/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talking History with Plebs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

Y'all ever talk history with friends/coworkers?
>Be on break at work
>Talking about history
>Not sure how it comes up but we talk about WWII
>Both my grandfathers served in the US army.
>Grandfather of the dude I'm talking to also served
>Assume he served for the US
>Talked about how little food he was given and how they were starving in Germany in winter
>He said they came across a frozen field of potatoes and ate them for years
>A pretty strange story for an American soldier to experience
>Also, how did they just come across a field of frozen potatoes in the middle of a war torn landscape?
>He says "the Russian troops weren't given much to eat"
>"Oh you're grand dad was a Red Army soldier!"
>Remember stories of how the Red Army raped millions of German women and children
>Murdered innocents by the fuck load
>Images of the bodies of poor German's raped to death by Soviet hands flood my mind
>My coworkers' dad most likely murdered and raped the people who owned the farm and stole their food
>Most likely murdered and raped a lot of other people as well.
>My coworker doesn't know much about history so I'm not sure if he knew what went on during the Soviet advance.

I have spoken to a lot of WWII veterans and people who experienced the war. I knew an old man who remembered the Soviet push and was raped by Soviet soldiers when he was a very young boy. You can't forget seeing an old man cry. It is very difficult for me to talk about WWII with people who don't know much about the conflict. When I meet someone who is proud of his family member who served in the most evil, morally inept army since Genghis Khan, I can't help by feel sickened and angry.

Have y'all ever had any similar experiences?
>>
I'm from an ex-commie country so people have been brainwashed with some made-up history since they were children, so there's that. It's nearly impossible to talk about USSR or Russia without some idiot starts to defend them as God's chosen people who saved the world.
>>
>>1864240
>y'all
You're the pleb here
>>
>>1864292
Fucking really? Despite the fact they most likely have family members murdered by that regime?
>>
>>1864353
You'd be surprised what half a century of totalitarism can do to a population.
>>
>>1864240
>y'all

Flyover state retards need not post on /his/, go back to retards9k or something
>>
>>1864372
I know they were brainwashed at the time, but I thought that at the fall of the iron curtain, the populace tried to educate themselves and any remaining commie lovers were cringeworthy children or old folks.

>>1864375
>flyover state
I'm from Georgia, asshole. If anything we're a layover state.
>>
>>1864240
>Genghis Khan
>Evil
>Morally inept
You only say this because Genghis was a strong black man.
>>
File: 1394677007584.jpg (40KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
1394677007584.jpg
40KB, 600x514px
>>1864240
Get your Beaner ass back to bed.
>>
This thread is aptly named, for anyone responding to OP is partaking in the behavior described.
>>
It's more related to mythology than history, but still humanities related. Yesterday I got quite the trouble trying to make a friend of mine understand that Mars and Ares were not exactly the same. The meme that romans copied literally all their gods and religion from the greeks is too strong amongst those cultured enough to know them but without further knowledge. I think she still thinks I'm a dork who confuses Ares with Hades, despite the fact that I insisted that this wasn't the case.
>>
>>1864489
Its a huge issue with people claiming that Romans COPIED the Greeks.

The same thing with Roman theater copying Greek theater. It certainly did not copy Greek theater but instead found inspiration from it.

They also created some of the earliest parodies by turning serious Greek dramas into raunchy comedies. Romans also updated older plays to make them more popular for a Roman audience. A lot of those Greek plays were lost so the Romans did their best to resurrect them despite having so little information to work with.

But no they just copied the Greeks is all. Its not like they saved theater or anything. Thanks to the Romans we have such great pieces of theater like Spiderman the Musical and Hamilton.
>>
>>1864240
>>Remember stories of how the Red Army raped millions of German women and children
>>Murdered innocents by the fuck load
I don't think it's anything to forgive them, but don't be deluded that the Germans were any kinder on the civilians throughout Barbarossa.

The crimes perpetrated in Poland and Prussia were the culmination of battered and fatigued soldiers finally catching sight of something on which to finally take out their anger: German women and chidren.

We're in no place to judge.

Don't think you're any better because your cosied-up grandfathers didn't bear nearly as much hatred against the Germans.
>>
>>1864425
t. Ivan
>>
>>1864566
The worst is that those who repeat this meme feel very smart when saying it. Like it's a consensus amongst cultured guys, a way to show you got how classic culture works and you're not a pleb who happens to have watched Disney's Hercules.
>>
>>1864240
Lol.

