203px
why was the Japanese right so militant during the 60s?
>>
File: 220px-Death_of_Inejiro_Asanuma.jpg (10KB, 220x169px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Death_of_Inejiro_Asanuma.jpg
10KB, 220x169px
>>
and why did they like the Emperor so much? He basically betrayed Japan (in their eyes) by surrendering, didnt he?
>>
Penis envy. At the time they had yet to realize that they worked best as Newhalfs.
>>
>>1866385
>MY PEOPLE, LET US REVIVE EMPEROR WORSHIP AND RAISE THE MILITARY, THROW OUT THE SHACKLES OF THE AMERICANS!
>Japanese: GTFO LOL.
Yes, they were militant indeed.
>>
Mao cock suckers were trying to make Japan communist.
>>
USA cock suckers were trying to make Japan neoliberal.
>>
>>1866385

reaction to Mao cucks in Japan trying to make China their new masters under the guise of "muh communist utopia!"

Thankfully they shut that shit right the fuck down and as a result, faced a post war economic miracle
>>
>>1866407
literally this, marxist insanity breeds reaction
>>
>>1866392
The only thing the emperor did wrong, in Yukio Mishima's eyes anyway, was announce that he was not a god-figure, therefore making the deaths of all the Japanese soldiers pointless, win or lose.
>>
Will Japan return to the militant right due to the economic downturn?
>>
Commies hiding everywhere trying to turn them into either North Korea, Sweden, or some horrifying combination of the two
>>
>>1866689
I think modern west-worshipping has done too much good for them to risk going back to the old ways.
>>
>>1866468
>post war economic miracle

Did that "history of Japan" video forever make this phrase the name of the post-war era economics in Japan?
>>
>>1866701
All that progress stagnated in the 90s.
>>
>>1866701
You sure? Stripped of their national pride and culture, the only thing they had going for them was money, now that that's gone, I know I'd turn to an ideology that gives me purpose.
>>
>>1866726

??????????

I dont know about all that, but Japan had a fucking booming economy in the 80s
>>
>>1866689
It will continue because they are moving closer to Russia and seeing the shit ging down in artificially multicultural Europe and want none of that. Under Abe a nationalist rennaisance is taking place in every corner of Japanese society
>>
>>1866765
Oh sorry, I thought you were referencing this neat video.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o

"Post war economic miracle" is something specific that I thought this video used.
>>
>>1866385
because the left was too.
at least the right didn't have racial self hatred as a key component of their ideology .
>>
>>1866792
>It will continue.
>Abe's modification of military laws literally met by deep goncern by the Japs.
I love that /pol/ thinks Japan escaped German Style cuckening by the Allies postwar, but really, it didn't. Majority of Japan are still pacifist and fears that a revived military would mean the return of strongman militarists in government. Since nips are pussywhipped into loving democracy nowadays, they do not like that at all. Don't let shitty pro-military animes like GATE fool you.
>>
>>1866979
At least they're not importing dozens of millions of shitskins (yet).

There is nothing wrong with pacifism and democracy, and Japanese militarism was a retarded ideology anyway.
>>
>>1867005

nationalism in general is pretty retarded tbqh
>>
>>1867005
>At least they're not importing dozens of millions of shitskins (yet).
Largely because you do not live in Southeast/East Asia and do not know that they do have shitloads of Southeast Asian laborers there. Just like the rest of "Free" Asia. Taiwan more than SK or Japan.

Oh, and Abe? Yeah, he's trying to be close to Southeast Asia to counterbalance China's growing power. One of the ways he's doing this is promoting Japanese/SEA cultural exchange and easing immigration & VISA requirements with them.
>>
Variety of factors mainly coming from the fact that the US practically dropped the military terms from the Treaty of San Fransico and enabled Japan to create the self-defense force. The US also recognized that Japan was basically an Aircraft Carrier in Asia and they used Japanese factories to produce ammo for the Korean War restarting Japanese military industry.
>>
>>1867022
I really don't care as long as it's not violent subhumans like caucasians and negroids
>>
>>1867014
Leftists didn't thought that in the XIXth century, when it was useful to dismantle traditional empires, neither do they think that in most of the Third World, where a huge part of the appeal of the left is their nationalist credentials compared with their neoliberal opposition.

