[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: iwonder.jpg (18KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
iwonder.jpg
18KB, 403x403px
What happened?
>>
muslims vs X, the usual

But in reality it was the anglo's fucking shit up as usual when trying to find a solution to indian muslims and hindus and created Pakistan and modern India while both sides are now fighting for Kashmir.
The irony being while Kashmir is majority muslim they still joined India.
>>
Abrahamic religions turn brother against brother, father against son, etc., as Jesus promised.
>>
>>1860744
>The irony being while Kashmir is majority muslim they still joined India.

The Hindu ruler of Kashmir joined India. The people had no say in it.
>>
>>1860744
>they joined India
>they
>>
>>1860744
I think the point that is overlooked is the means by which Anglo fostered division between hindus and muslims in order to maintain loyal cadres who could keep India profitable in spite of independence movements.

Also of note is how the idea of hindu OR muslim was something (not consciously, I believe) created by Anglo; regular census taking forced persons to choose one religion, which does not fit India. Hinduism has always been a faith which is not (shall we say) doctrinally robust (until hindutva in the mid C20th) hence it blends in and out of other religions (see Jains and Buddhists) so to choose one enforced division where synthesis would have been likely (evidence: many Indians in early census papers would attempt to write Hindu-Muslim etc.)

But basically, muslims felt (due to their smaller numbers) that they would be poorly represented in a free India (as elections to the Councils showed them pre-independence) and distrusted congress to represent their interests given some members of congress were hindu nationalist to some degree, and both 'sides' felt religion to be more salient a category than a vague 'Indian-ness' (due to aforementioned processes) hence the Pakistan movement started to advocate a separate government in the north west and east for a muslim majority population (NB Initially not a separate state from India; think a US of India with Pakistan & Bangladesh being states). The real sticking point was essentially the border division and the absolute fucking bloodbath that ensued (to which BOTH SIDES SHARE EQUAL BLAME I MUST ADD) sealed the arbitrary border split forever. For more info on Partition, look up Gyanendra Pandey's work on partition.

</rant>
>>
>>1861988
This is pretty much spot on, the tl;dr is Anglo fuckery. Nehru's idea was not a fully divided Muslim state in opposition to a fully Hindu state, he wanted an area that was *primarily* Muslim along with an India that would be *primarily* Hindu but each would have the other, that way they all had to get along. Mountbatten absolutely cucked him at the last minute by moving the date of independence up from 1948 to 1947 and offering him a Pakistan that was not carved up in the way previously mentioned then basically said "you get this or you get nothing", so that was that. As previously mentioned, the "Hindu/Muslim" divide was not a real thing until it had to be for British census purposes; I'm studying in Pune for 3 months and traveling around India as well and easily the most recognizable religious figure you see EVERYWHERE is this guy Sai Baba who is equally revered by Hindus and Muslims. It's Hindutva / BJP / Shiv Sena proto-fascists who are really fucking everything up. Truthfully one of the reasons Trump and the alt-right scares me so much is because of how similar he sounds to the Indian right and how the political scene is here now - PM Modi is a man who literally incited pogroms against Muslims in 2002 when he was the leader of Gujarat.

I was actually at the border b/w Amritsar and Lahore two days ago, there are literally two stadiums built on either side, one for India, one for Pakistan. Every day they do a flag lowering ceremony at 5pm complete with choreographed song and dance. The Indian hype man shouts about "Hindustan" (I.e., Bangladesh and Pakistan being part of India) and everything. Nationalism is truly bonkers.
>>
>>1862261
Fellow desibro! I want to start reading about Indian history. Who are some good unbiased historians?
>>
>>1862315
Not a desibro, just a guy who's working on a double major in Indian religious philosophy and anthropology :) I would start with Bose and Jalal's "Modern South Asia", it's pretty readable and does a good job of correcting past colonialist/orientalist anthropology and history without being overly revisionist or woke, though if you're an ancient history nerd like me you won't get a whole lot. In terms of political climate (at least in Maharashtra) try and find Gerard Heuze's essay "Shiv Sena" though it is a little bit outdated.
>>
>>1860719
US gave Pakistan nukes

bad idea of the century
>>
File: 1468928326173.jpg (12KB, 430x320px) Image search: [Google]
1468928326173.jpg
12KB, 430x320px
>>1862364
>>
>>1860719
who fucking cares
>>
>>1862360
The Story of India by Micheal Woods is a must.

And if you really want to know the cultural aspect of India, the land beyond Indus, you should listen to Sanjeev Sanyal on YouTube.
>>
Brits fucking suck and making borders
>>
>>1860820
>people
>mattering.
>>
>>1860719
India have military power to overrun the paks but now the paks have nukes.
>>
>>1862261
>PM Modi is a man who literally incited pogroms against Muslims in 2002 when he was the leader of Gujarat.
he was an incompetent buffoon who didn't know what to do during a critical situation like the train burnings. Modi was a compromise candidate that the BJP led by Keshubhai patel had brought around before the next state elections.

Also
>maharashtra
>sai baba is popular.
well whoop dee fucking do.
visit nashik and buy grapes you fuck
>>
>>1866051
Operation brasstacks was the hero we needed.
>>
>>1862261
>Sai Baba who is equally revered by Hindus and Muslims
Jesus, Mary and John the baptist are revered by both muslims and christians, it doesn't mean that there's no divide.
And there was already religious conflicts at the time of Akbar. What proof do you have that the census was the main cause ?
>>
>>1866032
They did this on purpose

Lord Curzon partitioned the administrative districts of modern Pakistan and Bangladesh for the purpose of culling Hindu nationalism, and look where we are today
>>
>>1864104
it's a very interesting piece of history
>>
>>1860719
Pakistan was made so Britain could still have some control in the area. As a result, a million people died, Hindu women were raped by Muslims and burned alive by their husbands so they wouldn't get raped and killed by Muslims.
>>
>>1867338
Where were the Sikhs during all of this? Aren't they supposed to defend the oppressed?
>>
>>1862261
Not /pol/, but Trump isn't advocating what you are implying. Legal immigration is something we should have been doing all along.
>>
>>1867397
They went to the Hindu side.
>>
>>1866054
>>maharashtra
>>sai baba is popular.
>well whoop dee fucking do.
>visit nashik and buy grapes you fuck
At first I was like 'lyl'.
Then I remembered all the kids he raped.
>>
Basically both sides went pretty fucking mental on each other while history actually seems to suggest that most of it was violence conducted out in reaction to tall tales.
>>
>>1866235
this
>>
>muh ancient perfect harmony between vastly opposed religions
Islam happened. Brits did nothing wrong.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.