[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slaves or laborers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 4_20081011020534.jpg (32KB, 457x343px) Image search: [Google]
4_20081011020534.jpg
32KB, 457x343px
Slaves or laborers?
>>
>>1863896
Kangz
>>
File: terk.jpg (23KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
terk.jpg
23KB, 252x276px
why not both.
>>
>>1863896
wageslaves lol
>>
File: blue.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
blue.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>1863898
>>
>>1863896
Ayyliums
>>
Seasonal citizen workers mandated by the state.

Happens in ancient China too, where during off-season, people are put to work on state projects.
>>
>>1864079
So slaves
>>
>dey wasn't slaves dey was paid in beer and bread
>>
>>1864087
You get paid dumbass.
>>
>>1864096
Well, they were somewhat paid. Better than say Roman slaves.
Also, ancient Egypt didn't have a notion of private property. Everything belonged to the pharaoh, he was just generous enough to let them work/live on the land.
>>
>>1864096
barter system 101
>>
>>1864087
>semantics
Not chattel slaves.
>>
>>1864113
If you're only getting paid in enough food to replenish the energy you spent during the day and some beer to numb away the pain, are you really getting paid?
>>
>>1864130
I don't know, ask a Bangladeshi.
>>
>>1863896
The Egyptians have an extremely long history, and the farther you go back the typically harder it is to piece things together.

Were the Great Pyramids built with slave labor?

Firstly, what's the definition of slave? Does the modern day term apply to circa 2560BCE?

>Many alternative, often contradictory, theories have been proposed regarding the pyramid's construction techniques.[22] Many disagree on whether the blocks were dragged, lifted, or even rolled into place. The Greeks believed that slave labour was used, but modern discoveries made at nearby workers' camps associated with construction at Giza suggest that it was built instead by tens of thousands of skilled workers.

So even if they were "slaves" in whatever term ancient Egyptians regarded them as, does it matter if they were or weren't nonetheless?
>>
>>1864096
>I am a modern faggot thinking money was everything there is to it in the history of economic exchange.
>>
>>1864154
>Greeks believed that slave labour
Greeks believed everyone who was not greek and accomplished wondrous feats did so out of slaves.

>Oh the Persian Empire? Built by slave soldiers. Yeap yeap. I mean, how do you think they got so many people to fight for them? Semi-Autonomous lords who raised soldiers from a military class paid for with land? Get out of here!
>>
>>1864169
I know, classical history isn't the most reliable even if written down by smart men, most of the time they just filled in the blanks for stuff they didn't know, leading to wildly different histories varying by region and time

Romans had the same problem to a lesser degree, but with Rome, the multiple sackings destroyed a lot of history we otherwise would be teaching and talking about today
>>
>>1864206
Its reliable in understanding the Greek mindset, not the actual contents of the records.
>>
>>1864281
Nonesense, reading Trump or Obama a thousand years from now will tell you dick about the "American mindset"
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.