[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Generation of War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: screaming.jpg (176KB, 570x736px) Image search: [Google]
screaming.jpg
176KB, 570x736px
>people actually lived through TWO WORLD WARS
>people born in 1896 were 18 in 1914, eligible for war and 43 in 1939
>people actually lost their entire families, suffered famine and rationing for all that time
>bombs going off everywhere, constant fear

Holy shit, what must it have been like!?
>>
>>1865635
It was pretty bad.
>>
>>1865635
Pretty thrilling.
>>
It must've sucked to be a German first world war vet who either signed up or was conscripted to fight as the second war started going south.
>>
Sounds like life before 1800s.
>>
>>1865635
OP are you literally me? I just thinking about making a thread about this.
>>
>>1865698
I remember reading something about certain volkstrom units being composed of middle aged men wearing their wwi uniforms. Kek. Must have been a sight to behold.
>>
Probably better than what we currently have

>you will never push your body, mind and soul to the limits by fighting for something you believe in in the biggest conflicts of mankind
>instead you'll rot away your body mind and soul staring at a screen 18 hours a day
>>
>>1865733
go enlist and die in Iraq if sitting behind a comfy computer screen is so horrible.
>>
>>1865733
This is the kind of mentality that led to millions of casualties in WW1 btw, I bet you'd have been one of those mouthbreather generals ordering bayonet charges against machine gun nests over and over.
>>
>>1865733
Put up or shut up, you can fight in one of the great ideological conflicts right now.
>>
>>1865733
Join French Foreign Legion then
Enjoy being cannon fodder in some shithole in Africa
>>
>>1865635
My great grandfather whom I known when I was about 6-7 years old lived such a life. People live long in my family, my grandpa is now 81. My great-great-grandfather was some highly ranked officer in Austro-Hungarian Memepire and his son, my great-grandfather fought in the First World War and the Second World War on the German side. You'd expect the poor man to be really broken inside after going through hell and ending up on the losing sides TWICE, but he died as an optimistic and good spirited man. He raised my grandfather well too, I've been lucky enough to spend a lot of time talking with my grandpa about the old days and how it used to be. Those times happened so little while ago, it's kinda crazy how history flies through the generations. 20th century is perhaps the most eventful century in the human history because everybody was involved in everything that happened and people have become super conscious, critical and aware of what's going on and of the good and the bad. They knew what good life is, they also saw the utter terror of new ways to spill blood and the madness of ideology. Literally nothing compares to the craziness that was 20th century.
>>
>>1865788
I msut correct myself, he wasn't on the battlefront in the first world war (he did something else regarding war) so he didn't fight and also Austrian, not German.
>>
An experience like that is still fresh even in Europe in places like Kosovo, Croatia and Bosnia.
>>
>>1865635
>Holy shit, what must it have been like!?
It was extremely painful.
>>
>>1865635
Some of those people in some parts of the world lived to the age old enough to experience the THIRD war. >>1865830
>>
File: pashtun2_3092690a.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pashtun2_3092690a.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
>>1865635

It certainly adds to the disconnect people have today.

The fact that the British and French spent 50 years either fearful of fighting, preparing to fight, or directly fighting the Germans isn't something we have any analogous for.
>>
>>1865733
Dear sir, or Madam

It appears your IP has violated Global Rule no. 2

Please provide your ID, passport or a driving license,

else we would be forced to contact your local police department
>>
>>1865925
What about the cold war? Or what about the impending ww3?
>>
>>1865788
t. josef fritzl

I bet you think it's completely normal to lock up and rape your daughters then lock up and rape your daughters with your daughters
>>
>>1868448
Why? Doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>1868448
What the fuck have you been smoking?
>>
File: 1476842048176.jpg (55KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
1476842048176.jpg
55KB, 500x670px
>>1865635
>Millions dead
>Infrastructure rekt
>Spanish flu immediately after, killing millions more
>World plunges into a second war 20 years later, costing many millions more
What went wrong?
>>
>>1868448
imagine having such a bizarre autistic racist fixation that someone can't even tell a relevant story from their own family's history without you freaking out
>>
>>1868955
Germans
>>
>>1865925

Have you ever ventured outside of Europe?
>>
>>1868554
>>1868938
>>1868982
>>>/pol/

/his/ is not for wehraboos.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.