The whole criticism of nationalism in developed countries is hypocritical and more tactical than sincere to the left. They criticize nationalism because they want mass importation of foreign voters.
>>
>>1867014
Nah, Nationalism works for Japan. They're one of history's true Nation states from the start. Largely because they had no choice really.
>>
>>1867036
>They criticize nationalism because they want mass importation of foreign voters.
This applies to both the left and the right.
>>
>>1867014
Find me a better alternative. Tribalism, like in Arab countries where people are more loyal to their clans and tribes than to their nation? Individualism, like in Latin America, where people just want to take advantage of everyone and everything, don't have a shred of morals and don't care about the result of their actions in their society? Or globalism, like in developed countries, that does away with the conception of borders to embrace the mass migration of black people who proceed ruin their countries?

Of course nationalism is retarded if you analyze it hard enough, but the collective of homogenous nation-states is the best guarantee of global peace we have, and doing away with this system can have unknown consequences.
>>
>>1867036

The use of something by a determined group does not make it any less retarded.

nice try tho, a bit desperate but 7/10 overall
>>
>>1867055
Humans function best in tribes desu
>>
>>1867041

Japan hasn't been nationalist since they became USA's pet in asia.

Tho you might have a different idea of nationalism.
>>
>>1867049
The only country I can think of where right-wing parties have benefited from mass migration is Israel, thanks to Russian immigrants.

Everywhere else, in North America or Europe, immigrants always vote for the parties that promise them more "gibsmedat", which means left-wing parties.
>>
>>1867060
But governments don't. Just look at the Arab world.

Turkish nationalism may be "retarded", but at least it rooted out tribalism in Turkish Muslims.
>>
>>1867055

>but the collective of homogenous nation-states is the best guarantee of global peace we have

Last time Europe was ruled by nationalists it ended up in WW1. And we have experienced one of the ,if not the most, comparatively peaceful periods in human history.
>>
>>1866385
Cause they thought they were like the American right
>>
>>1867082
World War I was caused by conflicts between multiethnic empires, its immediate catalyst was a crisis involving the Serbian minority in Austria-Hungary. Likewise, World War II began with a crisis involving the German minority in Poland.

The "Long Peace" in the Western world that followed those wars is marked by relatively homogenous nation-states in Europe. As a comparison, the Second Polish Republic was only 60% Polish, while in postwar Poland that percentage was 99% (thanks to massive and often brutal population exchanges)

Meanwhile, wars continued in ethnic divised Africa and the Middle East. Now globalists want to change that. For what purpose I cannot fathom.
>>
>>1867041
As someone who took an elective in Nip History, that is definitely wrong.

Yes, they are largely of the same ethnic group, but Japan still did a bit of Nation-Building to create a Nation state. You have no idea how dreadfully close Japan was to splitting apart. With the collapse of Imperial rule in the close of the Heian period, this left the land to the mercy of strongman politics, and heavy association with their feudal lords by the people led to something Japanese historians call "Fief Nationalism." Basically regionalism jacked to 11. The height of this came during the Sengoku period when the discourse of the time was the country was divided. As unlike other periods of dissolution Japan, rule of centralized governments collapsed and the Japanese people relied on their feudal lords more than ever, leading to intensified connections with their province.

Even the Tokugawa peace did not completely annihilate these feelings given that the Tokugawa discriminated between lords that fought for them and lords who fought against them.

Even with the Meiji restoration, you had shit like the Republic of Ezo emerging from Japanese as fuck people disagreeing with Imperial cucks and seeking to hoof it on their own.

So Japan was no different than many Nation-state building efforts considering that the Japanese nation state emerged in the 19th Century, just like a lot of em.
>>
>>1867107
>World War I was caused by conflicts between multiethnic empires, its immediate catalyst was a crisis involving the Serbian minority in Austria-Hungary.
And fuelled by Nationalism. WWII more than I.

The Two World Wars literally heralded the backlash versus Nationalism.
>>
>>1867107
The Long Peace in the Western world is caused by the fall of any power in Europe at all and the rise of extra-European western powers such as the Soviet Union and the USA. Also the threat of MAD & Globalism.

And yet the ugly head of nationalism reared itself in Yugoslavia.
>>
>>1866385
Got cucked by us
>>
>>1867122
But nationalism was still the norm in postwar countries. Charles de Gaulle in France, Winston Churchill in the United Kingdom and Konrad Adenauer in Germany, were all nationalists, each in their own way.

Militant anti-nationalism and anti-racism is a more recent phenomenom, which began with 1960s counterculture and reached power in the 1980s.

I fear this militant anti-nationalism may backfire terribly. Europe has suffered two massive wars, as you said, fueled by nationalist sentiments that ripped appart traditional, multiethnic empires. It ended up with homogenous nation-states after that.

I wish it could stay that way.
>>
>>1867140
>And yet the ugly head of nationalism reared itself in Yugoslavia.

Ripping appart another multiethnic country.