US army raped women in Normandy, France, during WWII and keeps raping and killing along the world nowadays.
Reports of women being raped by States' soldiers in Japan and Colombia for example.
Talk about "most evil, morally inept army"...
>>
>>1864240
America did some fucked up shit too. But the history books forget to mention it, for some conspicuous reason.
>>
>>1864665
Because those instances occurred much less often
>>
>>1864662
The US doesn't promote a "righteous wrath" to justify it's terrible vengeance on a civilian population though
>>
>>1864590
>>1864662
>>1864665
>>1864665

The Red Army literally used rape as a tactic to demoralize. The instances of US soldiers raping folks were prevalent and they weren't simply in the hundreds. But the Red Army raped by the MILLIONS. I don't know of a single instance in which a Russian was disciplined for raping a woman or a child.

>Its just angry soldiers getting their rocks off!
>Silly cozy up Americans not treating women like human piles as shit as much as real Russian men
>But no there were also reports of rape too!
Scumbag apologist pieces of shit. My grandparents were officers who didn't rape anyone and helped win the fucking war. Yeah, I think my family is a million times better than my coworker's family.
>>
>>1864753
I think Beevor mentions how the frontline guard armies disciplined soldiers at least to some extent but the following conscript armies where a complete scourge
>>
File: 1472706132343.png (480KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1472706132343.png
480KB, 600x525px
>>1864240
>Mention how Stalin was worse than Hitler in every respect
>Get called a Nazi
>>
>>1864753
No, your family is not better. And i highly doubt your grandparents would tell you of their mislead behaviour if they had had it anyway...
You will never know if they raped or not children and women.
>>
File: 055-1.jpg (72KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
055-1.jpg
72KB, 640x425px
>speaking to American
>'America saved the world in world war 1 and 2. Germany wanted to kill anyone who didn't have blond hair and blue eyes.'

>class is talking about britain's history
>around half the class didn't know there was such thing as a british empire
>the other half thought it was destroyed by america in 1776

I seriously hate America. it has ruined everything.
>>
>>1865784
America is a continent, but yea, US is shit
Lol
>>
>>1864406
>the populace tried to educate themselves and any remaining commie lovers were cringeworthy children or old folks.
Why is it so hard for Amerifats to fathom that there is a lot of nostalgia for communism in eastern Europe, and often for good reason?
>>
>>1865784
Considering you're in high school that isn't surprising.
>>
>>1865751
lmao they were both Christian family men who were well educated and highly respected in the community. My grandad was a major and served under Patton in Italy. He didn't rape anyone.

My other grandad was a Sergeant and got shot in the rear end in Germany. He didn't rape anyone either because he was a handsome man with a beautiful wife (my gradma) back home. And if he wanted some French or German pussy he could have just asked.
>>
>>1865828
Yes but how do you know for sure?

You don't.
>>
>>1864566
>great pieces of theatre like Spider-Man the musical

isn't that garbage? I like Hamilton tho
>>
>>1865800
Because Communism killed millions of their own people under the guise of "we're doing it for the greater good!" while folks were starving on the streets. The whole time, the USA was enjoying the highest standard of living on Earth.

It makes no sense that people would be that deluded as to be Communist.
>>
File: 1437426509757.jpg (79KB, 494x478px) Image search: [Google]
1437426509757.jpg
79KB, 494x478px
>>1864753
>My grandparents were officers who didn't rape anyone
Well he's hardly likely to have admitted to raping a bunch of choir boys. He probably raped entire villages t.bh
>>
>>1864753
Oh Lord fucking Americans.

>WW2
>Hitler has 15 million Russian civilians perish under his orders
>"whaaaat how the fuck could those dirty russians seek retaliation"

>9/11 2001
>merely 2000 people are murdered
>"fuck those fucking sandniggers, we are going to nuke, rape, pillage and torture those fucking iraqis in every possible sense"

Mind your step when you're climbing down from your moral pedestal.
>>
>>1865844
I don't think you understand how shitty present day eastern Europe is.
>>
>>1865828
Christians rape too
>>
The Soviets saved the Germans from fascism
Rapes by the Soviet Army are over-estimated in number and even if so do not in any way compare to the tremendous suffering inflicted by the Germans upon the Soviet people with far more rape and violence.
>>
>>1865835
How about I rape you, faggot?

Rapist are shitty people because it takes a shitty person to rape. AKA it takes a Ruskie.
>>
>>1865853
Just like Stalin?
Oh so that's why Russians rape each other too. Oookey.
>>
>>1865866
>how about i rape you, faggot
Holy shit I spit milk all over my fucking monitor.
>>
>>1865889
Russians have a strange mentality that has adulating stronger leaders though, so with Stalin being on of their own, I'm certain that they'd forgiven him.

