[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mishima

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (80KB, 474x538px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 474x538px
What was his fucking problem?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 215x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 215x329px
>>1865211
>"I have access to SDF facilities and energies public influence, I'm gonna launch a coup without getting any impressionable young officers on board first"

What did he mean by this? Was it all just autism?
>>
>>1865220
*enormous* public influence, rather
>>
>>1865211
Sublimated boi-lust.

>>1865220
Yes. He wanted a beautiful death. In the end he's another victim of aesthesis like Kenneth Grant or Hunter Thompson.
>>
>>1865220

From what I gathered, he just wanted a flashy or dramatic way to commit suicide with his boy lover.

He knew there wouldn't be a real coup.
>>
He was pretty qt but are his books worth reading?
>>
>>1865245
I like his plays and essays, he's really romantic and decadent in his language but it can be overwhelming at times.
>>
>>1865245
Mixed bag, imo. Didn't click with me but I didn't read wide and nothing sucked.
>>
>>1865245
I read it in Asian language that is based on Kanji. His works are beyond explanation. Not just breath taking, it makes you feel cold chills.
>>
>>1865211
>What was his fucking problem?

Shallow spiritless Modernist humanity
>>
>>1865245
if you want to find out how spooked someone can get
>>
>>1865245
Sound of Waves is comfy af
>>
>>1865245
Had friends in theatre and read some of his plays. Sun and Steel is GOAT tho
>>
>>1865370
I read the passage about the the fighter jet right after going into a hypoxia chamber for my job.. Got chills..
>>
>>1865211

he was an artist. His death was an artistic performance, not a political statement.

He knew the Emperor of Japan wasnt a god. But he thought a world in which people believed that lie was more beautiful and more worth living. He didnt care for truth, only aesthetics. He was also gay, comparable to those homosexuals who love traditional catholicism because of the beautiful liturgy, and not real religious feelings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanity_Declaration
>>
>>1865245

Give a try to Temple of the Golden Pavillion.

It is about a monk who commits a terrorist attack, and in a way, quite similar to Elliot Rodger's My Twisted World.
>>
>>1865710
You know what, you're absolutely right.. Holy shit.. Mishima really was amazing.
>>
>>1865211
He was born a hundred years too late
>>
File: 1475688359867.png (436KB, 691x487px) Image search: [Google]
1475688359867.png
436KB, 691x487px
>>1865695
>he thought a world in which people believed that lie was more beautiful and more worth living. He didnt care for truth, only aesthetics.

Being atheist, this is may attitude regarding religion exactly. Whether it's real or not is meaningless as long as it give people a ideal to aspire to.
>>
>>1866532
What if that ideal is killing infidels?
>>
>>1866665
do it beautifully
>>
>>1866708
I like you
>>
>>1865245
I read Confessions of a Mask recently, and I have to say it was one of my favourite things to read a good while. The intense introspection lends itself to Mishima's closeted homosexuality, but nonetheless provides a view into the author whilst maintaining plot stability. Certainly a 10/10
>>
File: 1453153179168.jpg (774KB, 1074x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1453153179168.jpg
774KB, 1074x1200px
>>1865245
I just finished Spring Snow and I'm slowly making my way through Running Horses right now. Really liking them so far.
>>
>>1865695
>>1865236
Has he ever considered that being a failure is not aesthetic and his failed coup just made him look like a clown?
>>
Sun and Steel is an amazing essay. You can read it here.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwGbhGWPReybN1dGcDFRYTA5dms/edit
>>
>>1865211
He was a faggot.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.