Can't you see the pattern here? Multiethnic, diverse countries, are ripped appart by the distinct identities inhabiting it.

This can be prevented by establishing homogenous countries to distinct identities.
>>
>>1866407
>>1866468
[Citation needed]
>>
>>1866838
This video is literally shit and it rubs me the wrong way. Not only is it incorrect and inaccurate (like the part explaining WW1- Principe was Bosnian not from serbia, and Ferdinand was just an archduke not the leader of austria- facts that anyone with even a basic understanding of history would know) - it's just Reddit tier meme shit. I really hope this trend doesn't catch on.
>>
>>1866792
Lmao
/pol/ + weebs = delusions
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 640x656px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 640x656px
>>1867022
>and easing immigration & VISA requirements with them.
>>
>>1867041
>They're one of history's true Nation states from the start.

Umm 1867?

>>1867082
Are you seriously arguing that 1945-1970 Europe wasn't nationalist?

The rise of nationalism didn't just stop with the end of WW2.
>>
>>1867122
>>1867140
Care to explain 1945-1950? The French wouldn't touch the Germans with a 10 foot pole during that time.

Only the existential threat of the Soviets and US pressure got them to allow Germany in NATO in 1952.

Nationalism didn't just go away with the end of WW2. This is meme history based upon ideological bias, and not actual historical facts.
>>
File: fellowkids.jpg (91KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
fellowkids.jpg
91KB, 900x720px
>>1867176
>http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/06/26/national/relaxed-visa-program-for-southeast-asian-visitors-starts/
>http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/05/24/national/media-national/will-japan-country-welcomes/#.WA1peeB97IU
>http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/01/06/national/social-issues/government-weighs-immigration-maintain-population-boost-workforce/#.WA1pe-B97IU
It has begun.

I am Filipino and Japan recently has some sick pandering to Pinoys which borders on creepy. Like creating anime & video game characters (without having no idea of our culture to begin with) to making fanarts of our last two leaders. As if they were ordered to do these things.

Actually coming to think of it, it has begun decades ago. Japan & Southeast Asian relations right now is basically that scene in 30 Rock where Steve Buscemi goes "How do you do fellow Kids?" They have been courteously snubbing us Southeast Asians ever since WWII ended but now it's "Hi guys, I am made of anime & nice things, we are all asians :DD" with them ever since China grew in power in the 90s and 2000s and their population showed no signs of major growth.
>>
>>1867253
>With an estimated population of 127.11 million in 2015[2] the resident foreign population in Japan amounts to approximately 1.75% of the total population.
>In 2015 9,469 applications for Japanese citizenship were approved. The number of foreign residents in Japan applying to naturalize and obtain Japanese citizenship peaked in 2008 at more than 16,000, but declined to 12,442 in 2015. Processing of applications can take up to 18 months. Application criteria are set deliberately high and inspectors are granted a degree of discretion in interpretation of eligibility and good conduct criteria.[25]
>>
>>1867253
they make anime and video games about almost everyone though, you're just being narcist
your country is not even among visa free visitors to japan among SEA
>>
They didn't enjoy being a vassal state of America and didn't like that their streak of never being conquered was brought to an end.
>>
>>1867253
>The visa waiver will apply to Thai travelers to Japan whose stay is less than 15 days and to tourists from Malaysia whose length of visit is no more than three months, according to the Foreign Ministry.

>The visa waiver will only apply to people with an IC-equipped passport, the ministry said.

>The multiple-entry visa for Filipino and Vietnamese travelers will allow them to visit Japan several times within a period of three years. The maximum stay per visit will be 15 days.

>Japan will meanwhile extend the maximum stay for multiple-entry visas for Indonesian travelers to 30 days from the current 15.

So pretty much fucking nothing
>>
>>1866385
>Militant.
>Japs told the guy to fuck off with his noise.
60s was Japan beginning to be weird. Not conservative.
>>
>>1867253
>I am Filipino
You mean Chinese, right? The Philippines won't exist by 2018. It'll be Feilubin Autonomous Region of the People's Republic of China.
>>
>>1867156

the guy getting stabbed here

>>1866386

was literally a Maoist. The idea that Japan would bend over to not only the chinese, but a communist china, was fucking insane.

tony-japan
meadow-young pinko japs/Asanuma
noah-Maoism/communism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPLduQIZFzQ
>>
>>1867158
It's not meant to be super accurate, it just gives a basic overview of Japan throughout their existence.
>>
>>1866385
>new young generation take up the right wing torch
>reaction to Bolshevism
but i'm quite right wing so I find it hard to be non-bias T B H
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.