Also, let's not pretend that the disappearances were that overt. Enough was known by the Russian population for them to be regimented strictly, and abide strictly to orders, but the full extent of gulags was never known before Khrouchtchev.
>>
>>1865844
If US was and still is enjoying the highest living standards it is due to all those other countries they are getting raw materials from and in which they are exporting some of their heavy industry.
Half the world was and still is perishing to bring you better living standards...
Quite fair, isnt it?
>>
>>1864753
>I don't know of a single instance in which a Russian was disciplined for raping a woman or a child.

Thats because you are a pleb. Hell, when something like this happened they dragged the rapist to the forest and shot him without a trial or mercy.
>>
File: suka.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
suka.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>1865905
>Khrouchtchev
>>
My grandmother when se was alive told me about her suffering during the ww2 from famine caused by the red army confiscating all the food from her village, she lost her newborn child because of that, and there was a big pile of dead bodies in front of the church , nobody had strength left to bury them.
After that she still was complaining about the life was easier in the soviet times than in current capitalism with broken economy and poverty but still i don't understand her why after so much suffering she instead of blaspheming that totalitarian commie regime she was nostalgic about it, and many ex-soviet people are the same.
>>
>>1866030
French spelling actually.
>>
>>1866298
Well maybe she shouldn't have lived in a country that was trying to murder and conquer half the world... dumb bitch
>>
>>1866432
It's not like people back then had a choice.
>>
My pet peeve is talking about economic history with plebs that just repeat what eccentric politicians have told them.

I've spent a lot of time trying to find the truth in our economic past here in Australia and it saddens me how history is continually re-written even when evidence of the truth is available for anyone to find; in books, online, in interviews etc
>>
>>1866023
>when something like this happened they dragged the rapist to the forest and shot him without a trial or mercy.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/harrowing-memoir-german-woman-writes-ground-breaking-account-of-ww2-rape-a-680354.html
>The average age of the women in Kuwert's study at the time of their rapes was 16.7, and each of the women was raped an average of 12 times.

>In post-war communist East Germany, Schumacher says she was forced to sign a statement effectively denying the rapes even occurred.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106687768

Go beat yourself to death with an icepick.
>>
File: osvoboditel_102151388_orig_.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
osvoboditel_102151388_orig_.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>1867000
>http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/harrowing-memoir-german-woman-writes-ground-breaking-account-of-ww2-rape-a-680354.html
Nazi whores erotic fanfictions
>>
>>1864662
>Reports of women being raped by States' soldiers in Japan and Colombia for example.
hi leftypol
>>
>>1864240
I regularly shared a study room/computer lab with a classmate who seemed to be neck deep into all kinds of historical and religious memes and conspiracies, from aliens building pyramids to giant skeletons. It was painful.
>>
>>1864293
>>1864375
There's nothing wrong with "y'all". It's a perfectly logical contraction of "you all".
>>
>>1864240
So? We're from the South. Our ancestors were racist and some owned slaves, but that doesn't mean we're bad people. All our anecestors were products if their time and place, whether they were communists, nazis, or confederates.
>>
>>1867906
Agree
>>
>>1867906
this tbqh. If we suffer from the sins of our ancestors, that means that pretty much all of Mongolia can be held responsible for the crimes of Ghengis Khan.

(offer not good if you approve of and wish to continue the sins of your ancestors)
>>
File: 1477224335550.gif (2MB, 293x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477224335550.gif
2MB, 293x240px
>>1864240
The weak shall inherit nothing.
The Germans got what was comming to them
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 540x782px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 540x782px
>>1864240
>blonde german boy being used as a fucktoy by rough soviet red army soldiers
>>
>>1864240

You're the biggest pleb on this board.
>>
>>1865828
>they were both Christian family men

How in the fuck does this matter? Nazis were Christian as well and we all know the fucked up shit they did. Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>1865853

>it's another "let's pretend that all the deaths and atrocities in Iraq were carried out by American soldiers and totally not Iraqis ripping each other apart the second they get the opportunity" episode
>>
>>1868883
For the first three years, it was the 100% neoconservative Americans fault.

