[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this podcast /his/ approved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Hardcore History.jpg (22KB, 239x239px) Image search: [Google]
Hardcore History.jpg
22KB, 239x239px
Is this podcast /his/ approved?
>>
Yes, the WWI series was quite insightful. Quality stuff.
>>
I loved the nazi invasion of Soviet. I wasn't ready for the amount of horrors.
>>
>>1860816

Eh, its good if you know nothing about the subject beforehand and the narrative history is nice but beyond that I would recommend more in depth podcasts like Mike Duncan's The History of Rome and its Fan-made sequel, The History of Byzantium. I still think Wrath of the Khans is his best yet just because of how it sets the tone.
>>
>>1860877

Its good as a story, but he skips a lot of stuff, and I mean ALOT as is almost inevitable when dealing with such a massive part of WW2.
>>
>>1860816
His stuff is excellent.
Obviously some parts are glossed over in the interests of pacing and tension, but in terms of getting an entry-level knowledge of a subject, I don't think there is anyone better.
Dan presents subjects in such an interesting and relatable way it's hard to forget the broad strokes.

As >>1860882 said, Mike Duncan is great too.
A bit less "fun", but goes in to a lot more detail, and is somewhat more focused (good and bad - the tangents in HH are usually very enjoyable) given the shorter episodes.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.