[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historicity of King Arthur

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

I've heard a lot of theories ranging from Romano British Cavalry Commander during the Anglo-Saxon invasions (seems to be the most popular) to Scottish pagan to pure fantasy conjured by scared and defenseless Britons. Was wondering what /his/'s thoughts on the matter were.

I've seen his name spelt Arthwr and Arddwr in one of my textbooks and a pdf a professor sent me which makes me think he was some kind of Welsh or Cumbric.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-10-36-24.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-10-36-24.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>
File: Kirkburn Celek.jpg (1MB, 4000x807px) Image search: [Google]
Kirkburn Celek.jpg
1MB, 4000x807px
>>1864874
Welsh/Cumbric is more likely than Scottish, and he could be partially from Roman administration descent.
>>
>>1864874
Where is Camelot? The place of his supposed conception is a real castle in Cornwall, is it possible that it exists somewhere?
>>
>>1865430
Based on a number of places if I had to guess. I always pictured it as a British Atlantis or Thule.
>>
File: Vinland Saga Ch. 26 p.000.jpg (280KB, 964x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Vinland Saga Ch. 26 p.000.jpg
280KB, 964x1400px
>>1864874
>I've heard a lot of theories ranging from Romano British Cavalry Commander during the Anglo-Saxon invasions (seems to be the most popular)
>>1865406
>and he could be partially from Roman administration descent.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Artorius_Castus
>>
"He" was a cute girl
>>
>>1865434
The concept is that Camelot and Avalon were in a place called Lyennesse which is, indeed, the British Atlantis. The story is that it became corrupt and degenerate so God sunk it underneath the ocean.

The cool thing is, there are a great deal of old, petrified tree stumps off the coast of Penzance that can be seen in the bay at low tide. This is the supposed location of Lyennesse.
>>
>>1865984
>Camelot and Avalon were in a place called Lyennesse
Lyonesse is where Tristan was from. Camelot and Avalon were both in different areas. They're also both tied to a bunch of places now.
>>
>>1866192
I thought both Tristan and Isolde were from Ireland
>>
>>1866192
Shit you're right my bad.
>>1866203
Isolde was from Ireland. Ireland was at war with Lyennesse. Tristan and Isolde was what Romeo and Juliet was based on.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatians#Possible_influence_on_Arthurian_legends
I do wonder if anyone have any good sources regarding that.
>>
>>1864874
100% African Heritage my friend
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.