Intersectarian violence didn't start till 2006.
>>
>>1865924
>trade is bad
>>
>>1868889

Lol no they were killing each other within months of the fall of Saddam.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imam_Ali_mosque_bombing
>>
>>1865744
You are, why denied it
>>
>grandma's family home was sacked and burned by brown midget chinks (her words)
>whole family traveled across the country on foot but food was justly appropriated for great cause of glorious supreme democratic peoples' union of equality and citizens' happiness on path to communism
>3 of her brothers didn't make it
>had to work in the fucking coal mines for a decade, next job was truck driver/mechanic

>other side of family, grandpappy was given the choice to fight for the germans or he and his family gets shot right there
>had to live in hiding for the rest of his life because he was a disgusting fascist racist sexist misogynist counter revolutionary

This summer at festival I witnessed a morbidly obese, cyan haired parody of a human being extol the virtues of the "good old days" at a festival including these gems
>The nazis were killing women and children so it was the soviet's duty to liberate them
>Life was better in soviet times because everyone had equal opportunities and there was no wage gap
>If you didn't want to work, you could just stay at home and the state would pay your bills, why can't we do that now?

Triggered me real hard so I tole that fat bitch
>communism hurt more people than it helped

Got that rabies vitctim look in her eye and started power shuffling towards me but hit her toes on great ally of tree root and gave out a banshee scream and got hungry or something & slowly gravitated towards the shashlyk stands.

>If you didn't want to work, you could just stay at home and the state would pay your bills, why can't we do that now?
Still get mad at this one even now
>>
>>1866920
Weren't there a couple of pretty important economists that came out of colonial Australia? I vaguely remember being taught one of them came up with a concept that was at first ignored, but then another guy discovered it and people finally recognized the first guys work.
>>
File: ufeelit.png (11KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
ufeelit.png
11KB, 645x773px
>>1864240
>tfw granddad was born in 1918
>tfw pappy lived through 80% of the fucking 20th century
>tfw didnt ask him anything
He had a mind for ecconomics and politics too. I really should have asked him everything from the fall of the ottomans to the blackshirts and the average english citzens views on the soviets.
>>
File: laughing_kelly_C.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_kelly_C.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>1864566
>Thanks to the Romans we have such great pieces of theater like Spiderman the Musical
>>
>>1866298
after the war everyone had a job, free healthcare and education. The state made sure to employ people. There was virtually no organized crime because the state owned everything and in order to run a racket, you would have to extort the government. Once the USSR collapsed, people had to learn to start looking out for themselves and dodge the newly formed mafiosos that sprung up from everywhere. Your grandma isn't wrong, life was a lot more stable during communist rule for the average citizen. Had it been better, if they started out on the right political path? most likely. Politics aside, people get USSR nostalgia because of the social aspect of things. Education standards were world class, dominant athletes in all sports, promoted equality among all races and genders.

Now all that spook bullshit about human experimentation, interrogation techniques, mass executions/rape on the battlefield, government cover ups, only the warmongering seeking careers in politics... has always been going on, is happening, and will never stop, everywhere. All politicians are scumbags and enemies of the people they pretend to represent.
>>
>>1865866
>rapists are shitty people
>now I'm going to threaten to rape you
Do your family a favor and end yourself you inept clown.
>>
>>1868883
>pull out your house's support columns
>act completely surprised and then blame gravity when it inevitably implodes
>>
>>1869256
>There was virtually no organized crime
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitch_Wars

Maybe you've been brainwashed too?
>>
>>1869400

>Retarded criminals inside prison killing each other, while the guards just laugh it up

You sure showed him
>>
>>1869411
Same guys lil' ol' Putin had to literally bend the knee to, shaking my head, to be honest mine kin.
>>
>>1864240
My great grandmother was a French woman who was raped by an American soldier she never met again. Every army raped people.
>>
>>1869400
"ORGANIZED" crime, as in rackets, and when CEOs and bankers answer to criminals, and when basically the whole town is under mob rule with most people not knowing they even exist. Not your everyday dime a dozen crooks and drug dealers. You are "virtually" braindead
>>
File: dreku.jpg (34KB, 419x354px) Image search: [Google]
dreku.jpg
34KB, 419x354px
>>1864240
>Talking History with Plebs
So the state of /his/ general?
>>
>muh USA

Anthony Burgess's wife was raped, beaten and robbed by US soldiers stationed in Britain, she had a miscarriage shortly after.
>>
>>1869468
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>1864240
>When I meet someone who is proud of his family member who served in the most evil, morally inept army since Genghis Khan
That would be the Germans or the Japanese. I feel sorry for the German women but let's not forget who started this war and who killed more civilians, often in a very cruel way.

The Germans were worse.
>>
>>1864240
My parents found out a few years ago that the father of their friends was in the Waffen SS! He wasn't working a death camp but it's quite possible he did some unsavoury things.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.