[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the Muslim equivalent of one, holy, catholic and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Ecumenism.jpg (72KB, 332x333px) Image search: [Google]
Ecumenism.jpg
72KB, 332x333px
What would be the Muslim equivalent of one, holy, catholic and apostolic church?

I'm writing a short story where the Catholic Church becomes full Muslim after a fictional Third Vatican Council.

I'm thinking that since Islam doesn't have apostles, but prophets, something on the lines of one, holy, ecumenical prophetic church
>>
>>1859629
>Catholic Church becomes full Muslim after a fictional Third Vatican Council

kys
>>
File: kiss.jpg (6KB, 292x193px) Image search: [Google]
kiss.jpg
6KB, 292x193px
>>1859635
t. butthurt Catholic
>>
>>1859629
An attempt was made at the very beginning, but then they started to dispute the succession and, thus, the Shiites became separated from the Sunnites.

The best you can do is maken Eastern Orthodoxy-like system (which has happened, see Shiite Iran, but is unlikely to spread.)
>>
>>1859666
confirmation that this thread is meant for sinners, may God have mercy on the souls of all posters ITT
>>
>>1859666
But what would the equivalent of apostolic succession in Islam be called? Prophetic? Imanic?

>>1859684
It's just fiction.
>>
>>1859629
If Muhammad had a surviving male heir, there's no doubt it would have passed down patrilineally as the authority of caliph
>>
>>1859692
>It's just fiction.
most of the devil's work is indeed fiction
>>
File: To what end.jpg (22KB, 201x247px) Image search: [Google]
To what end.jpg
22KB, 201x247px
>>1859629
>I'm writing a short story where the Catholic Church becomes full Muslim after a fictional Third Vatican Council.
>>
File: Mudslim BTFO.png (131KB, 732x723px) Image search: [Google]
Mudslim BTFO.png
131KB, 732x723px
>>1859650
>>
>>1859729
>Thomas Aquinas
>not binding to the faithful
>Nostrar Aetate and Lumen Gentium
>binding to the faithful
>>
>>1859696
One holy, imamic, patriarchical church maybe?
>>
The document Noster Propheta Mahometus declares that there is no God but God and Muhammad is his prophet, and the encyclical Lumen Orientis proclaim the good news that Jesus was the Messiah sent to the Jews, but was a mere human prophet; moreover he didn't die in the cross, but an impostor.

The names Noster Propheta Mahometus and Lumen Orientis are a clear parody of Nostra Aetate and Lumen Gentium.
>>
>>1859799
>on the cross, but an impostor did
Allah is the greatest deceiver (says the Koran).
>>
>>1859778
>Thomas Aquinas
>Doctor of the Church

>Anti-Pope Cuckcis
>Heretical feet-licker
>>
>>1859778
Also, Vatican II was PASTORAL not dogmatic.
>>
>>1859813
Too bad these documents precede Pope Francis, rightfully called Cuckcis.
>>
>>1859729
>ban bacon
>ban beer
>slave to carnal pleasures
>>
>>1859692
>But what would the equivalent of apostolic succession in Islam be called? Prophetic? Imanic?

Oh, you meant that. Well, it all depends on how you'd plan to call the "pope" and the "cardinals" of this Islamized catholic church, as imams are probably going to be turned into the lower strata of the organization. Maybe Allathoyas turn into cardinals and somebody titles to the effect of "Allathoya of Allathoyas" is the pope?
>>
File: IMAM ALI 2.jpg (33KB, 374x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMAM ALI 2.jpg
33KB, 374x480px
>>1859629
>What would be the Muslim equivalent of one, holy, catholic and apostolic church?
Caliphte ruled by the Imam of the house of the prophet
>>
>>1859629

muslims dont have anything like that

a church is a community of the faitfull, in islam they call that umma, but the meaning isnt realy the same

but all muslims are supposedly equal under god, imams and hodjas just perform the religious functions

off course thats not realy how it works and imams impose themselves as religious authorities but ''''''in theory'''''''' islam cant realy have a hierarchicaly organised thing like the catholic church

it does have religious courts and councils tho
>>
>>1859831
Thanks, that was helpfull.

>>1859851
>>1859857
No, you don't get it. In the fictional universe where the story takes place, there is a fusion of the Catholic Church and the Islamic Caliphate. It is not the case that the Catholic Church disappears and gives way to Islam, but that the Church retains all formulas, regalia, pomp, and structure of the Catholic Church but only changes its dogma to incorporate Muslim beliefs, to rule over all Europe, North Africa and Middle East.
>>
>>1859729
http://orthodoxinfo.com/general/stjohn_islam.aspx
Based St. John of Damascus.
>>
>>1859857
Sooo, muslims are protestants.
>>
>>1859880
So, no more idolatry?
>>
>>1859857
I'm going to dispute the latter part of your statements with examples.
>The Khalifa of the Ahmadiyya Community.
>The Prelates of the various Shi'ite sects.
>>
>>1859902
The Trinitarians are considered ghulat (exaggerators in Arab). The Trinitarian dogma is considered a heresy and practiced mainly in Greece and Russia. Church icons, crosses are stored in the Vatican vaults.
>>
>>1859940 (Me)
There is, however, a Catholic Church in exile or catacomb church, that rejects the Vatican III and its reforms. They are considered radical extremists and outlawed all over the Ecumene (Europe, North Africa and the Middle East).
>>
>>1859629
Are you going to share that story here at some point? I'm curious about it.
>>
>>1860045
Here? Hmm, sure why not?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.