[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Mussolini.jpg (57KB, 356x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mussolini.jpg
57KB, 356x480px
Was he really that bad?
>>
Nah
>>
other than using chemical weapons on Ethiopia, and giving into Hitler and therefore enforcing anti semetic laws in 1939, no.
>>
File: gabba.jpg (62KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
gabba.jpg
62KB, 1024x576px
If you side with the people that got defeated and/or get killed by your own people you are a shitty leader. He manuged to do both.
>>
>>1865233
Not exactly, those were Communist partisans.
>>
File: 1421019846615.jpg (32KB, 411x225px) Image search: [Google]
1421019846615.jpg
32KB, 411x225px
Not at all, imo his only mistakes were aligning with Hitler, and subsequently giving into the Nazi's antisemitism.

The concentration camps in Libya & chemical weapons in Ethiopia were pretty inexcusable, though neither were unheard-of tactics for countries to employ - Example being the former count the Brits used the exact same mass detention tactics during the 50s to quell the Mau Mau Rebellion & Malayan Emergency.

If it were not for allying with Hitler, he'd be remembered as an Italian hero - Shoulda listened to Italo Balbo and the faction in the PNF that wanted to ally with Britain & France.
>>
Are his books worth reading?
>>
>>1865242
Still people around him didn't put up much of a fight.
>>1865250
No. Read Jünger instead. Same generation, less retardation.
>>
>>1865246
He was sided with Britain and France, until he invaded Ethiopia when they said no, despite the fact that between them both, they owned the far majority of Africa, and much of the rest of the world. Before that, Mussolini didn't like Hitler that much at all.

Though, I agree with you.
>>
>>1865250
I would advise reading 'The Doctrine of Fascism' to understand his political philosophy. Although, I believe the first half wasn't written by him:

http://www.worldfuturefund.org/wffmaster/Reading/Germany/mussolini.htm
>>
literally the ricardo diaz of ww2 era italy
>>
>>1865246
He should have stayed neutral like Franco, refusing to go to war unprepared. I don't know what prevented him of doing so.
>>
>>1865298
He didn't join the war until 1940. He wanted to join the war because he claimed Savoy, Nice, Corsica and Tunisia from France, while he also claimed Malta, Egypt and Somalia from Britain.
>>
>it's I know how to win WWII thread.
>>
>>1865250
this >>1865289
I've read it, it's rather interesting and gives you a good understanding of his vision and Fascism. Before reading it, it's quite hard to tell the differences from Fascism, presidential dictatorships and Nazism.
>>
>>1865250
All books are worth reading, even if you disagree with the author.
>>
File: ohyeah.jpg (40KB, 323x500px) Image search: [Google]
ohyeah.jpg
40KB, 323x500px
>>1865316
>>
>>1865181
He got worse.

Ultimately, he chose the side that did him in.
>>
>>1865298
Franco stayed neutral because Salazar held his hand and said the US would fix it eventually.
>>
>>1865181
No, he did nothing wrong except for putting too much faith in his high command
>>
He gave into Hitler's demands for help, the Italian army was barley ready to fight a World War 1 army, and he put them against the most advanced armies of the time. The Italians had no good officers, shitty/no equipment, tanks that were no better than armored cars and no infrastructure
>>
Italians! Here is the program of a genuinely Italian movement. It is revolutionary because it is anti-dogmatic, strongly innovative and against prejudice.
For the political problem: We demand:
a) Universal suffrage polled on a regional basis, with proportional representation and voting and electoral office eligibility for women.
b) A minimum age for the voting electorate of 18 years; that for the office holders at 25 years.
c) The abolition of the Senate.
d) The convocation of a National Assembly for a three-years duration, for which its primary responsibility will be to form a constitution of the State.
e) The formation of a National Council of experts for labor, for industry, for transportation, for the public health, for communications, etc. Selections to be made from the collective professionals or of tradesmen with legislative powers, and elected directly to a General Commission with ministerial powers.
>>
>>1865675
For the social problems: We demand:
a) The quick enactment of a law of the State that sanctions an eight-hour workday for all workers.
b) A minimum wage.
c) The participation of workers' representatives in the functions of industry commissions.
d) To show the same confidence in the labor unions (that prove to be technically and morally worthy) as is given to industry executives or public servants.
e) The rapid and complete systemization of the railways and of all the transport industries.
f) A necessary modification of the insurance laws to invalidate the minimum retirement age; we propose to lower it from 65 to 55 years of age.
For the military problem: We demand:
a) The institution of a national militia with a short period of service for training and exclusively defensive responsibilities.
b) The nationalization of all the arms and explosives factories.
c) A national policy intended to peacefully further the Italian national culture in the world.
For the financial problem: We demand:
a) A strong progressive tax on capital that will truly expropriate a portion of all wealth.
b) The seizure of all the possessions of the religious congregations and the abolition of all the bishoprics, which constitute an enormous liability on the Nation and on the privileges of the poor.
c) The revision of all military contracts and the seizure of 85 percent of the profits therein.
>>
>>1865675
based Marinetti and De Ambris
>>
>shitalian

Yes.
>>
>>1865181

He was an oppertunistic idiot. Ethiopia, Albania and Greece, all signs of retardation.
>>
File: terk.jpg (23KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
terk.jpg
23KB, 252x276px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I71VX5RyGA
>>
>>1865233
Commies aren't people.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.