[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were the causes of the French Revolution? Were the lower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 224434572.jpg (112KB, 500x723px) Image search: [Google]
224434572.jpg
112KB, 500x723px
What were the causes of the French Revolution? Were the lower classes being oppressed by the aristocrats and the church?
>>
Catholics can't run successful countries
>>
>Louis XIV greatly expands the power of the centralized government, allying with the common people against the aristocrats
>next kings are incompetent and return a lot of power to the aristocracy
>intellectuals and bourgeois, who by this point expected some measure of power in the government after Louis XIV gave them a taste of power end up massively butthurt and use "muh liberty" as an excuse to depose the government and establish an even more centralized, authoritarian one, this time with bureaucrat offices for everyone!

If they were really being oppressed, they wouldn't revolt.
>>
The Ancien RĂ©gime was an obsolete system,Britain, in contrast, had a far more robust financial and political system and could weather shocks that France couldn't.
>>
>>1865799

Do you people believe that shit? Really?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1890x2046px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1890x2046px
>>1865762
>rebellion against God-ordained authority is the sin of L*cifer -- the tantalizing fruit if mob-rule is the ruin of all civilization and is championed on earth by the eternal wandering jew.
>>
>>1865762
>Were the lower classes being oppressed by the aristocrats and the church?
yes
>>
It was a revolution that had been in the making for a many decades. Since the aristocratic circles in france were relatively open for the bourgeoisie (as opposed to germany) the bourgeoise modelled themself after aristocratic life. (As opposed to Germany where Sturm and Drang was a self-identification of the bourgeoise against the aristocrats). This is really a shit-tier explanation but i can't be arsed to get into more detail. Aristocratic circles were open, bourgeoise wanted to become aristocrats, bourgeoise was no longer satisfied with playing second fiddle. Bourgeoise co-operated with the lower class and fucked the entire thing up.
>>
>>1865762

Actually the cause for the Revolution was the lack of oppression the french court displayed towards subversive elements of the french nobility.

The french court tolerated people like Voltaire and the masonic lodges, despite numerous warnings. The french kings were 'tolerant' imbeciles who failed to remove the numerous potential threats to their rule before it was too late.

All the other stuff, the food inflation, misharvests, catastrophic national debt, are just minor causes.

Our political systems today are a lot less tolerant towards subversive literature than the french monarchy was in the 18th century.
>>
>>1865762

Shit was super fucked economically, the country was completely fucking broke, and the powers that be were too entrenched in their own interests to make necessary reforms. Also people were starving.
>>
>>1866058
This is a small aspect of what i have described, a tolerance and openness towards bourgeoise upstarters.
>>
>>1866072
>my job must fulfill me

pure ideology :^)
>>
>>1866058
>the food inflation, misharvests, catastrophic national debt, are just minor causes.
Only to autists, the revolution was started by the third estate rebelling after the king had called the estates general together to raise more taxes based on his mismanagement of Frances economy (due to and because of his foreign adventures and food inflation)
>>
The French saw Americans rebel and decided that might be the new trend and jumped the gun just in time.

Rebelling was forever cemented as a popular past-time in France since then.

Also, their monarch was a spoiled imbecile, they lacked food, and had all these crazy ideas from the Enlightenment that they curiously wanted to see first-hand before seeing just how many heads they can chop off to achieve their ideals
>>
>>1865762
Outdated system that was so convoluted that it couldn't generate the tax revenue needed to the fund the Bourbons colonial expansion and wars against Austria that just happened to coincide with the worst climatic situation that can happen to a agricultural based nation all in the midst of the growing European intellectual movement centred around Paris.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.